Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

1 hour ago, MC said:

What do the two things have in common?  Are you saying you hope the Bombers take Alexander off the field in exchange for this new National rookie DB just so they can put a rookie international MLB on the field?

Im hoping they are trying to work another cnd into the d to get hurl off. In this instance it would be building depth at db so Jones could play field corner.

8 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't agree that everyone deserves a second chance. A dog may get one bite for free, but people shouldn't get one rape or murder or cover up for free. Rape and murder aren't mistakes in most cases. Cover ups never are. Most folks know what to say, or can be told what to say to 'admit to a mistake', but just saying the words doesn't make it real.

All Briles was trying to do was cover up the rapes so it couldn't be traced back to him. He put himself ahead of the right thing to do. It was selfish & wrong. Thing is, had he come clean & cooperated by doing the right thing which was to make sure every player that was involved from Baylor was arrested, he'd have been lauded for his efforts. Instead, he panicked & chose to cover everything up no matter what. He deserves no second chance. 

Man, I almost can't even believe these guys got to the Cup in 2013 and 2014.

Right now they've really got some inept people who seem to not understand football in the house.  I know before Austin stepped down and all he and Collaros were already on rocky terms and all, but to me he's got almost nothing for an O-line up there, and the guy who used to be speedy banks has turned into Mr. Dud Banks.

If these guys are really seriously considering Manziel as their future .... ohhh boy I don't even know what I'd think if I was a Tiger Cat fan.  As bad as I thought we had it under Mack and Burke, and it was bad bad bad make no mistake about that ... it didn't feel nothing like this.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

All Briles was trying to do was cover up the rapes so it couldn't be traced back to him. He put himself ahead of the right thing to do. It was selfish & wrong. Thing is, had he come clean & cooperated by doing the right thing which was to make sure every player that was involved from Baylor was arrested, he'd have been lauded for his efforts. Instead, he panicked & chose to cover everything up no matter what. He deserves no second chance. 

Totally agree. The victims are not going to get a second chance so as  to undo the violent rapes. In the example of the Catholic Church, the greater evil was all the efforts the church put into intimidating and discounting the anguish of the broken lives of the victims.  Or, "it was just locker room talk".  All it takes for evil to flourish is that good people remain silent. Silence is complicity.

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Apparently the Cats have discussed trading Collaros. Argos and Riders being the two teams mentioned.  Toronto apparently offered 3 nationals and a high pick.

Poor Collaros- being potentially moved from one team that has a pop-gun offense and porous O-line to another. On the other hand, he ain't working for minimum wage, either. Hamilton would have to eat some of that salary.

33 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Thought about that too. Then thought we are fine at qb. Tackling dummy maybe? 

Im concerned he's ******, like Willy. 

yeah he may be totally screwed up and broken too, but I'd like to know what he would look like behind a good O-Line and in a new scheme designed for his scrambling ability.  Could still be a Tom Clements type QB, he just looks like he has zero confidence and just doesn't care.