Regular Season - Bomber News, Developments & Speculation

BigBlue

Just now, TheSource said:

Yes, this is the type of receiver that fits in well with what LaPolice likes to run - 5 yard outs or hook plays to the middle all day long...

Nothing wrong with that though. Joe Pop made a living catching shorter routes in traffic. Addison Richards should get unloaded pretty soon if this guy signs to go along with Blasko. It's about time.

We should be able to get a nearly-full McDonald's coffee card for him.

CFL.ca writers picks this weekend

WPG @ SSK

The Bombers were 10-3 in games Matt Nichols started last season and now, heading into a clean slate, the second-year Bomber will look to back it up and prove he’s an elite quarterback.

A trip to Regina to open the new Mosaic Stadium will be a test for the Blue and Gold, who open their season in a hornets nest. With the Riders coming off a game they feel they should have won, look for a very inspired effort from Chris Jones’ club on Canada Day.

Pick
Writers:  86% Saskatchewan
Fans: 51% Winnipeg

???:lol:

“We’ve continued to practice running to the ball, stripping the ball. The ball-hawking that we did last year will come. It’s not out of the question that we can’t do it again.”

Taylor Lofler

(its a confusing way to state his case - but the meaning is there)

Edited by Mr Dee

10 minutes ago, Mark F said:

WPG @ SSK

The Bombers were 10-3 in games Matt Nichols started last season and now, heading into a clean slate, the second-year Bomber will look to back it up and prove he’s an elite quarterback.

A trip to Regina to open the new Mosaic Stadium will be a test for the Blue and Gold, who open their season in a hornets nest. With the Riders coming off a game they feel they should have won, look for a very inspired effort from Chris Jones’ club on Canada Day.

Pick

I mean at this point I think i respect the people on various message boards opinions more than that of the media so....

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

“We’ve continued to practice running to the ball, stripping the ball. The ball-hawking that we did last year will come. It’s not out of the question that we can’t do it again.”

Taylor Lofler

(its a confusing way to state his case - but the meaning is there)

That's great, but I'd prefer it if that was not "Plan A"...

"Plan A" should be to stop the offensive player from making the play.

Stripping the ball or picking off the next pass needs to be considered "Plan B".

Edited by TheSource

2 minutes ago, TheSource said:

That's great, but I'd prefer it if that was not "Plan A"...

"Plan A" should be to stop the defender from making the play.

Stripping the ball or picking off the next pass needs to be considered "Plan B".

I think you are looking to far in to the quote.. Obviously plan A is stop them from making a play but in football... The other team sometimes makes plays.. No team goes 2 and out with zero yards all game. 

Just now, Goalie said:

I think you are looking to far in to the quote.. Obviously plan A is stop them from making a play but in football... The other team sometimes makes plays.. No team goes 2 and out with zero yards all game. 

Also, if there is one player that you don't mind thinking about making that big hit first, that player would be Lofler.

You gotta love the physical way he plays - Old School

There used to be a Canadian safety named Scott Flagel...

When are the plans for the Grey Cup parade being announced....wholly cow guys aren't we being a bit optimistic? I realize we all have eyes on the Blue and Gold but to think that the other teams in the league have just stood pat and done nothing is not a good thing. Yes we may have improved; yes we have a solid OL; yes we have two very good running back and yes we some good QBs. I personally believe until proven otherwise that is where our improvements end. We had Loffler middle to end of last year; we had Heath middle to end of last year; we had Legget pretty much all year and we had Hurl at middle LB flanked by Wild and Legget. Our DL was supposed to be good as is this one but what happened, a huge pile of yards against.....we couldn't stop a pop warner football team when it really counted....the end of the game with a slim lead.

Now I'm not being a naysayer simply that don't get your hopes too high. Review the yardage given up during the exhibition games. While I do understand it was exhibition, our number 1 defense was playing the first half of the last game and look what happened. It was only when the second and third string players got on the field that we started to hold them off until.....you guessed it the end of the game and we couldn't stop anything.

So in a nutshell, while we can all be optimistic, I would caution about too much optimism. Overlook Sask, and I'm not a sask fan, and we will be hanging our heads guaranteed. Remember OShea painted the same picture last year;  such an improvement on D and we had Willie and a great OC. Look where that got us until he finally heard the fans, or at least someone in the Bomber organization heard them and then and only then did we seem to make forward progress. Let's all hope that continues this season but at the same time let's not look at it with rose coloured glasses.

