PreSeason Game 1 vs Rider Depth Chart

Jpan85

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Looks like 33k will be there. I imagine the crowd won't be that loud as everyone will be just checking things out.  Busing in and out of stadium will be a gong show, parking is issue right now at stadium. Likely will be all year till old stadium is tore down

It took us a while to sort out the traffic issues around the new Bomber playpen, so do not expect a quick fix.

15 hours ago, tracker said:

It took us a while to sort out the traffic issues around the new Bomber playpen, so do not expect a quick fix.

I have parking pass so doesn't matter to me. But its crappy for a lot of people that come to Regina from out of town for the games

Just now, rebusrankin said:

I'm hoping we knock Bennett around, pick off a few from him etc.

Because Bennett is relatively new to the CFL, I would think that the Bomber game plan would be to blitz him early and often, so a hurry would be as good as a sack.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

Because Bennett is relatively new to the CFL, I would think that the Bomber game plan would be to blitz him early and often, so a hurry would be as good as a sack.

Bridge is starting for us with the ones. Bennett will be in later on.

Just now, Ripper said:

Today is a big day for Bridge. I think he better show something or he ends up 3rd or gone

Yup. I keep hoping for another Russ Jackson, but the deck seems to be stacked against homegrown pivots. I would love to see a position reserved for NI quarterbacks that did not count against the roster or salary cap so as to give time for development.

46 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Today is a big day for Bridge. I think he better show something or he ends up 3rd or gone

Bridge showed flashes with the Als. I thought Riders were smart to snag him. Bennett too has all the physical tools. It'll be good to see how both of them respond under the lights.

Finally, GAME DAY!!!!   We will have to listen to it on radio but that's not so bad. Just like old times and Bob does make it interesting

A double double of football = Cleaning their clock and having a listen to CKRM once is a while.

Go Bombers!!!!!     Mince meat time

2 hours ago, tracker said:

In the regular season I would agree, but I'm not sure we're showing off our blitzes in the first preaseason game.

17 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

In the regular season I would agree, but I'm not sure we're showing off our blitzes in the first preaseason game.

Not totally sure about that... I'd love to see Knox/Temple/Corney's ability to get in the backfield.

Especially if it is Rider's starting OL - is the depth chart up?

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Not totally sure about that... I'd love to see Knox/Temple/Corney's ability to get in the backfield.

Especially if it is Rider's starting OL - is the depth chart up?

Yeah it's on the first page of this thread.  Looks like their starting OL will play but probably for a similar amount of time as our own.

21 hours ago, tracker said:

Your new stadium is beautiful despite all the jokes about it resembling a porcelain fixture and is so much better than the old Taylor/Mosaic Field, but it will take time to develop character and attachment. We will settle for beating up Bennett and Bridge.

Yeah its gonna be a huge improvement especially once they figure out traffic. Its great for the league to get nice new digs as well. Some of the venues 20 years ago were real poop shacks.