Next Game vs Hamilton - Revenge Is In Order

6 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Not to worry.  The narrative will change when we beat them.  Then it will be: "Sure we beat the Ti-Cats, but they aren't very good.  Wait till next game.  That will be the real test."  And on it goes.

Not necessarily, it's more that if a supposed 180 is done with performance, we don't want to get excited before the proof is in the pudding.

If we beat Hamilton with our defense getting stingy and not needing our offense to bail em out with a shootout football game, we will all be optimistic about the direction of our defense.  If we lose though or if we win a last year MTL 41-40 type game against them, that will keep the heat on all responsible parties.

It's a week-by-week thing though, week-by-week.

3 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Not necessarily, it's more that if a supposed 180 is done with performance, we don't want to get excited before the proof is in the pudding.

If we beat Hamilton with our defense getting stingy and not needing our offense to bail em out with a shootout football game, we will all be optimistic about the direction of our defense.  If we lose though or if we win a last year MTL 41-40 type game against them, that will keep the heat on all responsible parties.

It's a week-by-week thing though, week-by-week.

Hate to burst your bubble, but there is no "heat on all responsible parties".  Most thinking people recognize the direction this team is heading.  Others have an agenda.  And a 41-40 win is worth the same number of points in the standings as a 100-0 victory.  

19 hours ago, do or die said:

Masoli has a track record of getting a big shaky, if you can pressure him real early.....

I've never really liked this "analysis" of a QB... bceause this really applies to every QB... get pressure on them and they can't play their game... look at the history of the Pats losing big playof games with Brady at QB and I guarantee the common denominator in those games is the other team getting to Brady...

23 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Are they though? They did lose back to back to the Riders and their record is nothing to really brag about. 

Three of our four wins are against Toronto & Montreal. I would say it's a resounding yes that they're better than both of those teams. BC, with Lulay, is a much closer comparison.

48 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Hmm now that Legget's healthy why not let him stay at SAM and play Fenner at HB?

I am not sure there is much difference as the players shift around. I think I have seen a halfback blitz combined with a D lineman drop back to cover the running back downfield. Football is way more complex now than when I was a lad. 

Coming off the bye week I'm worried we may be a bit flat to start. I'm hoping for a strong defensive game for sure. Heard yesterday on 1290 that the D has only given up more than 20 points twice this year?? If I've got that right that's pretty good imo.

3 hours ago, ddanger said:

Coming off the bye week I'm worried we may be a bit flat to start. I'm hoping for a strong defensive game for sure. Heard yesterday on 1290 that the D has only given up more than 20 points twice this year?? If I've got that right that's pretty good imo.

If memory serves, the Bombers have not played well coming off a bye week. Here's hoping.

1 hour ago, ddanger said:

Technically true - but they also surrendered exactly 20 points in two games... so that stat is a little misleading. Also, they managed to lose one of those two games.

28 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If memory serves, the Bombers have not played well coming off a bye week. Here's hoping.

Almost..

-from tomorrow’s game notes..

- Bombers Off a Bye Week: Since 2014 and the return of the CFL to a nine-team league, the Blue Bombers have had 7 games coming off a bye week and are 3-4 under Coach O'Shea. However, after going 0-3 in post-bye games in 2014-15, they have since gone 3-1 in their last 4 outings. They were the last team to get a bye in the 2018 CFL schedule.

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

I've never really liked this "analysis" of a QB... bceause this really applies to every QB... get pressure on them and they can't play their game... look at the history of the Pats losing big playof games with Brady at QB and I guarantee the common denominator in those games is the other team getting to Brady...

Get what you are saying.....you never want to let guys get into their groove, no matter who they are.   But am basing this observation, somewhat on personalty/and or mental toughness to respond to things not going their way, early.   For instance, you can knock Reilly around early, but he will not change his approach.  In contrast Jennings struggles, when you get to him early.   Some guys do have a track record, one way or another.  

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

Get what you are saying.....you never want to let guys get into their groove, no matter who they are.   But am basing this observation, somewhat on personalty/and or mental toughness to respond to things not going their way, early.   For instance, you can knock Reilly around early, but he will not change his approach.  In contrast Jennings struggles, when you get to him early.   Some guys do have a track record, one way or another.  

I would also add it really shows what kind of team player they are. Is it 'palms up arms up, wtf' or 'we'll get the next one'.

On 2018-08-08 at 7:45 PM, WBBFanWest said:

Hate to burst your bubble, but there is no "heat on all responsible parties".  Most thinking people recognize the direction this team is heading.  Others have an agenda.  And a 41-40 win is worth the same number of points in the standings as a 100-0 victory.  

That may be, but it proves Richie Hall can't do anything without the offense bailing his butt out.

Hopefully his defense does its job tonight and that won't have to be continued.

Just now, USABomberfan said:

That may be, but it proves Richie Hall can't do anything without the offense bailing his butt out.

Hopefully his defense does its job tonight and that won't have to be continued.

You do know that this is a team sport, right?  There is no "one side bails the other out" as much as there's a "all three phases do what they need to do".  Can I ask how long ago it was that Richie Hall ran over your dog?  I'm guessing that you're still not quite over it.

Just now, WBBFanWest said:

You do know that this is a team sport, right?  There is no "one side bails the other out" as much as there's a "all three phases do what they need to do".  Can I ask how long ago it was that Richie Hall ran over your dog?  I'm guessing that you're still not quite over it.

1. Of course there is

2. You should ask yourself what you were doing asleep as Richie Hall choked away two playoff games.