Matt Nichols -BOO!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

32 - 23 = 9 points given up by the D yesterday. 

Edmonton and Calgary aren't Sask. Sask's offense is terrible. Edm and Calgary's offences are elite as evidenced by them scoring 90 points yesterday.

9 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

You better move to the States and start scouting then.  Again, bullshit.  The only part that has any credible thought is on Neufeld.  We should have had more depth behind Hardrick and Foketi, but them getting hurt in consecutive weeks is pretty unusual.  

We've had a bunch of import returners and if you look around the league there aren't many guys lighting it up right now.  Fogg is one of the top punt returners.  It's not worth rostering someone to do kickoffs.

I agree the import scouting has left a lot to be desired.  But disagree with the bullshit assumption about imports vs Canadians.  I don't believe that offense yesterday would have been better with 3 more average import players starting.

You're saying that Peterman (127 Yards), Simonize (69 Yards) and Wolo (393 Yards, 26th in the league) are as good as imports? That's some pretty big BS right there. 

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

If our offense is going to be a 17 point handicap every week it wouldn't matter if we could have a seance and have Buddy Ryan running our D.  We won't beat anyone.  And the D has actually been good on the whole this season with a few bad games.  The O is a black hole.

Let's get Pete Catan's Ghost in here. I'm not as high on the D as you are but they sure are better than the O.

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

You're saying that Peterman (127 Yards), Simonize (69 Yards) and Wolo (393 Yards, 26th in the league) are as good as imports? That's some pretty big BS right there. 

Pfft...get real, those guys have barely played or been targeted.  When they have all they have done is make plays.  Wolitarsky finally starts being targeted, last 4 games he's on 1000 yard pace.

Corey Washington is in an import.  Guy who has spent time with 7 NFL teams.  What has he done in that time frame?

12 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

127 yards in 4 games is actually pretty good for a raw rookie...  that's a 500-600 yd season - I'm fine with that

Wolitarsky will emerge as one of our starting SBs if he keeps up this pace of development - maybe 1000 yard guy in a couple years

On another note, I'd say Demski has exceeded expectations...  great signing there

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

127 yards in 4 games is actually pretty good for a raw rookie...  that's a 500-600 yd season - I'm fine with that

Wolitarsky will emerge as one of our starting SBs if he keeps up this pace of development - maybe 1000 yard guy in a couple years

On another note, I'd say Demski has exceeded expectations...  great signing there

Demski catches 70% of his targets.  Wolitarsky catches 70% of his targets.  Thompkins catches 70% of his targets.  Petermann catches 61% of his targets.  Dressler catches 60% of his targets.  Adams catches 50% of his targets (most targets 81, and only Bomber receiver averaging over 15 yards per attempted pass).  Bowman caught 50% of his targets as a Bomber this season.  Washington catches 40% of his targets.

Facts.

6 hours ago, TheSource said:

Nothing will happen. Unlike the other CFL teams there is no sense of urgency to win in Winnipeg. Team will go 5 and 13 this year, will make minor player changes and lose a number of high profile free agents this off-season. Next year should be something like a 2 and 16 campaign. After that, the BOD will can Miller and the rest of the staff and then bring in another Jeff Reinhold type to run it all who is one of the buddies of a BOD member.

Sound familiar? If you know anything about this team, it should.

Man, you're depressing. Do us all a favour. Go see your doctor & get your meds changed. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

What's wrong with Wolitarski & Petermann? They make plays when they get the chance. More than I can say for our speedy import receivers who continue to disappoint game after game after game. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Man, you're depressing. Do us all a favour. Go see your doctor & get your meds changed. 

He's got a point though. 28 years is a long time.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Thank you.

You nailed it.

You can definitely argue that letting JFG go and then switching to an all-possession receiver NI receiving corps was a huge mistake.

None of the Cdn talent they brought in is any better than JFG, as evident by the stats.

36 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What's wrong with Wolitarski & Petermann? They make plays when they get the chance. More than I can say for our speedy import receivers who continue to disappoint game after game after game. 

I think he's saying Walker and Williams would do better, and he's right. 

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That's hogwash.  To have one guy as good at both placekicking and punting is extremely rare.  There are better punters, but they don't placekick.  There are a couple placekickers in his realm but they don't punt.  He's definitely worth one of four DI spots considering most teams are using 2 roster spots and more cap space on kickers, at least the teams with good kickers.

I don't care what other teams are doing, the Bombers got caught with their pants down on the injury front and ended up finishing the most important game of the season with 8 or 9 nationals on the field, that's a coaching/ratio fail plain and simple and what I have been harping on for the past 2 years now. It finally bit them in the ass at the most crucial time too. 

6 minutes ago, TheSource said:

Thank you.

You nailed it.

You can definitely argue that letting JFG go and then switching to an all-possession receiver NI receiving corps was a huge mistake.

None of the Cdn talent they brought in is any better than JFG, as evident by the stats.

Do you seriously believe that? Wolitarsky has done more in half a season than JFG did in his entire time with the team.  

Both woli and peterman will be better than jfg if not already there. 

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Petermann on the nfl combine field would have lit it up and been drafted late or priority signed. Simonise was on an NFL team that wanted him back. And wolo is essentially just an IMP with a ben cahoon level canada connection. This is far from the jamie stoddard days of NI WR talent. I mean Demski is one of if not our best YAC receivers. 

37 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Wolitarsky and Demski are good players, and I believe that Simonise could be a very good player if given the opportunity. 

I’m not sure how a passport has any bearing on who’s a better football player. I would personally much rather see Simonise on the field than Corey Washington.

according to CFL stats

Washington thrown to 12 times, caught 5 

Simonise thrown to 3 times caught 3.

D Adams thrown to 8o times caught 41.

Demski 61 caught 43

wolitarski 30 catches 43 attempts

Nichols has 12 int and 11 touchdowns. 

Edited by Mark F

We should try and poach this scout, lol. 

I spoke with a West Division scout this week about the Bombers’ receiving corps and his comments didn’t surprise me.

“I like their Canadians — Petermann a lot. Simonise, too. Darvin’s good, but I really don’t like any of their other Americans. I wouldn’t take any of them. Not interested.”

Well, then.

http://3downnation.com/2018/09/09/nichols-throws-away-banjo-bowl-nine-thoughts/