Biggest Rivalry in the CFL: Regina Winnipeg

BigBlue

The Bomber secondary may or may not be vulnerable to an aggressive passing attack. The Rider receivers look to be pretty good and last season was not a good one for the Bomber secondary overall, but Kevin Glenn should not strike fear into the hearts of the Bomber defence. Still, I am still suspicious of Richie Hall's coaching.

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

We were 2nd or at worst 3rd best in points given up last year..so kind of discredits too that we were weak..sure we gave up yards but generally kept teams off the board better than most 

Didn't you know that was only because of all of the turnovers that we aren't going to be able to get again this year?

35 minutes ago, tracker said:

The Bomber secondary may or may not be vulnerable to an aggressive passing attack. The Rider receivers look to be pretty good and last season was not a good one for the Bomber secondary overall, but Kevin Glenn should not strike fear into the hearts of the Bomber defence. Still, I am still suspicious of Richie Hall's coaching.

They intercepted a boatload of balls. The issue was the pash rush, which led to opposing QBs getting lots of time to make their reads, which led to a lot of yards given up through the air. Hopefully, the pass rush is vastly improved this season and that should only benefit a ball-hawking secondary.

It's Kevin Glenn in game one for Winnipeg, I mean come on, he is going to complete a lot of short **** against us, but he's also going to soft serve up some passes that will get picked off, it's just what he does at this stage in his career. So I expect the Bombers to give up lots of yards but to take the ball away and not give up as many points as the stats might lead one to believe. 

Man if it's Judge they are hooped....well they are with Francis too actually

But Judge wasn't starter material in University, has had a week to get into game shape..CFL game shape that is plus learn the nuances of the Canadian game...be able to recognize things under fire, get used to angles, benchmarks..a lot of the little things most don't realize coming from U.S ball to Canadian ball?? 

Good luck with that.

And if Jones does start him over Francis it truly shows how clueless he is.  

Now, as 17to85 and I were just discussing, I wanna believe this is going to be an awesome beat down by the Bombers, but there's still that little part of me that's a Bombers fan who's seen some **** over the years, and has seen this exact situation bite us in the ass before. Games we should win handily, and still we find a way to lose, because we can't have nice things.....

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Man if it's Judge they are hooped....well they are with Francis too actually

But Judge wasn't starter material in University, has had a week to get into game shape..CFL game shape that is plus learn the nuances of the Canadian game...be able to recognize things under fire, get used to angles, benchmarks..a lot of the little things most don't realize coming from U.S ball to Canadian ball?? 

Good luck with that.

And if Jones does start him over Francis it truly shows how clueless he is.  

Who do they even have in the middle if it's not going to be Muamba?

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Now, as 17to85 and I were just discussing, I wanna believe this is going to be an awesome beat down by the Bombers, but there's still that little part of me that's a Bombers fan who's seen some **** over the years, and has seen this exact situation bite us in the ass before. Games we should win handily, and still we find a way to lose, because we can't have nice things.....

I get the cautious approach,  but honestly I would be feeding the ball to Harris all day long (with 1 td toss to denmark so I avoid a 2nd strike in the lock of the week)

hell i'd even throw a dual run threat of Harris and Flanders just to gas the defence by half

Just now, Booch said:

I don't think they have a true Middle Linebacker type to be honest.

I guess it's either Judge or Bartlett.

I don't see a MLB type on their practice roster either. Muamba being hurt is probably the worst possible injury they could have right now.

Forgot about Bartlett, but he is in the same boat as Judge, and truthfully they aren't starts in the waiting anyway.

Judge was a wasted 2nd over all pick if you ask me...he should have been a late 2nd rounder at best...measurables are just that...measurables

I wouldn't use a first rounder on a career special teams guy who only had 48 tackles total of his 47 game career.

A true ST terror would have had at least 3x that