Regular Season - Bomber News, Developments & Speculation

BigBlue

12 hours ago, yogi said:

All the predictions for Sask to win seem more based on their new stadium than their team. Stadiums don't score touchdowns people....

I would assume that the thought process was that the fans will be loud and the players will be playing with a lot of emotion.

I could understand if the team was close knit and have been together for a few years and were a well oiled unit.     If anything the emotions and the complete lack of control by the coach would make me think that the odds of the Riders self destructing and taking poor penalties is much higher.

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

I would assume that the thought process was that the fans will be loud and the players will be playing with a lot of emotion.

I could understand if the team was close knit and have been together for a few years and were a well oiled unit.     If anything the emotions and the complete lack of control by the coach would make me think that the odds of the Riders self destructing and taking poor penalties is much higher.

you would think so but based off Glenns presser,

If their starting QB doesn't see this as a huge game to set a precedent, and give the fans something to cheer about... That's the wrong guy to lead a team struggling to find itself an identity.

Glenn truly is the real life version of

Image result for droopy dog playing football

Yea a pretty weak and Kevin Glenn type thing to say.

Exactly why he has never been a winner, a guy to put his team on his back and go through walls for and basically just been a middling type QB with decent number's just due to longevity

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Judd said:

Didn't green suck? 

not terribly. He was decent enough but wasn't going to see action with us bringing in ogopogo and Jeffcoat. Now with Oggie down for 6 games, why not bring in someone familiar with how we roll.

2 hours ago, Judd said:

Didn't green suck? 

Not really, Green just became yesterday's sandwich, so they replaced him with a fresher one.  Only time will tell if Jeffcoat is better.

Green (6-3, 265, Miami, July 9, 1991 in Tifton, GA) spent last season with Winnipeg, playing in 13 games and recording 22 defensive tackles, three sacks and one interception.

2 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Calgary just brought back Ben D'Aguila who was released in mid-June. Is that a Joe Mack move too?

D'aguilar is a bit more than a TC cut... he's been there for five years...  

A Joe Mack move would be drafting a 5'6 DB instead of D'Aguilar and then cutting him.

3 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Calgary just brought back Ben D'Aguila who was released in mid-June. Is that a Joe Mack move too?

It's different for Canadians, especially veteran Canadians.  But by all means get your swords out because I was less than complimentary of a move.

The CFL is in fine shape today:

TORONTO — The Canadian Football League (CFL) announced today:

Toronto Argonauts linebacker Marcus Ball was fined for an inappropriate gesture in the game against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Thursday.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers offensive lineman Matthias Goossen was fined for an unnecessary hit to a vulnerable player (Jeffrey Finley) in the game against the Toronto Argonauts.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers defensive tackle Cory Johnson was fined for a high hit on Toronto Argonauts quarterback Ricky Ray.

Calgary Stampeders running back Jerome Messam was fined for grabbing Montreal Alouettes linebacker Chip Cox’s facemask in a reckless and unsafe manner.

Ottawa REDBLACKS defensive lineman Avery Ellis was fined for a high hit on Edmonton Eskimos quarterback Mike Reilly.

As per league policy, the amount of the player fines was not disclosed.

I guess we all knew that fine was coming for Goosen and Johnson. 

Meh, it was worth it..

Edited by Mr Dee