Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

Riders cut WR Blaszco, RB Augustine and WR/KR Ford 

Blaszco was traded by Bombers to Riders for a 2018 conditional draft choice - possibly that pick is gone now. 

We already have LaFrance, but I'll take the honor of asking - any interest on Augustine?  :)

Edited by M.O.A.B.

27 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Riders cut WR Blaszco, RB Augustine and WR/KR Ford 

Blaszco was traded by Bombers to Riders for a 2018 conditional draft choice - possibly that pick is gone now. 

We already have LaFrance, but I'll take the honor of asking - any interest on Augustine?  :)

Why? 

Maybe this is the year that Neufeld actually plays and doesn't get injured.  IIRC it would be the first time in his 7 going on 8 years in the league that's happened, so history isn't on his side.  BTW: Playing 6 games isn't anywhere near playing the full 18 + Pre-Season + Playoffs.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

BTW: Playing 6 games isn't anywhere near playing the full 18 + Pre-Season + Playoffs.

BTW: If he had played a full 18 + Pre-Season + Playoffs last year the Bombers would have repeatedly been penalized for too many men...

Because they started 3 imports on the Oline last season for most of the season...so if this is the new standard for being injured...Couture and Spooner didn't have healthy seasons either...so it's a pretty flawed way of looking at it...this message brought to you by ellipses...ellipses...how grandpa used to talk when nap time was near...

5 minutes ago, mbrg said:

BTW: If he had played a full 18 + Pre-Season + Playoffs last year the Bombers would have repeatedly been penalized for too many men...

Because they started 3 imports on the Oline last season for most of the season...so if this is the new standard for being injured...Couture and Spooner didn't have healthy seasons either...so it's a pretty flawed way of looking at it...this message brought to you by ellipses...ellipses...how grandpa used to talk when nap time was near...

Holy overreach Batman! Hopefully the dumbest thing I read today.

No, I wasn't suggesting that they play 13. No, not playing isn't the new injured.  No, that's not what I said at all. Go back and read it slowly this time. Just so you don't have to, I'll restate it again... Assuming that Neuf will be able to play 18 games this season without getting injured is a poor assumption, because (Read this part slowly) He's never done it in his 7 CFL seasons before this one. 

Just cuz you brought it up... They played Bond because he's way better than a healthy Neuf. Playing Neuf helps our ratio, but it doesn't make our O line better. In fact, it makes it worse if you believe the coaches who started Bond in front of Neuf last year and I do.  Simply getting rid of Neuf would mean that we'd have the money to keep Westerman or bring in Muamba (Either would help  our ratio even more than Neuf IMO). That doesn't even take into account that if Couture is  really ready to start like and  some folks around here believe he is, we'd be way better from a starting NI standpoint as we'd have 8.

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

If we don't have depth to play 3 canadians on the OL when Walters has drafted so many so high why is he even employed? 

2014 - Goossen
2015 - Chungh
2016 - Couture (2nd round)
2017 - Spooner (2nd round)

So we turned our 2 first round OL into starters and we have two second rounders battling with a veteran for the third starting spot.  I don't see any problem.

19 hours ago, Booch said:

agreed...tired of hearing too how Neuf WONT last 18 games

Its something that you'll keep hearing until the guy proves he can do it. It's common sense.  

I can understand people who are suggesting we will have enough depth with Spooner, Couture, and a guy we draft in the first round. But I wouldn't understand the confidence that Nuefeld can stay healthy or that durability isn't an issue for the guy.  I would almost sooner start Couture and keep Nuefeld in the role he was in last year where he was able to stay healthy without the 18 game workload. 

Edited by Colin Unger

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

it was more to just that..if we felt neuf was a big downgrade could have adjusted elsewhere or other ways

How and where would we have adjusted? Which NI would you start instead of Neuf? In other words... who was a better choice than Neuf for the last 6 games?

45 minutes ago, Booch said:

Well u would have rotated off an import end when corney was on..or a tackle when either of Thomas or ekakite was on. 

I actually seen may sets where we actually had 3 ends on the field at once..happened quite often

I saw that too, but  which of the import D lineman do you take off of the AR if you put Bond back in last year after Westerman went down? 

59 minutes ago, Brandon said:

OMG THORPE super star THORPE!!! Sign him now!

Bridge burnt and disintegrated ....Don't see him coming back here after he walked out on us...He's high on Mike O's poop list I'm afraid....most likely never to be heard from again...