Regular Season - Bomber News, Developments & Speculation

BigBlue

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

#Bombers release National LB Nehemie Kankolongo, who was signed and played two games while Jesse Briggs was out with an injury.

That was quick, noticed Kankolongo on the sidelines but didn't see him on the field.

maybe someone else is on the way? at this point of the season I can't see releases without equal additions

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Who knows, Johnson is coming off the 6 game so they would have had to make room for him.

Johnson still has a week to go plus hes american. The LB was canadian and was signed when Briggs was hurt and released when Briggs isnt hurt anymore. 1 +1 = The CDN briggs takes the Canadian LB Kankolongo spot... Who only had that spot cuz Briggs was hurt

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If Wolidarski keeps showing well in practice (as per the Twitters earlier this week...) that can't be good for AR's prospects.....

wonder if we could offer him up as trade bait? shame his sample size is so small..  or who knows, maybe hes into next year project territory already..

sigh.

1 minute ago, SPuDS said:

wonder if we could offer him up as trade bait? shame his sample size is so small..  or who knows, maybe hes into next year project territory already..

sigh.

I'd like to see Richards finally get a real shot before discarding him but that would probably have to wait until JFG is injured for a few games.  It appears Coates is above him on the depth chart as well.

37 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

It's not likely, but wouldn't it be a huge middle finger to all the naysayers if we could feature 2 NI starting receivers in the lineup when injuries take their toll?

I still think if worst comes to the worst, we can always put Harris at SB (in place of Lankford atm) and have Flanders as RB.  Harris is currently on pace for 1073 yards receiving 

Richards is one step away from going out the door...How the hell we kept him around this long boggles the mind...How many games did he dress???Worse than that how many days since we signed him was he healthy and game ready??? I know the answers and they add up to pathetic... The way we stuck with this bust of a pic is one Bomber management should really take a hard look at, then ask themselves if that's the way a team looking for championship handles things...Bloody amazing...Demski is a free agent in 18'...I hope we can bring him home and make up for the colossal Richards failure

On 03/08/2017 at 0:02 PM, Noeller said:

If Wolidarski keeps showing well in practice (as per the Twitters earlier this week...) that can't be good for AR's prospects.....

We won't win a Cup again until we have at least one Canadian receiver whose last name ends with "ski".

12 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Richards is one step away from going out the door...How the hell we kept him around this long boggles the mind...How many games did he dress???Worse than that how many days since we signed him was he healthy and game ready??? I know the answers and they add up to pathetic... The way we stuck with this bust of a pic is one Bomber management should really take a hard look at, then ask themselves if that's the way a team looking for championship handles things...Bloody amazing...Demski is a free agent in 18'...I hope we can bring him home and make up for the colossal Richards failure

Well, how in the hell could we release him? Being injured is never a good sign for any draft pick. It limits both the player and the team that drafts him. Maybe that's it for the kid. Maybe not, but wouldn't you really like to know if he had something to begin with?

Keeping him around was never a problem for the Blue until now. Maybe now there is a replacementski, but it really was only the fan base that complained about him. And for no reason. Can you imagine the hue and cry if we had released him too early and he went on to better things? 

No, his time will come, one way or the other.

Just now, Mr Dee said:

Well, how in the hell could we release him? Being injured is never a good sign for any draft pick. It limits both the player and the team that drafts him. Maybe that's it for the kid. Maybe not, but wouldn't you really like to know if he had something to begin with?

Keeping him around was never a problem for the Blue until now. Maybe now there is a replacementski, but it really was only the fan base that complained about him. And for no reason. Can you imagine the hue and cry if we had released him too early and he went on to better things? 

No, his time will come, one way or the other.

well said.  it really hasn't adversely effected our roster or cap so why people are bent out of shape for him getting perennially injured escapes me.  Sure, it sucks.   Im sure it sucks even worse for him.   He had a very good college career from all indicators so I'm willing to bet Walters and O'shea want to see if he has what they thought he has still.   Will he ever get to showcase himself?  who knows.  I'd have thought so but if hes PR'd now, its either next season territory or emergency recall I'd think..

14 minutes ago, yogi said:

So many CFL draft picks, including numerous 1st and 2nd rounders, have careers mirroring Richards. I don't understand the obsession and vitriol towards Richards on this site and the other. It's pathetic. 

Because of Jade Etienne and making the same mistake twice....