Matt Nichols -BOO!!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I'm a former hard ass too.  I still a little football back and forth though. The German kicks in and I am usually game for a 3 or 4 day argument, even when I may be wrong.  After all, a German is never wrong, lol.

Lol..guess that's why we battle...I got a whack of Italian in me haha

11 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Rididiculous, even if his performance suffered through the rest of the season and they decided to go with Strev. next season, Nichols would still retain considerable trade value even in a backup role.

if he continues on the current trajectory, there will be ZERO trade value.  Why would a team give up anything when they know a guy is about to get cut??

13 hours ago, pigseye said:

Just out of curiosity, do you have a bone to pick with Walters? 

I am just extremely frustrated with the inertia that the organization has shown ever since the Cal Murphy era.

Not just Walters, but there has been a long history of coaches and GMs since his time that don't seem to make any adjustments to go from bad/average to good/excellent. OShea is not one to make changes, but if you think back to guys like LapPo, Burke, Daley, or even Berry, all of them were very slow to make changes and fed the fans the same lines like "we had a good parctice", "we are watching the film", "we just need to make a few plays", etc, etc.

I just don't want to see guys like Walters anymore, who is mediocre at best, running the show. Would rather fail spectacularly while taking chances to be great rather than turtle and just accept permanent mediocrity. My thoughts are that if the organization had the desire to be great they already would have done what is necessary. Going this long without is not coincidental. I don't think the current organization has been built to be all-in for winning it all.

7 minutes ago, TheSource said:

My thoughts are that if the organization had the desire to be great they already would have done what is necessary. Going this long without is not coincidental. I don't think the current organization has been built to be all-in for winning it all.

Do you honestly believe what you just wrote??  That the organizations is fine with losing and has no intentions of trying to win a Grey Cup??  Sure, maybe there's a few personnel moves that have been questionable, people held on to for too long... but to think that everyone involved doesn't ultimately share a goal of bringing a championship back to Winnipeg, you're sorely mistaken.  Wade Miller was a part of a Bomber team that ALMOST got there... you don't think he wants to be a part of the team that finally gets the job done!??  Lyle Bauer, Brendan Taman... these guys wanted to win, they just never got across the finish line here.  Both went on to win in their next job.

Edited by trueBlue83

1 minute ago, trueBlue83 said:

Do you honestly believe what you just wrote??  That the organizations is fine with losing and has no intentions of trying to win a Grey Cup??  Sure, maybe there's a few personnel moves that have been questionable, people held on to for too long... but to think that everyone involved doesn't ultimately share a goal of bringing a championship back to Winnipeg, you're sorely mistaken.  Wade Miller was a part of a Bomber team that ALMOST got there... you don't think he wants to be a part of the team that finally gets the job done!??

I can see your point, but unfortunately I do feel this way about Wade and the BOD. I think Wade is a business man first, and the Bombers are a government run business, controlled by a government appointed board not, a private owner.

Win at all costs, including bending the rules, is tied to the ego of a private owner many times. A dispassionate government appointed board will not take those chances, or put winning ahead of other government and fiscal responsibilities. Not sure you can win anymore in the CFL without being all-in, and I dont think the BOD would ever agree to let Miller or anyone else make the moves necessary to be all-in.

6 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

Do you honestly believe what you just wrote??  That the organizations is fine with losing and has no intentions of trying to win a Grey Cup??  Sure, maybe there's a few personnel moves that have been questionable, people held on to for too long... but to think that everyone involved doesn't ultimately share a goal of bringing a championship back to Winnipeg, you're sorely mistaken.  Wade Miller was a part of a Bomber team that ALMOST got there... you don't think he wants to be a part of the team that finally gets the job done!??  Lyle Bauer, Brendan Taman... these guys wanted to win, they just never got across the finish line here.  Both went on to win in their next job.

It's just part of the same old "I'm going to **** on the current bombers organization for the past 30 years" bs. Anyone who thinks this way is a) not seeing reality.  And b) misrepresenting the success the bombers have had over that course, yes yes yes. I know. No GC which is the only thing that matters. But it hasnt been 30 years of 2-16 teams.

9 minutes ago, TheSource said:

I can see your point, but unfortunately I do feel this way about Wade and the BOD. I think Wade is a business man first, and the Bombers are a government run business, controlled by a government appointed board not, a private owner.

