From Bye to Bye

BigBlue

Our schedule from this bye to our week 14 bye is:

Hamilton, Ottawa, Calgary, then Regina twice

What do you think our record will be by then?

Could we be 8 & 4 by then, sailing high, feeling good, maybe too good?

Can we beat Calgary?

Will we get revenge on Hamilton?

Will we finally crush Ottawa?

And most importantly of all, can we sweep Regina?

58 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Our schedule from this bye to our week 14 bye is:

Hamilton, Ottawa, Calgary, then Regina twice

What do you think our record will be by then?

No worse that 4 - 8.   No better than 9-3.  That I guarantee!

Could we be 8 & 4 by then, sailing high, feeling good, maybe too good?

Yes

Can we beat Calgary?

Yes

Will we get revenge on Hamilton?

Maybe

Will we finally crush Ottawa?

Maybe

And most importantly of all, can we sweep Regina?

Maybe

Edited by WBBFanWest

I think they can beat the Ti-Cats, Ottawa and sweep the Riders but they should not raise eyebrows by beating the Stamps just yet.  It looks like the game in week 20 will again be meaningless for the Stamps, so the Bombers probably take that one easily against backups.  I have this fear that if they sweep the Stamps during the regular season they will be better prepared for the challenge and defeat the Bombers in the playoffs. 

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

11 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think they can beat the Ti-Cats, Ottawa and sweep the Riders but they should not raise eyebrows by beating the Stamps just yet.  It looks like the game in week 20 will again be meaningless for the Stamps, so the Bombers probably take that one easily against backups.  I have this fear that if they sweep the Stamps during the regular season they will be better prepared for the challenge and defeat the Bombers in the playoffs. 

The problem with this is that the road to the Grey Cup almost inevitably goes through Calgary, and if the Bombers cannot beat the Stamps, another good season will be another non-championship season.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

The problem with this is that the road to the Grey Cup almost inevitably goes through Calgary, and if the Bombers cannot beat the Stamps, another good season will be another non-championship season.

which is how we existed from 1979 - 1983 before the Edmonton juggernaut finally started to fail.  Calgary is just always good, not sure why they always are the gold standard every year.  Time for someone else to take the mantle for awhile.

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

which is how we existed from 1979 - 1983 before the Edmonton juggernaut finally started to fail.  Calgary is just always good, not sure why they always are the gold standard every year.  Time for someone else to take the mantle for awhile.

The answer as to why the Stamps have been so good for so long is simple: Hufnagle, Bo Levi Mitchell and their scouting staff. We are almost there but have to prove it.

1 hour ago, MC said:

3 - 2 seems reasonable.  Would like to have a better record, but then you consider the competition to date and we are barely over .500.

Not one to use excuses..or ya buts..but...realistically if we started the season with Nichols healthy I have no problems saying this team would be 6-1 at worst..possibly even 7-0...

We are a better team than our 4-3 record indicates and believe me...teams know it