Leo's @ Bombers: Nail In Buono's Coffin Edition

USABomberfan

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

I'm not to concerned about the defence or offence right now.  Without Nicholls it doesn't matter how good our defence or special teams is.   

It certainly appeared  they way.I thought Lapo could have called a different  game for the Fever.Its obvious  throwing the ball is a weak point.(and he's  a QB imagine that)

Just now, tracker said:

No matter what, unless evidence emerges about Hall and livestock in inappropriate relationships, Hall will be here to the end of the season and for some time afterwards.

O'Shea will keep Hall and Hurl. He said the wide open receivers look bad but were just ... confusion.

12 minutes ago, bustamente said:

We now know why the Fever was not made the starter when Nichols went down , he of the noddle arm fame, and getting 2 cracks at killing our rb and succeeding on the second gets you a ticket out of this city at the end of the year.

We could see this from the plays he was left in for after his sneaks. He sucks. 

22 minutes ago, J5V said:

I guarantee you this will be blamed on the offense.

total team failure in this game.  

The defense has been brutal pretty well all season with a few exceptions, but the offense has shown a really disturbing trend the past 4 weeks or so, and that was with Harris and Nichols in the lineup.  Poor net yardage and TOI.  I guess Adams and Flanders being out of the lineup make a big difference and reflects the lack of depth in this roster has.  No suitable replacements and that is on the management and the scouts.

Just now, blueandgoldguy said:

total team failure in this game.  

The defense has been brutal pretty well all season with a few exceptions, but the offense has shown a really disturbing trend the past 4 weeks or so, and that was with Harris and Nichols in the lineup.  Poor net yardage and TOI.  I guess Adams and Flanders being out of the lineup make a big difference and reflects the lack of depth in this roster has.  No suitable replacements and that is on the management and the scouts.

sucks9.gif

I won't criticize O'Shea about coaching,  I'm can't.

But This is where I can disagree with O'Shea and his old school " tough guy" attitude.

CFL on TSN Retweeted

Matthew Scianitti  ✔@TSNScianitti

Mike O'Shea says Andrew Harris should be fine, and the hit Harris took "looks like football

Im not sure what "looks like football"  means but that hit on Harris was brutal, and if that's ok in Canadian football, I think I will be losing interest.

They better fix this crap soon, the late hits and dirty play. Or they'll really have more than one problem on their hands.

Edited by Mark F
edit

18 minutes ago, bustamente said:

We now know why the Fever was not made the starter when Nichols went down , he of the noddle arm fame, and getting 2 cracks at killing our rb and succeeding on the second gets you a ticket out of this city at the end of the year.

Regarding the Fever this shouldn't be a surprise.  Watching his games in relief and starting for Hamilton and Toronto it was pretty apparent he had little arm strength from the getgo.  Yeah, he fluked out a win here and there thanks to his running ability but his throws were of the popgun variety and because of that, he was incapable and is of stretching the field.  He is fine as a short yardage QB, that's about it.

Let's keep this in perspective. We are down our best D man and leader,our best Oline man and leader,Our lead RB,game breaker go to guy,our back up RB who changed our whole game plan,Our QB who is up their for league  MVP and drives this team.Are we in trouble? Yes!Was it to be expected we wouldn't  answer the bell in this game?Yes.If I'm BC I would be a tad sheepish at how close this game was.Best case scenario, is Calgary wins,we have 2 weeks to heal most of these loses and emerge a hungry  team in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, the watcher said:

Let's keep this in perspective. We are down our best D man and leader,our best Oline man and leader,Our lead RB,game breaker go to guy,our back up RB who changed our whole game plan,Our QB who is up their for league  MVP and drives this team.Are we in trouble? Yes!Was it to be expected we wouldn't  answer the bell in this game?Yes.If I'm BC I would be a tad sheepish at how close this game was.Best case scenario, is Calgary wins,we have 2 weeks to heal most of these loses and emerge a hungry  team in the playoffs.

Stumbling into the playoffs is almost as bad as not making it at all. Last year, the Bombers went into the playoff on a roll and nearly beat BC. This year, no matter  why, the team is on the skids. If they play this poorly during a home playoff game, manure might be imported from Regina  the next day to be presented to Walters.