Making the league look bad: item #2837

do or die

4 hours ago, tacklewasher said:

I do agree with others who find it amusing how the Rider fans are all about the conspiracy, compared to our Mike Kelly years where we sucked it up and blamed the coach. How the fans can still be behind Jones (and I know not all are) is beyond belief.

Pretty humbling  to admit you have made a $2,250,000 mistake. And when you're Canada's team more so.

4 hours ago, Ripper said:

Its a expensive dinner to attend, I'm glad he isn't coming. Don't want to see his face there. He won't be welcome at Mosiac either, not that we have to worry about him showing up there anyway.

That is one of the most pathetic posts I have ever read.

Edited by iso_55

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

i wanna say in 2000 late in the season while we were scraping for a play off spot, either hamilton or mtl got a roughing the passer call on lamar mcgriggs and the fans blew up throwing stuff on the field lamar lost his mind we got a ton of flags from it. But in the end it was a horrible call and the league issued an apology. Even under the use against the world dave ritchie era it was considered that we just didnt get respect and the benefit of the doubt. No one was calling it a conspiracy. 

You don't even have to go that far back.  The league had to apologize last September when the refs screwed us against Calgary.   It happens to every team at one point or another.  The difference is that the rest of the league just moves on to the next game rather than act like little *******.

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Do the Bombers have a dinner for their Ring of honor nominations? What's it called? Have any of you gone to it?

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016-blue-bombers-legacy-dinner/

Pretty sure it sells out every year. I can't believe we are trash talking about a fricking dinner...

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016-blue-bombers-legacy-dinner/

Pretty sure it sells out every year. I can't believe we are trash talking about a fricking dinner...

Very true, we haven't provided enough ammo already this year? What more can we do? You guys be sure to invite Jeffrey to the dinner so you can be the good sibling.

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Very true, we haven't provided enough ammo already this year? What more can we do? You guys be sure to invite Jeffrey to the dinner so you can be the good sibling.

So the Rider fan base is blaming Orridge for their 1-9 start?  Jones & crew are blameless? Might need to shift your focus there.

59 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

You don't even have to go that far back.  The league had to apologize last September when the refs screwed us against Calgary.   It happens to every team at one point or another.  The difference is that the rest of the league just moves on to the next game rather than act like little *******.

yep happens every year or two. Actually the worst i can recall is calgary with matt dunnigan as every thing when they did that on side punt, recovered it and the refs messed it up. then calgary released team video that clearly showed the guy on side by a mile. The PI none call wasnt any where near as bad as that stuff. It was par for the season tbh. 

Bottom line is that any fan, of any team in this league ....can go back into the memory bank....and recall a fair sampling of absolute egregious travesties of officiating. 

The deal is understanding it for what it is ...with perhaps a little whining, crying, or moaning into the mix ....as opposed to becoming totally paranoiac and deflective about it.  

A certain segment of Rider fans have chosen the latter path of denial..... frantically looking at the league hierarchy, or in their closets or under their beds.   After all, it cannot be the Republic of Jones or any one else in the Rider brain trust, who is responsible.  It simply has to be some mythical bogey men, planning some form of conspiracy or skullduggery....to drag down the proclaimed greatest franchise and fan base in the league.

So goes that narrative. 

The Riders have a devoted and passionate fan base, who deserves all kinds of credit, for the way they support their team.  But one wonders how embarrassed some of the more sane Riders fans are becoming.... listening to their brethren spewing out terms like rigged, dishonest, sham, crooked, etc....to explain their team's record.  

Anyone with half a brain, and who has watched officiating in the CFL, for any length of time, knows better than to mistake obvious incompetence for some sort of hidden agenda or conspiracy.

9 hours ago, Mike said:

After the game, I logged on while I was in my hotel (I was pretty drunk, I can't deny :lol:) and read about 4 or 5 pages of screaming and whining that they got robbed, we got handed the win, blah blah blah.

So I wrote "hehe"

Logged on the next day. Banned for a week. :lol:

Me too.  RS is an embarrassment.  He's lost all credibility and respect from me.