Go Bombers Go

29 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

When are the plans for the Grey Cup parade being announced....wholly cow guys aren't we being a bit optimistic? I realize we all have eyes on the Blue and Gold but to think that the other teams in the league have just stood pat and done nothing is not a good thing. Yes we may have improved; yes we have a solid OL; yes we have two very good running back and yes we some good QBs. I personally believe until proven otherwise that is where our improvements end. We had Loffler middle to end of last year; we had Heath middle to end of last year; we had Legget pretty much all year and we had Hurl at middle LB flanked by Wild and Legget. Our DL was supposed to be good as is this one but what happened, a huge pile of yards against.....we couldn't stop a pop warner football team when it really counted....the end of the game with a slim lead.

Now I'm not being a naysayer simply that don't get your hopes too high. Review the yardage given up during the exhibition games. While I do understand it was exhibition, our number 1 defense was playing the first half of the last game and look what happened. It was only when the second and third string players got on the field that we started to hold them off until.....you guessed it the end of the game and we couldn't stop anything.

So in a nutshell, while we can all be optimistic, I would caution about too much optimism. Overlook Sask, and I'm not a sask fan, and we will be hanging our heads guaranteed. Remember OShea painted the same picture last year;  such an improvement on D and we had Willie and a great OC. Look where that got us until he finally heard the fans, or at least someone in the Bomber organization heard them and then and only then did we seem to make forward progress. Let's all hope that continues this season but at the same time let's not look at it with rose coloured glasses.

Go Bombers Go

11-7 says we must have been doing a few things right.  When I read stuff like this, it's like we were 6-12 last year.  We were a good team in 2016, and I think we're better than we were at this time last year.  Did the other teams in the west improve as much? We will see.

to think if we didn't play Willy for the first 5 games,  we could have had an even better record!

Can't see the bombers losing this one. We have a better QB. better RB, better OL, better DL, better Secondary and better ST.  I think we might have a better LB unit too, but they definitely have a better MLB,  i think Wild and Leggett tho are better than their SAM and WIL.

I give them the edge in receiver but Adams, Dressler, and Denmark should be enough to exploit their secondary. 

Only thing stopping us from a win is how we come out of the gate. We will see if the week off was truly an advantage (rest) or a Curse (rust)

Just now, WBBFanWest said:

11-7 says we must have been doing a few things right.  When I read stuff like this, it's like we were 6-12 last year.  We were a good team in 2016, and I think we're better than we were at this time last year.  Did the other teams in the west improve as much? We will see.

I think it would be more accurate to say that we became a good team last year after we deep-sixed Willy and upgraded the O-line, and none too soon, either. I would be very happy if we trounced the Riders on Saturday, but I will not be desolate if we lose. It is still the first game of the year for the Big Blue and those are often weird. A good effort is mandatory, though and if our secondary gets torched again, I will not be happy. And, Mr. Hurl- eyes are on you.

29 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Hurl might have a good matchup against Cam Marshall. I dont think he is an elite RB.

interesting.. I thought opposite because Hurl can't stop anyone in their tracks. Marshall is the perfect type of back to drag him for that extra 2 yards every time. But Mcadoo's O tends to throw the ball 90% of the time so maybe its a nonfactor

32 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I felt the same way going into the season but thought he looked really good in week one.

Montreal's DL is not as strong as it used to be.. they have Sholo playing at one DT spot..go figure...  and they have a rookie MLB.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

WPG @ SSK

Pick

6 of 7 CFL writers on cfl.ca have picked the Riders to win?!?! Based on what? Nonsense? I feel like im taking crazy pills.

38 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

6 of 7 CFL writers on cfl.ca have picked the Riders to win?!?! Based on what? Nonsense? I feel like im taking crazy pills.

Totally emotional. They all want to believe in Jones because they all lauded the hiring by Saskatchewan. And, they're opening the new stadium. 

1. The media does not believe in the Blue Bombers since they attribute our success solely to the turnovers and they feel we will not do that again.

2. They feel that the Riders will get a boost with the opening of Mosaic.

3. Thus they think something like, Winnipeg isnt good, the Riders are at home, new stadium, sell out crown, so the Riders win.