Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

53 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

It’s official:

I put a lot of Jones criticism on this board to Springfield / Shelbyville kinda stuff - Jones makes a great heel because he's an ******* who is good at his job and gets a lot out of his players.  I even thought the RRs signing Hurl made sense -- he's your backup for your stud ratio-breaker who can get you through a game in case your big guy goes down, and then you rejigger your ratio the following week.

This, though -- this is shitting-the-bed-with-the-lights-on stupid. Replacing a guy who at his best, is a Harris / Singleton class ratio breaker with an RB on the wrong side of 30 who's been straight up cut a bunch of times and an LB who is a step too slow to play the position full-time....I just don't get it. 

Bond is a catch, but if they needed to cut Muamba to afford him, they're robbing Peter, spending his money on a new garage full of jet-skis, and then promising Paul they'll pay him next week.

Edited by johnzo

1 minute ago, johnzo said:

I put a lot of Jones criticism on this board to Springfield / Shelbyville kinda stuff - Jones makes a great heel because he's an ******* who is good at his job and gets a lot out of his players.  I even thought the RRs signing Hurl made sense -- he's your backup for your stud ratio-breaker who can get you through a game in case your big guy goes down, and then you rejigger your ratio the following week.

This, though -- this is shitting-the-bed-with-the-lights-on stupid. Replacing a guy who, at this best, is a Harris / Singleton class ratio breaker with an RB on the wrong side of 30 who's been straight up cut a bunch of times and an LB who is a step too slow to play the position full-time....I just don't get it.  Bond is a catch, but if they needed to cut Muamba to afford him, they're robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Ok, I gotta ask:  If you're shitting the bed, why would the lights being on or off make a difference? 

"Whoa, I just **** the bed!"  "Were the lights on?"  "No"  "Oh, ok, it's alright then."

But on the rider board they said Bond costs just over league minimum..hahaha

And Walter was the leak to the league about Henoc being shipped and asked to take a pay cut.. Just so he would be untradeable for the riders..and would get released..that was reason we weren't all over woods or reed...man those losers make me laugh

3 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Ok, I gotta ask:  If you're shitting the bed, why would the lights being on or off make a difference? 

"Whoa, I just **** the bed!"  "Were the lights on?"  "No"  "Oh, ok, it's alright then."

Lights off gives you some deniability, I think.  Lights on is like "Hold my beer!" type stupidity. 

Edited by johnzo