What will it take to beat Edmonton?

BigBlue

38 minutes ago, pigseye said:

The magnitude of this game is only now starting to sink in. Win and they all but lock up second place and a home playoff game, lose and it will be a dog fight to the end.

If my math is correct... the magic number to clinch a home playoff game (if we beat Edm) will be 2...

Has Sam Hurl ever missed a game due to injury? I don't think so.

insert joke here :  _______________________________

My theory is the defensive backfield has improved quite a bit.

Guess we're about to find out. Heath/Randall going to get some picks methinks. Maybe Alexander too.

In addition to a win, I hope to see some headphone throwing, or kicking something over on the Edmonton sideline. Might be good to see a player pull that, to see what happens.

maybe a baseball style coach screaming in referee face incident.

Edited by Mark F

On 9/28/2017 at 10:16 AM, bearpants said:

We can still lose this game and win the season series... as long as we lose by 6 or less... so really a loss potentially isn't the end of the world... that being said, a win would just be much simpler!

Obviously not considering we got Hamilton next week and a two full game lead on them.  But it would be the first time we actually swept these villains in a long time, and it'd be great to see this team go 14-4 this season.

Just now, TBURGESS said:

Grymes back is big for Edmonton's D.

yes and no. He may still be feeling the woes from the NFL and getting cut.  He also will have to adjust to the field again and the new schemes but ya, its gonna be a boost.. just not huge imo right off the hop.

6 hours ago, do or die said:

What will it take?    More ball control.

That might be a bit chicken and egg - the Bombers had success against Edmonton in the last game by running the hurry-up offence as much as possible, but one of the statistical consequences was losing the time of possession battle.  I'd argue losing that battle is what helped them win the game.  If we slow the offence down to hang on to the ball for more of the game, we don't take advantage of their defensive weaknesses like we did last time.