Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

18 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Judging by the interview Scott Mitchell did with the Hamilton media this morning he was still talking about how Briles deserved a second chance & was disappointed others didn't see it that way while accepting blame & taking the hit for the Ti Cats & CFL. He doesn't feel any different than he did yesterday. Just that he got his marching orders from Bob Young to go out there & eat crow. 

I think we all agree that most people deserve a second chance... if they earn that right... if Art Briles went out admitted his mistake, donated time and money to helping women's groups, reached out to the effected families, etc... if he did ANYTHING to atone for his mistake (not that you can really take back what he did).... I might feel differently about him... but instead, he filed a wrongful termination suit (not sure if this is still on-going) which essentially painted himself as a victim.... that, I have no sympathy for....

Rachel Nichols said it nicely on PTI a few days ago... paraphrasing: "the fact that Art Briles has a job in football and Colin Kaepernick doesn't just goes to show you what we really value in this sport"...

I don't agree that everyone deserves a second chance. A dog may get one bite for free, but people shouldn't get one rape or murder or cover up for free. Rape and murder aren't mistakes in most cases. Cover ups never are. Most folks know what to say, or can be told what to say to 'admit to a mistake', but just saying the words doesn't make it real.

The more US media stories I read......the uglier that whole Baylor situation, looks.   Pretty discernible pattern of multiple crimes, lies, deflections and cover ups.  
June Jones, was simply playing the ole boys network game, to bring his bud, Briles in.    But Scott Mitchell has demonstrated gross incompetence, and particularly poor judgment, in this whole deal.
This organization can't even get through a bye week, without some form of fail.

Edited by do or die

7 minutes ago, do or die said:

The more US media stories I read......the uglier that whole Baylor situation, looks.   Pretty discernible pattern of multiple crimes, lies, deflections and cover ups.  
June Jones, was simply playing the ole boys network game, to bring his bud, Briles in.    But Scott Mitchell has demonstrated gross incompetence, and particularly poor judgment, in this whole deal.
This organization can't even get through a bye week, without some form of fail.

This whole Briles situation is covering up the fact that they just made a guy with no CFL coaching experience the head coach.  Kent Austin back on the bench by years end?

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't agree that everyone deserves a second chance. A dog may get one bite for free, but people shouldn't get one rape or murder or cover up for free. Rape and murder aren't mistakes in most cases. Cover ups never are. Most folks know what to say, or can be told what to say to 'admit to a mistake', but just saying the words doesn't make it real.

excellent point... and I was, by no means, saying all he has to do it apologize and all is forgiven...  he has shown absolutely nothing as far as responsibility and atonement... and therefore does not currently deserve a second chance...

http://www.tsn.ca/tiger-cats-worked-out-manziel-last-week-1.842986

Johnny Manziel worked out last week in Buffalo before a contingent of Hamilton Tiger-Cats coaches and front-office personnel, TSN has learned.

But the former Heisman Trophy winner will not be coming north anytime soon.

The Ticats put Manziel through a series of physical and medical tests during their bye week on Aug. 23 and 24, coming away convinced he’s not ready to resume his professional career.
“Too many red flags,” said one source

37 minutes ago, Booch said:

Totally forgot about this addition to neg list...possible roster spot as extra DB in lieu of the Roc and be able to have Dressler added to roster and not remove any of Thorpe/Flanders/Lankford/denmark

Maybe in the future...doubt Branning will be considered for the extra DB position this year. 

49 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Signing another cdn db seems a bit odd. Hopefully making room for getting Hurl off the field...i can dream cant I?

What do the two things have in common?  Are you saying you hope the Bombers take Alexander off the field in exchange for this new National rookie DB just so they can put a rookie international MLB on the field?