Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

10 hours ago, wbbfan said:

i dont put much faith in lawless reporting salaries, but then he also reported lower salaries in the post. do you think they doubled collaros salary in the middle of the season when he was hurt and locked up?

Why not?  I don't recall Lawless ever being wrong or contradicted on CFL salaries in the past

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

i dont put much faith in lawless reporting salaries, but then he also reported lower salaries in the post. do you think they doubled collaros salary in the middle of the season when he was hurt and locked up?

So Lawless is credible when you use him as a source but he isn't when someone else does?

Also in that article, the salaries listed were from Looniecap - not from Lawless so those other numbers could be off.  A lot of people feel that Looniecap is very hit or miss (ie: some salaries are accurate but a lot are way off).

22 minutes ago, bearpants said:

which seems about right... I am already losing track of days here, who was signed first, Nichols or Durant? And did we get any numbers on Durant's contract??

Durant's contract - 1.25 million over 3 years (400k in year 1).  Nichols got 1.27 million over 3 years also with 400k in year 1,

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

So Lawless is credible when you use him as a source but he isn't when someone else does?

Also in that article, the salaries listed were from Looniecap - not from Lawless so those other numbers could be off.  A lot of people feel that Looniecap is very hit or miss (ie: some salaries are accurate but a lot are way off).

justin dunk has the salaries different, but goes more in depth in terms of whats base and whats bonus. If the 2nd sentence you see i say his tweets were part of that article. But the article it self wasnt by him. And doesnt go off his numbers. By no means would i consider him a good source of league wide coverage/information. Not like dunk. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

justin dunk has the salaries different, but goes more in depth in terms of whats base and whats bonus. If the 2nd sentence you see i say his tweets were part of that article. But the article it self wasnt by him. And doesnt go off his numbers. By no means would i consider him a good source of league wide coverage/information. Not like dunk. 

You could choose to let it go at any point.

14 hours ago, Floyd said:

Interesting.  Some players will be signed, others will not.

Walters mentioned this in a recent interview regarding Glenn as well.

They offered him a contract that fit with what they could afford to pay for a back up QB, but he asked to be released to see if other teams were slotting for more in that spot. It could still happen that Glenn doesn't find more money on the open market and we resign him.

30 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Walters mentioned this in a recent interview regarding Glenn as well.

They offered him a contract that fit with what they could afford to pay for a back up QB, but he asked to be released to see if other teams were slotting for more in that spot. It could still happen that Glenn doesn't find more money on the open market and we resign him.

Actually they didn't offer him a contract. They said they didn't know how much money they would have for him until after Nichols signed. If he hasn't signed elsewhere by the FA Day, they might make a formal offer. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Actually they didn't offer him a contract. They said they didn't know how much money they would have for him until after Nichols signed. If he hasn't signed elsewhere by the FA Day, they might make a formal offer. 

Perhaps they didn't officially offer him a contract (or maybe they did, I don't know either way), but Walters said he told Glenn they had x amount of dollars to spend on the QB position and Glenn asked to be released to see if there was a better offer.