Biggest Rivalry in the CFL: Regina Winnipeg

BigBlue

19 hours ago, tracker said:

I heard an interview with Ian Wild today.He said that the Bombers defence is going to "simplify"their game. Whaaat???? i thought it was pretty darned vanilla last year.

I'm a firm believer in simplification. Do just a few things but do them extremely well. Put the pressure on your opponent to try and stop you. Then it becomes a battle of wills. Strongest one wins.

On 06/26/2017 at 5:48 PM, 17to85 said:

Don't give Jones too much credit, the Riders refuse to run the ball, they want to pass almost all the time. 

The book on Glenn is simple, pressure him and he goes away, so just get a push up front and it won't matter who they're lining up at receiver over there. 

A Reason why I'm excited to see what our revamped D line can do.

Reading on Riderfans how some posters actually believe that they have a better O-line than the Bombers, which they consider weak-mediocre.  Totally myopic fan base, so engrossed with their own team and "Hillbilly Jones Medicine Show" that they know virtually nothing about any other team in the league.  Just makes it all the easier to hate them and pile on.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Reading on Riderfans how some posters actually believe that they have a better O-line than the Bombers, which they consider weak-mediocre.  Totally myopic fan base, so engrossed with their own team and "Hillbilly Jones Medicine Show" that they know virtually nothing about any other team in the league.  Just makes it all the easier to hate them and pile on.

it is frightening how blinded they are to their own inadequacies and feel like they are so superior.  I don't get how a team that flopped so hard last season and barely changed anything from said last season is supposed to be better then a team that 180'd and had a pretty dang good season and record..

I get they hate us.. but I am beginning to think its they hate us because they ain't us  :D

It's not even their fault, either....it's just how the Rider "fan" culture is out there. They listen to SportsCage on CKRM or the other one outta Saskatoon.....they listen to all the various talk radio shows (there are many in that province) and just accept what they're being told, for better or worse, and that forms their opinion. It really and truly is a cult, and the people there have zero ability to think for themselves. They watch the games, but they don't really know what exactly they're watching...."Winning = Great game, Riders!" "Losing = Bad game, Riders!" with absolutely no middle ground there, and no nuance........it's really jarring when you first experience/realize what's going on out there.

pretty big blow in general to their ratio. As where would they put a Canadian starter if they chose to go Import at MLB?

Their total lack of Canadian depth..heck their lack of top tier Canadian starting talent in general will rear it's ugly head in week 2....yikes

All I could see is start a dinged up Bagg in lieu of one of the import receivers, or Blazdeck  on o-line. If they start T. Campbell in defensive backfield then they are really hurting

1 hour ago, Mike said:

One of them called Bond mediocre this morning.

:lol:

Wait really? 

I mean I know it's foreign territory for all of us, but I have a hard time finding a better offensive line than the Bombers anywhere in the CFL. They're definitely in the top grouping of OLs. Who is the weakest player on the OL? Goosen? Pretty good ******* problem to have. 

Can somebody please tell me why our secondary is considered "weak"? 

Randle has proven his worth over the years and despite injuries his level of play has not decreased. Heath is regarded as one of the best in the game. Loffler may just be the best safety in the league. Johnson although some have picked on makes the roster and starts year after year. Fogg had some good games last year and should only improve. 

The riders are starting Jovon Johnston... 

Seems like we have some decent depth too... and with increased pressure from the line we should be okay...

knock on wood

16 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Can somebody please tell me why our secondary is considered "weak"?

We had all those picks and turnovers but our bend-but-don't break scheme gave up a ton of passing yards, either the worst or the second worst in the CFL last year. (in points allowed, we were middle-of-the-pack)

28 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Wait really? 

I mean I know it's foreign territory for all of us, but I have a hard time finding a better offensive line than the Bombers anywhere in the CFL. They're definitely in the top grouping of OLs. Who is the weakest player on the OL? Goosen? Pretty good ******* problem to have. 

it literally bottles the mind how they can come to the conclusions they do at times..

9 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

just to further add to the Henoc situation

If he was able to return today I don't think it's too serious, and him leaving again might just be precautionary. but in any case leaving 2 days in a row must be concerning none the less with only 2 and a half days till kick off

and at the very least, it means (to me anyway) they are going to be susceptible to the run due to Muamba not being 100 or having to fill in with some other LB that isn't ready.. 

win win.

22 minutes ago, Booch said:

Agreed...I would say we have the best O-line and thats not being a homer.

They seriously believe over there that they have a solid deep O-line and a crazy good D-line...how they see that I just don't know

yea we have built a damn good o-line with a solid mix of youth, strength and depth.  how anyone can consider it weak (especially Bond, who imo completely turned our line around when he was inserted) defies common sense.   I guess we will have to wait til the end of the season for the tale of the tape.