Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

TiCats CEO Scott Mitchell defends their hiring......

http://3downnation.com/2017/08/28/ticats-ceo-scott-mitchell-defends-hiring-art-briles/

@scratchingpost  1m1 minute ago
Drew Edwards Retweeted 3DownNation
Some quick notes from this story:
1. #CFL knew about this hiring ahead of time.
2. So did Bob Young. 
3. #Ticats aren't reversing course.

Nothing like compounding original idiocy.....

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Yeah, I get that, but saying "none of my business" is super weak, especially given the collective response of his peers in the media.

Has Pedersen ever demonstrated strength in any capacity? He's a pathetic yes man with a blatant homer bias, and nothing more.

Man, what a nightmare development for the CFL. :(

37 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

This is exactly what you would expect to hear if you were to expect hearing anything in response. The Ticats are taking a chance on hiring this guy and putting forth their good reputation on the integrity of a man who doesn't seem to possess any. 

Having just recaptured the fan base in Hamilton, this losing season already grates on the nerves of many. Now, there will be many more.. 

I'm all for second chances but going all in before testing the mood seems kinda backward.

They're destroying  their  fanbase. It'll be back to crowds of 15,000 before long.

29 minutes ago, Goalie said:

So... He knew about stuff but didnt report it? Or he participated in it? Cuz if its the first one... Thats a tough situation... Im sure we have all seen illegal things and never reported them...  Thats a tough one. If he participated in it... **** off and die. 

I dunno tho. Not sure he should be allowed here either way. But to anyone saying there's no difference between not reporting it and doing it himself... Umm yeah there is. 

Rock and a hard place at times... Perhaps this was one of those times.

Absolutely not. He was complicit and helped cover things up. He helped create a culture where this was acceptable. Briles is a horrible piece of .... and belongs nowhere near this league.

Read up on Briles.

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I'm hoping there is sponsors threaten to pull out and that there are protests outside the Cat's offices. This kind of **** makes me embarassed to be a CFL fan.

Let's start with Tim Horton's. They are obviously the highest profile CFL and TiCats sponsor.

I'm feeling really bad for the fans of the TiCats right now.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Let's start with Tim Horton's. They are obviously the highest profile CFL and TiCats sponsor.

I'm feeling really bad for the fans of the TiCats right now.

This is definitely getting kicked while down. I'll refrain from including them in any of my slagging of the Ti-Cats for the short term. Especially because it seems like most Ti-Cats fans are disgusted by this move as well.

1 hour ago, AKAChip said:

Rod Pedersen is a spineless piece of garbage and I hope his tweet is not overlooked in the outrage over all of this. 

1 hour ago, ediger said:

Agreed. Chickenshit response.

EDIT: AND WOW! Follow the thread. He keeps on going...

Dante Alighieri — ‘The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.’

42 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Unless he was actually convicted for an offense, he can enter Canada without issue.

No one apart from a Canadian citizen "has the right" to enter Canada- anyone else can be barred just because of the colour of their shoelaces.  Anyone who participates directly or indirectly in a rape or condones it through silence is equally complicit. If there is a Hell, I hope there is a spot reserved for these monsters.

6 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Dante Alighieri — ‘The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.’

Him having no comment is akin to supporting it. And Rod has plenty to say about the business of other teams. He even condemned Justin Cox.