Als About To Drop Willy & Matthews? Manziel Now An Al

To be fair this game probably was about as good as one could expect from the Als.  Might be a low expectation but that team is just far too superior to them to expect a win and to only give up 25 points with their D constantly being on the field really is not bad.

I'd also say

1. Start Schiltz your next game

Sure he stared down a receiver a few times and had his difficulties, but his lack of experience plus lack of a good OL, lack of sufficient weapons and going up against the most elite defense in CFL history practically guaranteed he had no chance of winning this game anyway.  He's better than Willy and Matthews both, neither of which could have thrown that TD pass.  Since this 2013 Bomber replica team has to be blown up eventually and drop Willy and Matthews like dead weights, Schiltz and probably Adams need to get their time in.

2. I think Mike Sherman may be getting fired soon

Reason I think this is because I just don't see many coaches even when losing willing to go for it on 3rd down deep in their own territory.  I know he knew he'd probably need to take a few risks tonight to have a shot, but that kind of desperate call tells me he's gotta be feeling the heat already.

15 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

To be fair this game probably was about as good as one could expect from the Als.  Might be a low expectation but that team is just far too superior to them to expect a win and to only give up 25 points with their D constantly being on the field really is not bad.

I'd also say

1. Start Schiltz your next game

Sure he stared down a receiver a few times and had his difficulties, but his lack of experience plus lack of a good OL, lack of sufficient weapons and going up against the most elite defense in CFL history practically guaranteed he had no chance of winning this game anyway.  He's better than Willy and Matthews both, neither of which could have thrown that TD pass.  Since this 2013 Bomber replica team has to be blown up eventually and drop Willy and Matthews like dead weights, Schiltz and probably Adams need to get their time in.

2. I think Mike Sherman may be getting fired soon

Reason I think this is because I just don't see many coaches even when losing willing to go for it on 3rd down deep in their own territory.  I know he knew he'd probably need to take a few risks tonight to have a shot, but that kind of desperate call tells me he's gotta be feeling the heat already.

If Montreal doesn’t at least give Sherman the season they won’t be able to hire anyone on the reasonable side of Tom Higgins to be their next head coach.  This franchise would be going full on Ottawa Rough Riders of the 90s.