Win at all costs, including bending the rules, is tied to the ego of a private owner many times. A dispassionate government appointed board will not take those chances, or put winning ahead of other government and fiscal responsibilities. Not sure you can win anymore in the CFL without being all-in, and I dont think the BOD would ever agree to let Miller or anyone else make the moves necessary to be all-in.

So essentially you're advocating cheating as a solution? 

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Its not a black and white situation.

Pro sports orgs that win do what it takes to wiin, and that is not always rainbows and unicorns.

"If you aint cheatin, you ain tryin" are the words that come to mind, of course, anything blatant or excessive is always bad.

I just hope the fans are fair to Nichols today. We don’t need the boo birds to start chirping if he struggles at the beginning of the game. It won’t do anything to help his game.  

He needs our support because it sounds like they’ll be a large contingent of rider fans at the game. Who I assume will not be kind to him. 

19 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I just hope the fans are fair to Nichols today. We don’t need the boo birds to start chirping if he struggles at the beginning of the game. It won’t do anything to help his game.  

He needs our support because it sounds like they’ll be a large contingent of rider fans at the game. Who I assume will not be kind to him. 

Dont expect it. If not the bomber fans the rider douchenozzles will make their voices heard.

27 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

nope.... I've watched almost a year now of mediocre football from him, and I'm not going to cheer mediocrity.  Either he steps up, or please sit down and get out of the way.... this team still has potential to do great things. Unfortunately for him, he may have to watch it from the sidelines.

2 and outs shall not be cheered with 'ah shucks, get em' next time Matt!'

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Look at the New England Patriots. They'll do anything to win, including cheat (deflategate). 

48 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I never said you need to cheer him. Just don’t need to get on him too early in the game. If he plays a crappy game and it’s in the 2nd quarter. By all means. Fill your boots.

So, wait until it's 0-27. I don't think so.

48 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I never said you need to cheer him. Just don’t need to get on him too early in the game. If he plays a crappy game and it’s in the 2nd quarter. By all means. Fill your boots.

If he plays a crappy game and its in the second quarter then it is a quarter and 1/2 much too late. Time to either put up and show you can take this team to the next level or exit - stage left!

1 hour ago, TheSource said:

Its not a black and white situation.

Pro sports orgs that win do what it takes to wiin, and that is not always rainbows and unicorns.

"If you aint cheatin, you ain tryin" are the words that come to mind, of course, anything blatant or excessive is always bad.

Try that on your tax return. Try it crossing the border at U.S. Customs. 

Cheating at football, is that what the kids need to learn? 

3 hours ago, TheSource said:

Here is a rundown of how BB board of directors is constituted and how members are appointed. https://www.bluebombers.com/board-of-directors/

If you mean that a board can't move as nimbly as a single private owner then that is true. But they can fire Wade anytime. Would firing Wade demonstrate the club is all-in? What moves would be necessary to demonstrate all-in?

5 hours ago, TheSource said:

I am just extremely frustrated with the inertia that the organization has shown ever since the Cal Murphy era.

Not just Walters, but there has been a long history of coaches and GMs since his time that don't seem to make any adjustments to go from bad/average to good/excellent. OShea is not one to make changes, but if you think back to guys like LapPo, Burke, Daley, or even Berry, all of them were very slow to make changes and fed the fans the same lines like "we had a good parctice", "we are watching the film", "we just need to make a few plays", etc, etc.

I just don't want to see guys like Walters anymore, who is mediocre at best, running the show. Would rather fail spectacularly while taking chances to be great rather than turtle and just accept permanent mediocrity. My thoughts are that if the organization had the desire to be great they already would have done what is necessary. Going this long without is not coincidental. I don't think the current organization has been built to be all-in for winning it all.

A loss is a loss whether it's meek or going down in flames. In the end they both suck. 

1 hour ago, Doublezero said:

Here is a rundown of how BB board of directors is constituted and how members are appointed. https://www.bluebombers.com/board-of-directors/

If you mean that a board can't move as nimbly as a single private owner then that is true. But they can fire Wade anytime. Would firing Wade demonstrate the club is all-in? What moves would be necessary to demonstrate all-in?

Not by firing Miller. But MOS if the losing continues. 

5 hours ago, TheSource said:

Anonymous thoughts from CFL general managers and coaches

I wouldn’t want to be around Wade Miller if the Bombers lose on Saturday. He’s a guy who loves the Bombers, wants to win a championship and when he isn’t happy everyone (bleeping) knows it. Heads are going to roll over there if things don’t change fast. Wade’s not going to put up with bull(bleep) excuses …