Battle of Underperformers: Blue vs Double Blue in Doubleheader

BigBlue

44 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

I would like to see less trick plays and more smash mouth football ... as in the running game set up the passing game ... we seen to be too far away from the basics ... we have the best running  back since Charles Roberts + a good oline + receivers who can block ... is this lapo or mos that is taking us away from the fundamentals?

plop has always had a tendency to out smart him self. We should run a lot more play action. And he has to be smarter with his selection of when he gets tricky. Calling qb off tackle out side of field goal range is a great idea rather then up the gut. Inside the 2 its not. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

plop has always had a tendency to out smart him self. We should run a lot more play action. And he has to be smarter with his selection of when he gets tricky. Calling qb off tackle out side of field goal range is a great idea rather then up the gut. Inside the 2 its not. 

Sounds like you know more about being an offensive coordinator than La Police...you should apply

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

. Calling qb off tackle out side of field goal range is a great idea rather then up the gut. Inside the 2 its not. 

Do we know that was lapo and not the qb taking it upon himself? If we are talking about streveler I have no doubt he just got greedy because that outside run has worked for him before and after being stopped at the goal line he wanted a td.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Do we know that was lapo and not the qb taking it upon himself? If we are talking about streveler I have no doubt he just got greedy because that outside run has worked for him before and after being stopped at the goal line he wanted a td.

it was clearly the call from the line shift and instantly pulling, especially since we had been running it soo much. His play and actions havent been greedy at all thus far so thats a pretty far leap imo. 

52 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What the cuss?

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Agreed Streveler's career progression has stalled out and he's desperate to reignite it.

9 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Agreed Streveler's career progression has stalled out and he's desperate to reignite it.

And as we all know, the best way to make a name for yourself and insure more playing time is to deviate from the plan and show the coaches that you really don't need their opinion.  Coaches love that!

4 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming

Winnipeg's DBs are banged-up. The #Bombers have now signed three defensive backs over the past eight days, as International Chris Humes was brought back today. Humes was cut out of camp in early June.

Looks like Alexander will be available.

Chris Randle is good to go for Saturday 

- as per Bob Irving on Twitter 

21 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Yes we do. If you watch the play, the entire line pulls to the right. It was clearly a designed run to the outside.

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming

Winnipeg's DBs are banged-up. The #Bombers have now signed three defensive backs over the past eight days, as International Chris Humes was brought back today. Humes was cut out of camp in early June.

Looks like Alexander will be available.

Walters, sign some receivers too, okay?