Leo's @ Bombers: Nail In Buono's Coffin Edition

USABomberfan

2 hours ago, J5V said:

For those of you so enamoured with Wally Buono, consider that for the last 2 games against us he has his team making more dirty plays against our players than we have faced against the entire league. O'Shea can say it "looks like football" all he wants but they are a dirty, douchebag team and I hope Wally and his players get what is due to them.

"You teach players to intimidate" -- Wally Buono

Helmet_To_Helmet.gifBrroks-3.gifHarris-hit.gif

Awe has to stop leading with his head.  He did it again on Davis, smoking him right in the head.  That idiot hasn't learned anything.

49 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Awe has to stop leading with his head.  He did it again on Davis, smoking him right in the head.  That idiot hasn't learned anything.

With little to no consequences he has few reasons to change.  Penalties need to be more severe for the good of the players.

4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the hit on Harris. He caught the ball and took a hit. That's a football play, just ask O'Shea if you don't believe me.

You must have been watching a different play than me. I would take oath that it was an unmistakable and probably deliberate helmet to helmet hit that the refs should have caught and the league ought to punish with a hefty fine and suspension.

3 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

On that note though, I do wish Lapo would do something though to take the heat off of Harris, he's taking the RB beating right now that Willy was taking under Bellefeuille.

Too bad we don't have another promising running back around.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

Too bad we don't have another promising running back around.

This is one of the problems of having a cdn running back. You can’t just plug and play another back without major changes to the ratio. 

And there isn’t another cdn back available that can step in and produce like Harris. 

59 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

This is one of the problems of having a cdn running back. You can’t just plug and play another back without major changes to the ratio. 

And there isn’t another cdn back available that can step in and produce like Harris. 

If it were my call to make, I would rest him next week and focus on the west semi. 

3 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

When Flanders was playing, he took a lot of attention off Harris. We have Bauman on the practice roster, and before you you say "Bah, humbug"- Did Richardson not contribute well for the Riders last game?

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Flanders...yes another offensive weapon that’s not available. I’m not sure who bauman is so I can’t provide an opinion. 

But absolutely, Harris has benefited from Flanders. 

Google "Zach Bauman" his video clips looked impressive.

?‍?Thursday Nov. 2 - Dyshawn Davis fined an undisclosed amount for a hit to the head with his helmet. His M.O. No penalty was called on the play.

?‍?Never have I heard the expression “explosion plays” as much as I’ve heard it this year. And mostly in relation to the Bomber defence. It’s ironic. Bombers. Giving up explosion plays. Look for a name change in the near future...Winnipeg Blue Bombees...

?‍?Too bad we don’t have 2nd place wrapped up. I would have advocated to rest Nichols, and go with D. Davis. We absolutely must get an answer on him. For instance, did LaPo coddle him instead of let him play QB? We already know LeFevour will be gone, so he could just have been back up.

?‍?To do Mike O’Shea a favour (sounds too much like fevour), a courtesy, we have to copy and paste this: 

"There were busts on defence, drops on offence, missed blocks… it wasn’t effort. It’s focus and execution.” 

Perhaps put it on a laminated mini sign.

But Mike, this was the team’s 17th game..

?‍?It’s a shame the special team’s performance didn’t amount to much, including the re-emergence of our kicker. They deserved better.

?‍?There were some pretty good efforts by individuals on defence. Unfortunately, they were countered by some pretty bad decisions by individuals on defence...

?‍?Richie Hall has his own version of the Winnipeg business, Scheme a Dream. Can you guess what his Schemes are called?

?‍?It’s taken me longer to type the expression time of possession than the amount of time the Bombers were in possession of the ball..or so it seemed.

?‍?Now do the fans appreciate the value of Matt Nichols?

?‍?I still stand by my earlier statement that I don’t really care about all the fluff revolving around 2nd place, losing 2 of 3 or whatever, blah, blah, blah. I just want them to win the last 3 games they play.

Edited by Mr Dee

Bad game plan, bad execution.

1 running play in the 1st quarter? I would have bet $1000 going into that game, that harris gets 5 carries on the opening drive at least! He got 8 all game!? How does that make any sense? I still can't fathom the thought process that went into that opening drive, never mind the rest of the ******* game. I'm not sure I've ever been so pissed off about a game plan before. It just didn't make any damn sense.

And that Defense, I could write ten pages about it, but I'm tired of being angry, so I'll just say. Save for a Grey cup win. I'm not renewing my seasons if Hall is still on the staff. I don't want Thorpe either (though he would be an upgrade). Would like some new young blood in there.  And I've never made that type of promise with my Tickets. But this regime is wasting the talent they have on that side of the ball and it's painful to watch.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Bad game plan, bad execution.

1 running play in the 1st quarter? I would have bet $1000 going into that game, that harris gets 5 carries on the opening drive at least! He got 8 all game!? How does that make any sense? I still can't fathom the thought process that went into that opening drive, never mind the rest of the ******* game. I'm not sure I've ever been so pissed off about a game plan before. It just didn't make any damn sense..

As regards Harris, I would bet that the Lions, knowing that Adams and Flanders were sidelined and that only Dressler was any threat, schemed to key on both Harris and Dressler and that was the game.

1 minute ago, tracker said:

As regards Harris, I would bet that the Lions, knowing that Adams and Flanders were sidelined and that only Dressler was any threat, schemed to key on both Harris and Dressler and that was the game.

100% every team knows Harris is a key to the Offence. But in that kind of weather, going against that team. You dare them to stop it. Line up, and run it down their throat and don't let up. They didn't even attempt that. That's what bothers me so much. 1 running play in the 1st quarter, and that came when there was under 2min left in the 1st quarter.

17 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

After that hit last game he may not have a choice. It sure looked like he was concussed. 

There is a blood test concussion test developed in Kitchener Ontario. It is said to be  much more accurate than other tests. 

I hope the CFL is looking into this test.

Edited by Mark F

6 minutes ago, Mark F said:

There is a blood test concussion test developed in Kitchener Ontario. It is said to be  much more accurate than other tests. 

I hope the CFL is looking into this test.

After a quick web search, The test, still in its infancy, determines proteins, enzymes and whoremoans. Personally, it would be tough for me to identify a protein or enzyme, but I have heard a whoremoan. 

37 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

100% every team knows Harris is a key to the Offence. But in that kind of weather, going against that team. You dare them to stop it. Line up, and run it down their throat and don't let up. They didn't even attempt that. That's what bothers me so much. 1 running play in the 1st quarter, and that came when there was under 2min left in the 1st quarter.

Pathetic game called by LaPolice (seems to be a trend lately) and the fact Harris had only one touch on the ground in the first 15 mins. is absolutely bewildering.

9 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Pathetic game called by LaPolice (seems to be a trend lately) and the fact Harris had only one touch on the ground in the first 15 mins. is absolutely bewildering.

Seemed to be the game plan for most of the games they lost this season, go away from Harris early and often until loss is secured.