Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

25 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Fans were asked how things went today 

Image result for Crying roughrider fans

Players' reaction:

James_Patrick_GC2009_15221.jpg

I once had an animated gif of Lapo smashing his headset during the fun part of the -2010- 2009 Grey Cup ... wish I could find that, I could use it today.

Edited by johnzo

I say that if we want to sign Muamba we have the trump card, where else is a better place to stick it to Jones than here? Can you imagine if all the Rider NI depth from last year is here playing well as the Bombers see post season success while the Riders do their usual craptacular season? The very thought of it warms my heart. 

Just had a boo at the Riderfans website, and the mood there is overwhelmingly "WTF"? There are still a few fans there that would not speak ill of Jones even if he torched the Vatican and the Parliament buildings on the same day, but the most galling thing for most is the payout Muamba got in January which is $35,000 flushed down the toilet and out of the salary cap.

19 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

O'Day probably spent too much of his formative time as a CFL AGM with Taman.   Bet they have a bunch of money deferred into this season from the big signings they had in 16 and 17.  That plus adding money at QB and DL has them in trouble.

It sounds like they need to shed more salary too. Crazy.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:56 PM, Noeller said:

It sincerely worries me that we can't. I really feel like people massively underrate how automatic Fever was last year. I know it's a little thing, but seriously, the guy was damn good... 

Not enough reason to keep him on the roster. He can't actually play qb in a game situation. He would take up a developmental spot so he had to go.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Henoc would be wise to remember what CFL team drafted him & we're the only team treated him really well when he played here. 

I've been curious ever since this Henoc stuff broke, about your thoughts... Yiu were very vocally angry at Henoc and his agent over the whole tour thing..

Just now, Noeller said:

I've been curious ever since this Henoc stuff broke, about your thoughts... Yiu were very vocally angry at Henoc and his agent over the whole tour thing..

I was. I think a lot were.  Since then, he's been lied to &  cut twice & I think that arrogant  chip he was carrying has been knocked off his shoulder. I'd welcome him now. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Trust.  If your boss fired you then a year later offered you another job would you trust him to never do it again?

Actually, I did that once. It took an apology plus and extra $12,000 per annum.  In retrospect, it was a mistake and my supervisor turned out to be a predator, so I quit again, even after he was fired.