3 stars plus HH LDC edition.

wbbfan

10 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

How does anyone expect the refs to 'crack down' on injuries or cramps?

The player is taken off the field for 3 plays. Want it changed so they have to stay off longer for every injury or just the one's that may be fake when teams are playing us?

FTR: I'd rather not lose Loffler for more than 3 plays when he got injured and I don't want the refs using their digression when deciding if an injury is real or not.

delay of game penalty, unsportsmanlike penalty... I mean when a guy grabs his arm that's wrapped up and goes down and then on his way off the field is laughing and fist bumping guys with said arm it's pretty ******* blatant that it's a stall tactic so throw a flag. Will end that **** pretty damned quick. 

10 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

How does anyone expect the refs to 'crack down' on injuries or cramps?

The player is taken off the field for 3 plays. Want it changed so they have to stay off longer for every injury or just the one's that may be fake when teams are playing us?

FTR: I'd rather not lose Loffler for more than 3 plays when he got injured and I don't want the refs using their digression when deciding if an injury is real or not.

Well unless a guy is having a heart attack or seizure it almost never happens that someone goes down when play has been whistled in and subs completed.  Blatant attempt to circumvent the rules around hurry-up offenses.

There's no real way to do it - CFLPA would go nuts if refs started deciding who was legit injured...

But I do believe (hope) that the refs will not be kind to Sask after this evening...  everyone's laughing at them right now -

like when the Jets took more penalties because Kane was always whining - I hope anyway

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

delay of game penalty, unsportsmanlike penalty... I mean when a guy grabs his arm that's wrapped up and goes down and then on his way off the field is laughing and fist bumping guys with said arm it's pretty ******* blatant that it's a stall tactic so throw a flag. Will end that **** pretty damned quick. 

Exactly, there are rules and the refs have discretion around unsportsmanlike and objectionable conduct.  They don't have any balls however.

I forgot how whiny folks get around here when we lose. Can't complain about the refs in this one, they only gave us 4 for 40 while giving the Riders 9-75. Have to complain about something else.

If O'Shea had come up with the 'fake' (In quotes because I don't know for certain if they were fake or not) injuries to slow down the other team, you guys would be going on and on about how smart  he was to use the rules in our favour.

23 minutes ago, Floyd said:

There's no real way to do it - CFLPA would go nuts if refs started deciding who was legit injured...

But I do believe (hope) that the refs will not be kind to Sask after this evening...  everyone's laughing at them right now -

like when the Jets took more penalties because Kane was always whining - I hope anyway

I can assure you the laughing is coming _from_ them _at_ us right now.

23 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Exactly, there are rules and the refs have discretion around unsportsmanlike and objectionable conduct.  They don't have any balls however.

O'Shea was giving it to the one official there and he simply turned his head and completely tuned O'Shea out. There was never going to be a penalty of that nature called in this game. I'm not sure what the deal is but we always get screwed by the officials in Regina. Oddly though, the same consideration never seems to be afforded us in Winnipeg. So much for the lack of bias, AFAIC.

12 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I forgot how whiny folks get around here when we lose. Can't complain about the refs in this one, they only gave us 4 for 40 while giving the Riders 9-75. Have to complain about something else.

If O'Shea had come up with the 'fake' (In quotes because I don't know for certain if they were fake or not) injuries to slow down the other team, you guys would be going on and on about how smart  he was to use the rules in our favour.

Are you really that desperate for devil's advocate argument threads...?

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

This is utter bullfrog... those fake injuries, and make no mistake, they were fake, goes against Coaching standards that exist now and have been in place for years. This is Jones, and Jones only. This is the standard he is teaching his players on how to play football. And they are lapping it up. It's no damn coincidence that magically, injuries pop up exactly when we're going to hurry up. 

I would never feel comfortable using these methods to win with, now how did Jones put it? Oh yeah "win with class"

Now these weren't the reasons why we lost, but it's pretty chintzy if you ask me.

