3 stars plus HH LDC edition.

wbbfan

Harris , guy gives 100% game in game game out takes punishment gives punishment

Leggett, a rock on d and would be even better if they 2 better lb's to play with

Flanders, needs more touches but made things happen

Like other's have said if you are a Bomber fan and went to the LDC you are my HH 

16 minutes ago, J5V said:

Don't be inane. The score flatters us because it could have been worse, like the time they beat us 52-0. Or do you think that's a positive? Good grief! Do you not know when you've just had the **** kicked out of you? That was a **** kicking. How can I be embarrassed by the performance of this team today but not you? Maybe you're the Rider fan.

I'll admit I am a fan of that red-headed rider chick that they kept showing on camera that game.   Labour day memories, ahh...

Unfortunately the "fake" injuries is within the rules as they are now. The fact that an opposition coach, regardless of who it is, decides to use this to slow down our offense and turn that to his advantage is called coaching, sorry. It may not look good, it may put a smudge on the CFL but it is allowed, at least as of now. Did it have any consequence to the outcome of the game, I highly doubt it. We lost that game in the first quarter and were not going to recover. We were outcoached, out prepared, and outplayed from the get go. The offensive and defensive schemes were terrible no other way to say it. Even to the selection of who played and didn't, we were beat from the get go. Keep in mind we have 2 on the injured list they have 17!! and still dominated.

I commented awhile back and everyone accused me of being a wagon jumper etc. All I was saying and continue to say is Sask beat two western division teams handily, we scraped by one of them and lost to the other. They are not far behind us, if at all, and are playing dominating football. We continue to scrape by eastern division teams whom we all know are much weaker than the western division. So now we will see what kind of coaching and team we have in the second half, most of which is against the west I believe. We might do well at the Banjo Bowl, I'm sure hoping we will but time will tell.

4 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Unfortunately the "fake" injuries is within the rules as they are now. The fact that an opposition coach, regardless of who it is, decides to use this to slow down our offense and turn that to his advantage is called coaching, sorry. It may not look good, it may put a smudge on the CFL but it is allowed, at least as of now. Did it have any consequence to the outcome of the game, I highly doubt it. 

Can't see how fake leg cramps are within the rules.  With respect to your opinion, that it's within the rules sounds like a rationalization, to me. 

4 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Can't see how fake leg cramps are within the rules.  With respect to your opinion, that it's within the rules sounds like a rationalization, to me. 

Delay of Game is not within the rules. No ref will call it, that's the problem. They're afraid that they'll penalize a team with a legit injury. But don't think for a moment faking injuries is within the rules. 

I agree the refs have to be concerned with injuries no question and how are they to know if it is fake or otherwise.  There is no rationalization just a simple observation. Do I think it is right, absolutely not but until there is a methodology to prevent it and keep players safe, then it will continue. Sad but true.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Delay of Game is not within the rules. No ref will call it, that's the problem. They're afraid that they'll penalize a team with a legit injury. But don't think for a moment faking injuries is within the rules. 

46 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

I agree the refs have to be concerned with injuries no question and how are they to know if it is fake or otherwise.  There is no rationalization just a simple observation. Do I think it is right, absolutely not but until there is a methodology to prevent it and keep players safe, then it will continue. Sad but true.

To prevent it, please follow:

Defenceman, Weber takes a slap shot off the ankle, obvious injury event. Weber hits the ice like a bag of potatoes. Play continues. 

Yesterday, RB Marshall with ball comes up lame during the play falls like a sack of potatoes. Play continues. 

Hypothetical, long bomb to a receiver, defender comes up lame with leg cramp, falls like a sack of potatoes. Blow the play dead? That would never happen. 

Bombers yesterday had three plays whistled in, as someone pointed out in chat. After the ref whistled in, the fake injuries occurred, player falls like a sack of potatoes, with no injury event. No reason to not continue the play. 

The fake injuries hurt the integrity of the game. 

Sundays game with fake injuries to delay game is obvious bad faith by liars. Equivalent to malingering. 

You can drop a note to the cfl if you agree. 

Edited by Rod Black

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

O'Shea should up the ante next game and run the no-huddle offence starting in the first Q and 5 or 6 additional times throughout the game.  If Jones wants to tag along with his little game each time, this tactic is going to be front and center by the end of the game and the focus of CFL media coverage for the following week, embarrassing the Rider organization once again. 

Ambrosie has demonstrated that he doesn't have to wait until the off-season to nip abusive tactics in the bud and he needs to send the message that he won't tolerate abuse of the rules or the game under his watch, especially from that stupid little cracker.

On 9/3/2017 at 8:16 PM, TBURGESS said:

I forgot how whiny folks get around here when we lose. Can't complain about the refs in this one, they only gave us 4 for 40 while giving the Riders 9-75. Have to complain about something else.

If O'Shea had come up with the 'fake' (In quotes because I don't know for certain if they were fake or not) injuries to slow down the other team, you guys would be going on and on about how smart  he was to use the rules in our favour.

Yea no, I'd be pretty choked if O'shea was suing a bullshit tactic like that, regardless of what you think.   its dirty pool and I hope there is some way to make sure its not acceptable going forward.. Not that Jones cares one way or another..