Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

I may be biased, but I stand by the Bombers on this one. It's a business, and the Bombers can't wait around forever for you to make your decision. The Bombers can't just sit around twiddling their thumbs waiting for Henoc to make a decision. If he signed here, the Bombers probably would have had to release someone to make room under the cap. Maybe some of the players the Bombers were planning to move were due bonuses, which could make this more complicated. The scouting staff needs to know if they are bringing in INT LBs. It's not like the money they were offering is league min and can easily be worked out under the cap, it was pretty significant amount that requires planning for a contending team.

Montreal was patient, or the only ones left???

1 hour ago, Dr. Blue said:

I may be biased, but I stand by the Bombers on this one. It's a business, and the Bombers can't wait around forever for you to make your decision. The Bombers can't just sit around twiddling their thumbs waiting for Henoc to make a decision. If he signed here, the Bombers probably would have had to release someone to make room under the cap. Maybe some of the players the Bombers were planning to move were due bonuses, which could make this more complicated. The scouting staff needs to know if they are bringing in INT LBs. It's not like the money they were offering is league min and can easily be worked out under the cap, it was pretty significant amount that requires planning for a contending team.

Montreal was patient, or the only ones left???

His attitude is absolute ******* garbage.

Enjoy the gong show in la belle province, Henoc.

13 minutes ago, tracker said:

I counted 9 cops. I wonder if the original charge was "walking while black".  Detaining a black/latino/asian on a pretext and then charging them with resisting arrest is a very common practice down in the USofA. If they happen to find any contraband, that is a bonus.

I think he was sitting in an idling car. 

Not sure what led up to the police being involved. Maybe he had a Starbucks? 

Even though Muamba seems like an idiot, I probably would have taken him for 185. I assumed he would be looking for something in that 225 range. The first few years here the management has been too focused on bringing in a bunch of choir boys and MLB is our one glaring weakness on the team.  It would've been nice to have a known commodity, but it is what it is

Edited by Dr Zaius

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:
ALL TEAMS UNDER CFL SALARY CAP IN 2017 - https://www.cfl.ca/2018/04/20/teams-cfl-salary-cap-2017/

Didn't everyone tell me that the Riders couldn't possibly be under the cap this year? :D

But of course the Riders will always be under the cap year in and year out. A good accountant will win you a few games! :)

2 hours ago, Zontar said:

Riders, the most needy, insecure fanbase in the league bragging about being under the cap.  Seriously? Is there anything about the team that doesnt deserve unsolicited  self -praise? Anything?

The SK fans won’t argue when you point out that Regina is dump.