Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't want Henoc for just one year (tho that seems to be the trend...) but if we got a couple years, I'd pay him pretty much whatever he wants. I, too, think he's a missing link to our D looking legit this year....

I'll prob get rightfully roasted for this....but even if we give up a pick for him AND he leaves after a year.... we win a Cup and it's all worth it. 

It's GC or bust right now. 

Dunk:

As part of that agreement, Muamba has already been paid a $35,000 off-season bonus in January and he’s due another $15,000 if he plays in Week 1. That takes Muamba’s salary up to $193,000 in “hard money” with playtime incentives that could push the compensation to $220,000 if he plays 15 games ($9,000 for each five-game segment played).

So if we traded a draft pick and signed him tomorrow, it would cost us at most 185K for the season. Sounds good to me.

I’ll even get over losing Bond if we sign Muamba (but in a sad twist of fate, Muamba would allow us to still start an American guard. ) But, Flanders could stay as a starting receiver over the likes of Coates if we have a second NI on D. I like it a lot.

A good Canadian MLB would fill two huge needs at once. I really hope we can get him. 

Edited by Blueandgold