Game Day Thread- Week Three: Winnipeg @ Hamilton June 29, 2018

wpg-vs-ham.jpg

WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS (1-1) at HAMILTON TIGER-CATS (1-1)

Kickoff: 6 p.m. CT Friday; Tim Hortons Field, Hamilton
TV: TSN, RDS, ESPN2
Radio: CJOB
Vegas line: The Ticats are favoured by 4 1/2 points.

Coming off a shellacking of the lowly Als, the Bombers face a tough test against the very potent offence of June Jones piloted by the OG J.M. and a defensive scheme drawn up by Jerry Glanville, overseen by Orlondo Steinauer.  

How will Hall's defense fare? More Mtl and less Eskies, or more of what we've seen these past few years? 

Are Coach Lapo and "The Strevelation"  going to continue their stellar progression or will we see things come back to Earth? What ever the outcome- this promises to be a great game! 

Depth-at-Hamilton-11-1600x1102.jpg

DgydD2kUcAAraio.jpg

GO BLUE!!

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

The media seems focused on Mazoli throwing his 8th  straight 300+ yard passing stat ... don't think the Bombers sitting in their locker room haven't been listening and talking about it ... they just might have something to prove on both sides of the ball

Leggett is replacing Gaitor and both Sayles and Cooper look like they are dressing ... what do you think:     will they play their hearts out to make an impression ... and what about Roh: he sat last week in favor to Bryant - - do you think he will have his engine reved up?

Has Ritchie gotten his point across to his front seven to stay in their lanes - - will they want to redeem themselves given what happened to them with that greased pig Reilly - - Ritchie must be pteaching Masoli is no less slippery?

Streveler says all the right things but don't you believe he is thinking about being ranked well below Masoli and even behind a non performing Ricky Ray?

Harris is sure to be loaded for bear and has at times carried the team on his back but with the receivers we have is he going to have to?

Neufeld likely feels he needs to prove himself with everyone talking about Couture. Do we have the best O-Line in the league? We are going to find out

...  Further Streveler is an improviser that will put huge pressure on Hammy's LBers who will have to continuously decide whether to stay with their cover or creep up to stop our own greased pig.

The Bombers have been rated the underdogs for this outing .... I like that bet

Hammy has a better defense than the Bombers have faced so far and a good to very good offence. Should be a good measuring stick for Streveler and for the Hall/O'Shea defense.

The Mazoli story is a good one. I'd rather they talk about that than Manziel. I also expect to hear a bunch about our rookie QB.

I doubt that Streveler cares where the media ranks him. He's got way more on his mind right now and 2 games don't get you any respect. If he keeps playing the way he has, he'll move up the charts.

Looking forward to tonight's game. Nice not to have that gloom and doom feeling going into games anymore.

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

You had doom and gloom with the team last year???

Win or lose he'll be here making doom and gloom posts after the game. I was foolishly reading the comments on a CFL Facebook page power ranking post the other week, and who shows up in the comments but old T.Burgess, complaining the Bombers were ranked too highly...

5 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Leggett is replacing Gaitor and both Sayles and Cooper look like they are dressing ... what do you think:     will they play their hearts out to make an impression ... and what about Roh: he sat last week in favor to Bryant - - do you think he will have his engine reved up?

I'm guessing one of those two is a scratch along with Foketi...

43 minutes ago, yogi said:

Win or lose he'll be here making doom and gloom posts after the game. I was foolishly reading the comments on a CFL Facebook page power ranking post the other week, and who shows up in the comments but old T.Burgess, complaining the Bombers were ranked too highly...

Good ol' Tburg- he's the Tiger Mom of CFL fans. Please, never change.

1 hour ago, yogi said:

That's BS. 

Two things I want to see tonight:

1.  I hope Streveler will start to hook slide vs. go head first in to the tackle.  I know that's his style but damn he needs to protect himself.

2.  Can Richie Hall call a game that will limit Hammies passing to under 300 yds?  I love our offence and it could get us far but you need to have your defence win you a couple of games a year.  

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Don Unamba is playing SAM for the Tabbies.  Big night for slot receivers?

I hope Lapo keeps things unpredictable and keeps using a ton of misdirection.  Got a lot of weapons including Streveler’s legs.

Wow. How is Unamba still around... let alone starting? Craziness..

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

Two things I want to see tonight:

1.  I hope Streveler will start to hook slide vs. go head first in to the tackle.  I know that's his style but damn he needs to protect himself.

2.  Can Richie Hall call a game that will limit Hammies passing to under 300 yds?  I love our offence and it could get us far but you need to have your defence win you a couple of games a year.  

This is big for me.

When I look at our defense I see so much talent there and I'm not convinced their being put in the best position to succeed. My one hope is that they get after Masoli early and often and *do not* relent at any point in the game. Don't go away from what was working well .. don't 'protect a lead' .. come out with attitude and go wire to wire.

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

That's saying BC was ranked too low after week 1, not that the Bombers and Ottawa were ranked too high. It certainly not doom and gloom and it's not specifically about the Bombers. 

it's quite clearly saying that they were though if you are saying BC should be higher. 

49 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Cause he's a good player and always has been, maybe watch him actually play the game instead of spouting the groupthink line.

giphy.webp

Lol K den.

I've watched him in all of his stops since leaving here.. has been underwhelming to say the least but mediocre DBs playing sam is your jam...