19 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Sometimes it's not what's called but what's not called so I don't buy that argument.

21 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

QFT

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Leggett

Flanders

Harris

HH to the fans who drove all that way to watch this **** and for the rest of us who watched to the end, despite the frustration.

A waste of three hours where I could have been doing something more rewarding- like flossing.

12 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Are you really that desperate for devil's advocate argument threads...?

What are you on about this time? Nothing to do with devil's advocate.

9 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

This is utter bullfrog... those fake injuries, and make no mistake, they were fake, goes against Coaching standards that exist now and have been in place for years. This is Jones, and Jones only. This is the standard he is teaching his players on how to play football. And they are lapping it up. It's no damn coincidence that magically, injuries pop up exactly when we're going to hurry up. 

I would never feel comfortable using these methods to win with, now how did Jones put it? Oh yeah "win with class"

Now these weren't the reasons why we lost, but it's pretty chintzy if you ask me.

I think some of them were fake injuries, but make no mistake, there's no way for you or I or the refs to tell for sure, and that's what it takes to call penalties. I remember the Bombers doing the same thing back in the old days when we won all the time. Maybe that was before your time.

You've hated Jones at least from the time he got the Riders job, but his team beat us this afternoon fair and square. They came out and ran us out of their park from the start of the game until the half. It could have been a bigger score if 'Smiley Dumbass' hadn't dropped a pass he had in both hands in the end zone or if Glenn had hit on a couple more deep balls where they were behind us.

17 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

And then you go on to engage Mr Dee - the  ultimate positron - with a post that you know will just lead to a spiralling circling argument...

17 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I think some of them were fake injuries, but make no mistake, there's no way for you or I or the refs to tell for sure, and that's what it takes to call penalties. I remember the Bombers doing the same thing back in the old days when we won all the time. Maybe that was before your time.

You've hated Jones at least from the time he got the Riders job, but his team beat us this afternoon fair and square. They came out and ran us out of their park from the start of the game until the half. It could have been a bigger score if 'Smiley Dumbass' hadn't dropped a pass he had in both hands in the end zone or if Glenn had hit on a couple more deep balls where they were behind us.

Like hey ' the bombers could have won if Darvin Adams caught the long bomb and Gainey was flagged for PI on JFG...'   Let's debate.

15 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

As I said the score flattered us and no amount of sugar-coating is going to wash this bad taste from the mouth. 

Sure there were fake injuries but no way they were going to be identified as such by the officials and Jones knew it and used it to advantage. There are certain coaches in this league that can intimidate officials, like Wally Buono and Chris Jones. Mike O'Shea, as a coach, does not intimidate any officials and until he changes his persona, never will. 

Why did the score flatter us?  Take away the fast start for the Riders was the game that one sided? I didn't think so, the difference came from the points the Riders got early and that was the margin of victory. 

You are over reacting to a poor start that they couldn't over come and mistakenly thinking the entire game went that way. It did not. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Why did the score flatter us?  Take away the fast start for the Riders was the game that one sided? I didn't think so, the difference came from the points the Riders got early and that was the margin of victory. 

You are over reacting to a poor start that they couldn't over come and mistakenly thinking the entire game went that way. It did not. 

J5 thinks it flattered us because he's a sask fan and TBurg just likes arguing online...

12 minutes ago, Floyd said:

J5 thinks it flattered us because he's a sask fan and TBurg just likes arguing online...

Don't be inane. The score flatters us because it could have been worse, like the time they beat us 52-0. Or do you think that's a positive? Good grief! Do you not know when you've just had the **** kicked out of you? That was a **** kicking. How can I be embarrassed by the performance of this team today but not you? Maybe you're the Rider fan.

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Nichols was horrible until garbage time IMO.  That early INT was the turning point, just couldn't happen, especially like that, maybe on a throw trying to push it deep.

Yet Osh will keep trotting him out.  Davis must really suck if he could not get a snap today.  They Iced Matty.