3 stars + HH Heart stopping OT edition

wbbfan

Yeah I hope that was just a one off with Poop sitting. I think swapping him with Lankford for a game or two would be better option. Flanders, Thorpe and fogg can give us the same thing he is on teams.

His returns seem tentative last 4 or 5 games..doesn't hit it like he should..not sure if the fumble got in his head or he really got popped on a return but he doesn't seem to want to hit the holes or burst upfield like a dangerous returner should

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah I hope that was just a one off with Poop sitting. I think swapping him with Lankford for a game or two would be better option. Flanders, Thorpe and fogg can give us the same thing he is on teams.

His returns seem tentative last 4 or 5 games..doesn't hit it like he should..not sure if the fumble got in his head or he really got popped on a return but he doesn't seem to want to hit the holes or burst upfield like a dangerous returner should

One trick pony on the returns. Test contain up the sideline.  Rarely runs into the wedge or uses the wedge to find space into the middle.  Rest of the league has just figured it out.  Sucks on punts.  Can't keep a guy on the roster for kickoffs IMO. Play well and you won't be returning many kickoffs.

Decent receiver but limited route runner.  All speed.

Randle - legit top 3 DB in the league who never gets respect. He should get a CFL performer of the week, no doubt in ny mind now.
Denmark- 2 TD's, one in overtime by a hair. Clutch. 
Medlock: Money. Ice in the guys veins. When the game is on the line no one in Manitoba is closing their eyes and having their fingers crossed. We EXPECT him to nail it.

HH: JFG. Clutch catch in heavy traffic for an important first down and a TD.

Tbh, I don't fully understand the concept of the happy honker but whatevs. yolo

Edited by Judd

6 minutes ago, Judd said:

Randle - legit top 3 DB in the league who never gets respect. He should get a CFL performer of the week, no doubt in ny mind now.
Denmark- 2 TD's, one in overtime by a hair. Clutch. 
Medlock: Money. Ice in the guys veins. When the game is on the line no one in Manitoba is closing their eyes and having their fingers crossed. We EXPECT him to nail it.

HH: JFG. Clutch catch in heavy traffic for an important first down and a TD.

Tbh, I don't fully understand the concept of the happy honker but whatevs yolo

if you weren't alive in the 80's you wouldn't know what the Happy Honker award was.  I used to think it was so awesome when I was a kid.  Thousands of people honking in unison.

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I thought Lankford had a lot of hustle tonight.  

Denmark also showed why we shouldn't just cut him.  

Why the hell would you cut Denmark?  How is it even in the realm of thought?  He's our second best slot receiver and our best one is injured.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

10 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

if you weren't alive in the 80's you wouldn't know what the Happy Honker award was.  I used to think it was so awesome when I was a kid.  Thousands of people honking in unison.

Born in 1991, I've never witnessed a Grey Cup. 26 years of just total dissappointment, mon ami

Edited by Judd

jack.jpg   

Well friends, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers marched into La Belle Province tonight trying to get to 7 wins by the halfway mark of the season for the first time since the halcyon days of Kahari Jones (editor's note, actually they were 7-1 back in 2011), and more importantly to keep pace with the leaders in the Western conference heading into the Labour Day weekend. And despite the temptations of St. Laurent street, which has led more than one young player astray in the wee hours of the morning, the Bombers showed no ill effects as they jumped out to a 10-0 lead before the teams switched sides for the first time. But as we have come to expect with this team, nothing comes easy for them, and close games that come down to the wire are as predictable for them as it is to hear Nick Hill saying "Come ooooon down" during our commercial breaks. So it was no surprise to see the Alouettes storm back and tie the game up with a last second field goal to send us into overtime all evened up. But a little extra football never hurt anyone, and the Bombers got the job done when they needed to, and it all turned out nice again.

Now as is the custom after a game, I bestow the Happy Honker award on a player that in my mind is the most deserving of it. Now as you know, the Happy Honker ward does not usually go to the best player in the game, but is given to that player who did something just that little extra special, that made you stand up and take notice, that maybe made an impact on that one play. And for 60 minutes it looked like that player who was going to receive the Happy Honker Award was special teamer Ryan Langford, who ran down Stefan Logan when it looked like he was going to return kick all the way for a touchdown, which of course led to Maurice Leggett corralling a fumble 2 plays later and the All came away with nothing when it looked like they might get 7, and with the game going to overtime, those lost points certainly cost Montreal.

But the game did not end after 60 minutes, and so the Happy Honker does not stop there. We got an extra game, 2 extra games in fact, and therefore this Happy Honker is all about 2. In the first extra session, on down number 2 at the opposition 10 yard line. Matt Nicholas hit Clarence Denmark, who 95% percent of people may want to get rid of when the Bombers sign Derel Walker, or so I have read, and Denmark made a great grab, changed hands with the ball, and stretched over the goal line falling down for touchdown number 2 on the night, and that was a touchdown the Bombers absolutely needed to keep their hopes alive in the end, so that is Happy Honker #1. But as I said, this Award is all about 2, so there is a second Happy Honker tonight. In overtime #2, Darian Durant threw a pass over the middle but failed to see Chris Randle cutting across the field, and Randle made a beautiful play to get interception #2 on the night, and all that was left was for Justin Medlock to kick yet another game winning field goal to send the Bomber fans off happily into the night, and with it 2 points for the Bombers in the standings. So my 2 Happy Honker Awards tonight go to Clarence Denmark and Chris Randle, for 2 big plays on 2 overtime drives that gave the Bombers 2 big points.

Incredible gift you have TrueBlue4ever. Excellent touch to add the photo of Cactus. 

The halcyon days and Nick Hill references bust me. 

Your choices are spot on. How many Sidecars did you indulge to create this superb reproduction? 

Edited by Rod Black

7 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

One trick pony on the returns. Test contain up the sideline.  Rarely runs into the wedge or uses the wedge to find space into the middle.  Rest of the league has just figured it out.  Sucks on punts.  Can't keep a guy on the roster for kickoffs IMO. Play well and you won't be returning many kickoffs.

Decent receiver but limited route runner.  All speed.

Not sure if it would factor into the decision, but on the radio they were mentioning Lankford is actually also our backup punter.

6 hours ago, Judd said:

Born in 1991, I've never witness a Grey Cup. 26 years of just total dissappointment, mon ami

Born in '89 so I was technically around when they last won, but I can relate to your plight.