Making the league look bad: item #2837

do or die

35 minutes ago, Bomberfan85 said:

I strongly agree with this. I hate the Riders as much as anyone but I've attended 11 LDC games there and the fans around me have always been great. Some guys sitting in front of us even wanted to get pictures with us after the game this year. Good rapport in the stands. Then I come back on the forums...

probably would have felt different if they heard you telling Duraint you slept with his mother.

6 minutes ago, bearpants said:

On behalf of the Mods (cuz I'm certainly not one)... I'll remind you, that's not how we roll around here.... sure Ripper can be an insufferable Rider homer (Tony Kornheiser reference ;))... but he's no troll...

Thanks, I think....  Insufferable?  Now my feeling are hurt.. 

Imo how can people who don't know people outside this forum really insult each other and it be personal.  I dunno.  I'm honestly not sure if any of my friends post on here or not... if they did and I knew... I think most would take what people refer to as a personal attack kind of jokingly or not serious.  Does anyone know Ripper in person?  If not... then I'm not sure how anything would be considered personal. But ya if you start banning people like Ripper for having a different opinion you might as well change the forum name to RiderFans 

5 minutes ago, Saidin said:

I like other fans input.  The name calling, insult hurling I see here and over there can be insufferable...

I hate seeing the inbred. 1990, 25 years blah blah.  It's why I hardly ever post, beacause it's tough to find someone who can take criticism well and not get offended. :(

Don't take it too seriously. If the teams were equal in the standings, it would still go on and there is normally no hard feelings. Just a bit worse right now with how bad the Riders suck.

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

I cant believe the rider fans are pointing fingers at the league and refs. Every team has had tons of awful calls go against them, no witch hunt here. Just a terrible team with a vocal majority of blind fans un willing to accept the truth. Atleast when this fan base was losing and getting toxic we didnt pull crap like this. 

I'm pretty sure the CFL has had to issue more apologies to us than any other team, due to blown calls.  We've definitely been pissed off about it but we never threw a temper tantrum and blamed it on a conspiracy theory.  Seems like someone needs to learn to lose with some class.

4 minutes ago, LimJahey said:

got drawn into an argument with a troll of instagram and i swear he just kept saying 1990, 11 years, we support the league blah blah

some people forget we've made 8m the last 2 seasons and they had a 4m deficit last. 

Only reason the riders lost 4.1 million was because we had to make a 5 million payment to the Mosiac reno's for the 13 grey cup. If our old stadium was up to snuff the team wouldn't have had to kick in 15 million to host the grey cup. But I was at the game and it was worth it. Winning a grey cup at home is a storey I'll be telling my grand children when I'm old and crusty. But you are right technically we showed a loss so enjoy laughing about it.  We also have 80% of stadium sold out with season tickets and a waiting list, so I'm not worried about our financial situation.

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Only reason the riders lost 4.1 million was because we had to make a 5 million payment to the Mosiac reno's for the 13 grey cup. If our old stadium was up to snuff the team wouldn't have had to kick in 15 million to host the grey cup. But I was at the game and it was worth it. Winning a grey cup at home is a storey I'll be telling my grand children when I'm old and crusty. But you are right technically we showed a loss so enjoy laughing about it.  We also have 80% of stadium sold out with season tickets and a waiting list, so I'm not worried about our financial situation.

20k season tickets to the bombers and 15k for the next 5 seasons for the Jets. We have our bills to pay for a new stadium too.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Are you worried that since September of 2014 the Riders have 6 wins? Cuz that's what rider fans should be concerned with... not with orridge or conspiracy theories.  

I am finding us losing every week to not be that enjoyable at all TBH. I'm not going to jump off a cliff though. Its just where we are at right now. We'll get better and are getting better. You guys can joke all you want, but you were a play here or there from losing against the worst team in the league. I'm a die hard fan, losing doesn't bother me one bit. We played the stamps tough twice and lost. Esks tough twice and lost. Played Bombers tough and lost. If anyone thinks the Riders are going to lay down this week you are wrong.

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Bombers saw a huge season ticket jump their last year in the old barn (well last 2...) and it carried over into IGF and into the Grey Cup. It's now starting to go down a bit. Riders will also see that for the first few years at NMS. And if they stay on pace for 3 wins a year those ticket numbers will drop drastically.