PreSeason Game 1 vs Rider Depth Chart

Jpan85

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Can't think which is more depressing - the OB post game show or Ekakitie's pre-game interview 

On the bright side, our QB stats are way better than Drew Willy's

Lachison might have something, heard Knox name a couple times...

temple and kyle knox each put up 1 tackle and combined to get 1 great qb hurry early. santos-knox had a few really good plays though. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

temple and kyle knox each put up 1 tackle and combined to get 1 great qb hurry early. santos-knox had a few really good plays though. 

Only the stuff against Bridge counts...  Bennett sucks and I think that's when Santos-Knox was playing

Edit:  Thats another thing we learned - Danny Mac still has not successfully scouted a QB

Edited by Floyd

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Only the stuff against Bridge counts...  Bennett sucks and I think that's when Santos-Knox was playing

bridge played first series in the 4th qt and the bulk of santos knox plays were 2nd and 3rd. Its pre season, and first week of it at that. It all counts you can lose your job in the 4th qt of a pre season game. Its preseason, it is what it is. But its worth more then TC. especially the current state of TC rules. 

Edited by wbbfan

Nichols looked pretty blah for the most part. Davis wanted to run around more than pass by looks of it, he was basically just holding onto the ball too long. Rookie confidence thing I figure. Davis is athletic and didn't look too bad, didn't do a lot but never hurt you. Lefevour by far looked the best of the Bomber qb's. He was calm and steady. I've bashed Lefevour a lot, but he played pretty good, definitely looked like the solid number 2 qb on your team.

Flanders looked good. Langford drops the ball right in his hands. I don't know about that guy, he makes plays and then just shuts his brain off at times too. On another rider punt he took it to the house, it was called back on a offside against the bombers.

40 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Flanders looked good. Langford drops the ball right in his hands. I don't know about that guy, he makes plays and then just shuts his brain off at times too. On another rider punt he took it to the house, it was called back on a offside against the bombers.

Hobson put a video up of his "fumble" the riders were like 1-2 yards off him. Fumble was 100% not on him. (credit to throw long bannatyne for the video) Like his talent, if he is hungry and motivated like denmark was last year he could be a keeper. 

How excited are you guys about bridge right now? Sounded like he did every thing you could ask and for a good part of the game too. 

How can you have highlights in a pre-season game? Well, any good play is a highlight, I would suppose. Piece by piece, I guess we'll get some good info.

-That Menard-Briere tackle to save a TD was monstrous. Here's a young guy from the CIS, be damned if that Rider was going to score on him, the last man back..?‍?

-The Bombers ran a few candidates through the linebacker spots, including Knox, Temple, Kyrie Wilson and Julian Santos-Knox. Nobody popped off the page, although Santos-Knox did recover a fumble and lead all linebackers with three tackles. -Ed Tait

-the Bombers used a number of imports all night up front and making arguably the biggest impressions were Cory ‘Poop’ Johnson and Padric Scott, both of whom pushed their way into the backfield on occasion -Ed Tait

-I guess it's safe to assume that the QB angst we've experienced over the years has reached an all time low. We'll be solid at that position..?‍?

-Langford? For real? ?‍?

-not-so-Goodman? No highlights of that ejection...We'll see by MOS's actions about his future as a Bomber.?‍?

-Roberson giving Flanders a run for his money?

-Young Yachison having a presence..?‍?

-a lot of players listed as having played defence..I would expect cuts before the mandatory cut-down date of June 17...?‍?

-thanks to all who posted highlights. They were tantalizing, in the sense that we got to see those fantastic unis being used in a live game..

-I suppose you could call it a fitting end to a pre-season game - a tie..

We'll beat them when it counts.

28 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Anyone else getting the vibe that Vince Young being out is just a ruse so the Bombers don't have any film on him for the season opener on Canada Day?

Not a ruse but an excuse.

An excuse by the team; so that when they cut his sorry ass, they (and he) can claim his release is injury related and not due to poor play.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

1 minute ago, Eternal optimist said:

I'm just saying it's happened before where a new QB looks superhuman against a few teams because there's no film for the D to study. I guess the general consensus is that Bridge was going to start anyways.

Forget the name Vince Young. This would be like the bombers starting Apodaca week 1. 

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

Anyone else getting the vibe that Vince Young being out is just a ruse so the Bombers don't have any film on him for the season opener on Canada Day?

So what you are possibly believing is that the Rider's have a qb (Vince Young), who by all reports has struggled in training camp and has zero CFL game experience, and they are going to pass on an opportunity to evaluate him and have him gain CFL game experience...they will then start another qb (presumably Glenn) in their season opener "so the Bombers don't have any film on him" and then trot him out on Canada Day like he is some sort of secret weapon?

Normally I would say, lol, fan forums!...but Chris Jones is running their show so I find this perfectly logical. 

53 minutes ago, Steve Fanitage said:

So what you are possibly believing is that the Rider's have a qb (Vince Young), who by all reports has struggled in training camp and has zero CFL game experience, and they are going to pass on an opportunity to evaluate him and have him gain CFL game experience...they will then start another qb (presumably Glenn) in their season opener "so the Bombers don't have any film on him" and then trot him out on Canada Day like he is some sort of secret weapon?

Normally I would say, lol, fan forums!...but Chris Jones is running their show so I find this perfectly logical. 

but....you just don't understand....Jones is operating on a level so much above MOS and the other coaches in the league that they just can not comprehend the brilliance of the man.  He is so smart it's scary.

28 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

but....you just don't understand....Jones is operating on a level so much above MOS and the other coaches in the league that they just can not comprehend the brilliance of the man.  He is so smart it's scary.

exactly hes the jayden smith of the cfl. :lol:

5 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I'm just saying it's happened before where a new QB looks superhuman against a few teams because there's no film for the D to study. I guess the general consensus is that Bridge was going to start anyways.

Except Young has looked mostly terrible all TC before getting injured. No way Jones is dumb enough to think not playing him in a pre-season game is in some way advantageous to the first regular season tilt.

32 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Except Young has looked mostly terrible all TC before getting injured. No way Jones is dumb enough to think not playing him in a pre-season game is in some way advantageous to the first regular season tilt.

I disagree, its Chris Jones. The man who brought you Jordan Reaves from WR to DE, and Kevin Francis from WR to S -LB. You can't limit how crazy he is.