Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

1 minute ago, JCon said:

He got another contract. I would say the hardest part is behind him already.

Next challenge is staying on the roster past TC.

Well, given all of the NFL washouts on that roster he may be the starting QB. 

Wouldn't Montreal kill to have Kevin Glenn, Brandon Bridge, or Vernon Adams right now? I don’t understand why they didn’t make a play for any of the available Quarterbacks.

I'll be honest with you guys...I was kind of moping a bit today with how Walters not doing anything, and our former players signing on with other teams. Then I see how much Montreal reportedly paid for Busterman and I just go "Nope....Walters is right.....stand pat...." Like Jeff Hamilton said in the FreeP: "Sometimes, it's about the moves you DON'T make..."

18 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Campbell's deal doesn’t seem bad. He was rumoured to be close to a deal with Calgary at the same price. 

Jake Harty is also making slightly less than we paid Demski. It’s still an overpay, but if he’s going to be a starting Canadian it’s not a horrible deal. 

150 for an American  corner on the wrong side of 30?? No thanks

25 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Reportedly $120K base with $11K in incentives.

funny thing that on the rider site they figure thats okay because the signing of Bond off-sets that cause he most likely signed there at just over league minimum hahahahaha

man those fans really have no clue of things

Posted on February 14, 2018 by Justin Dunk // 0 Comments

After a number of high-profile personnel moves, the Saskatchewan Roughriders are asking Canadian linebacker Henoc Muamba to take a pay cut, per sources.

Muamba is due a $35,000 roster bonus on Feb. 15 – that’s tomorrow – as part of the final season of the three-year deal Muamba signed at the tail end of the 2016 schedule.

As part of that agreement, Muamba has already been paid a $35,000 off-season bonus in January and he’s due another $15,000 if he plays in Week 1. That takes Muamba’s salary up to $193,000 in “hard money” with playtime incentives that could push the compensation to $220,000 if he plays 15 games ($9,000 for each five-game segment played).

The Riders have also been shopping Muamba on the trade market, according to sources.

Would you trade a 1st round pick for him?

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Elimimian making $200k per season...  hard to believe that Muamba would be far off from that

Woods or Reed probably $150-160k?

I'm leaning to Greg Jones - see if he's still got it

Hoping the Stamps sign him or?? Bombers cuz Walters last week said they likely wont be looking to sign a FA for that spot