Geoff Gray Cut By Pack

Noeller

13 minutes ago, bb1 said:

I don't know how we take any of this news as positive...we have great players that could be playing in the CFL sitting on practice rosters...its sad so many good players not playing but it's all about the money. The NFL is definitely hurting the CFL with these moves.  It's becoming clear the myopic NFL can't  or doesn't give a damn about the CFL anymore. Unfortunately a lot of young Canadians probably don't care ethier and would rather see these guys on a NFL team. 

It's like free training for the CFL.  The Americans are meh, missing the Canadians hurts a bit but less when it's guys that are rookies anyway.  If they are smart they won't sit on PR's too long because Gray would make the same or more up here even as a rook.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It's like free training for the CFL.  The Americans are meh, missing the Canadians hurts a bit but less when it's guys that are rookies anyway.  If they are smart they won't sit on PR's too long because Gray would make the same or more up here even as a rook.

Can see Gray kicking around like Mulumba though....hope not. I was more talking about players like Bighill proven CFL stars sitting on NFL practice rosters...the NFL is not doing the CFL any favours and if they help shut us down where we will these type of players develop? 

12 hours ago, bb1 said:

Can see Gray kicking around like Mulumba though....hope not. I was more talking about players like Bighill proven CFL stars sitting on NFL practice rosters...the NFL is not doing the CFL any favours and if they help shut us down where we will these type of players develop? 

The NFL would NEVER let the CFL fold. They'd pump a billion dollars into the league without thinking twice about it before they let that happen.

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Who?

http://3downnation.com/2016/12/15/slew-of-cfl-players-worked-out-for-new-york-jets/

" Receivers Bryan Burnham, Quincy McDuffie, Diontae Spencer, offensive lineman Greg Van Roten, defensive lineman Alex Bazzie, Frank Beltre, Mic’hael Brooks and defensive back Mitchell White worked out for the New York Jets "

Trent Corney also attended their mini-camp.

4 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

The NFL would NEVER let the CFL fold. They'd pump a billion dollars into the league without thinking twice about it before they let that happen.

why wait?  Pump the billion in now.  The only city that needs a stadium upgrade now is Calgary (and possibly Edmonton, never been there so don't know what it looks like) and so the rest could go into marketing, and more importantly player and coaching salaries.  Imagine what each team could do with $100 million?  Even $50 million?  Imagine what Toronto could do with that?  They could give away seats for a few years and still be ok.  At least they'd have a full stadium, provided those bozos in Toronto could make it to the stadium.

20 hours ago, Goalie said:

Gray cleared waivers and then was picked up and PR'd by a different team. One who brings Canadians in for cups of coffee always

That's the Giants I believe your refering to

**edit I see MObomberfan linked a 3downnation article stating a bunch of CFL'ers got a work out with the Jets. Again I'm pretty sure that was due to Drew Morris who would have his finger on the cfl pulse and watching it closely for any decent prospect/players

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

That's the Giants I believe your refering to

**edit I see MObomberfan linked a 3downnation article stating a bunch of CFL'ers got a work out with the Jets. Again I'm pretty sure that was due to Drew Morris who would have his finger on the cfl pulse and watching it closely for any decent prospect/players

The Giants for sure brought in an equally long and impressive list of talent, and none of them stuck for long I'm pretty sure.

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎03 at 0:42 AM, yogi said:

Can we slot Geoff Gray in at MLB? I know nothing about football, so I assume yes.

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎03 at 0:55 AM, Noeller said:

I seriously was going to type this earlier because people are being so insane... 

Did you see Gray's sack from the Packs last game? Man's a beast coming up the middle.

21 hours ago, mfranc said:

Gray is at least another year away from joining the Bombers.

Not the worst thing though, it's not a glaring position of need yet. If Bond boogies to the NFL then it could become a problem.

Edited by Judd

On 9/3/2017 at 6:41 PM, bb1 said:

There was a lot of talk about Gray at the draft regarding his post-football future and what he really wants to do with his life... he wants to finish his engineering degree at U of M (eventually)... which means if he's a roster player in the NFL he'll put those plans on hold... but if he's just floating around on PRs he'd be more likely to come play for the Bombers and work on his engineering degree simultaneously...

I also happen to know someone who taught Mr Gray in high school who said he is a big family guy and would like to be here, where all his family is... all that being said, it's not like I actually know the guy and all this could be incorrect speculation... I've just been lead to believe being a PR player in the NFL is not exactly high on his list of career goals...

5 minutes ago, bearpants said:

he'd be more likely to come play for the Bombers

a while ago someone posted a tweet or something like that here, from Gray, that said if he didn't make the packers, he'd would be very happy to play for the Bombers. New York Jets are in a shambles as far as I have heard.

must be very smart, if he's doing mechanical engineering.  That stuff is not for your average person.

Just now, Mark F said:

a while ago someone posted a tweet or something like that here, from Gray, that said if he didn't make the packers, he'd would be very happy to play for the Bombers. New York Jets are in a shambles as far as I have heard.

must be very smart, if he's doing mechanical engineering.  That stuff is not for your average person.

Engineers are not all that smart. Apparently one designed the human body- who else but an engineer would run a sewer through a prime recreational area?

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

There was a lot of talk about Gray at the draft regarding his post-football future and what he really wants to do with his life... he wants to finish his engineering degree at U of M (eventually)... which means if he's a roster player in the NFL he'll put those plans on hold... but if he's just floating around on PRs he'd be more likely to come play for the Bombers and work on his engineering degree simultaneously...

I also happen to know someone who taught Mr Gray in high school who said he is a big family guy and would like to be here, where all his family is... all that being said, it's not like I actually know the guy and all this could be incorrect speculation... I've just been lead to believe being a PR player in the NFL is not exactly high on his list of career goals...

This could be good, unlike a lot of these players Gray is getting a useful degree and knows football is only a temporary phase before he moves on with his career and real life.  Why not go for the gusto, live some "glory days" in front of family and friends and take a shot at getting his name on a couple of Grey Cups, instead of wasting his time chasing some extra coin around on the fringes of NFL P.R.'s and promptly fading into obscurity?

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

This could be good, unlike a lot of these players Gray is getting a useful degree and knows football is only a temporary phase before he moves on with his career and real life.  Why not go for the gusto, live some "glory days" in front of family and friends and take a shot at getting his name on a couple of Grey Cups, instead of wasting his time chasing some extra coin around on the fringes of NFL P.R.'s and promptly fading into obscurity?

I'm a 22 year old guy pulling in 144,000 fish US for 20 weeks on a practice squad?

Three things I'm thinking about: 1) the choin 2) the big leagues 3) babes

Three things I'm not thinking about: 1) Grey Cups 2) fading into obscurity 3) improving my unicycle skills

I'm sure my family will understand.