Coach Mike' Everything is' O'Shae

Just now, White Out said:

So right back to, might as well shut down the forum? This is another appeal to authority. Well, Mr White Out, who the **** are you say anything? You aren't the Gm, Walters is. You aren't on the BOD. Your opinion doesn't matter, and even if you were right, it wont change anything.

Boring boring boring. Get over yourself and your blue glasses. What you seem to fail to understand is people ARE discussing whats wrong but you just dont like how upset people are. Get over it.

No, I was just responding to Tracker's comment of " YOU CANNOT CHANGE WHAT YOU DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE AS PROBLEMATIC. "  We here...on this board, won't change anything from what we're talking about.  I'm not saying we shouldn't discuss the problems and issues.  It's that some of you are getting so upset over it, and bitching about it that the good posters who have been around many years are no longer wanting to post here...which are basically the guys who actually set this forum up.

Want a complaint?  I hate newbie's that come in here acting as if they're all that just so they can find an outlet for their frustrations.

What's funny too is I get blasted for being a blind homer for simply saying stuff like Willy was bad in game 1 but he'll get better

and then after game 2 saying he wasn't as bad as the masses are saying despite what the score was in the game. 

In any other place that would be considered optimism but having some truth to it. To many here though? WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD! HEAD IN THE SAND!

Some people just want blood and they want to rant and rave and have everyone grab pitchforks and torches alongside them. That's not how most people work though. You can talk about negative things, you can also talk about positive things, the point is to actually have a dialogue. Too often this place devolves into people just trying to scapegoat people and there are a lot of people who just get tired of it. I am a sucker though, I like to argue with people so I'll argue just about anything. 

6 minutes ago, White Out said:

You only like it because he's not willing to say the Bombers are as bad as others are, and, he's not calling for MOS's head. That's your line in the sand. Others have posted far more topical posts with a lot more content and reasoning, but because they want MOS gone and changes made you've decided "not good enough, too negative"

im_with_stupid_postmodern_tshirt_detail_

3 minutes ago, White Out said:

I'm going to push away from the keyboard until game day because this is going south so fast and I don't want to be a part of this stupid arguing anymore.

Go Bombers.

As a bystander to this whole fiasco, it seems to me that the thread only went south because of your entry into it. The discussion didn't degrade itself to the level it is at now until you went on your rant.

I'm new on the board and I've been negative.  I remember when this new regime started and they went 5-1, I was praising them like crazy on different comment sites (local papers).  Finally, we were going to have a legitimate Grey Cup contender.  But it was a mirage with a couple of lucky wins.

Since that time, the Bombers have played 32 games...and won 7 of them.  It's just really tough to rally around the team when there's almost 4 losses for every win.  Personally, I know I'll cheer them and make positive comments when they become truly competitive again.  But suggesting that people like me should ignore their 7-25 record and two poor efforts to start 2016 and not be negative?  Sorry but I couldn't disagree more.  Maybe when the Board of Directors knows how angry fans are they'll get a proven winner in here to fix things - not a Joe Mack or Wade Miller.

It's not the negativity that I have such a problem with.

It's the content of these spirited displays of emotion that have me shaking my head more than anything. And not to single you out, but it starts with comments like "get somebody who isn't like a Joe Mack or a Wade Miller in here" - what do either one of those guys have to do with eachother? They fill entirely different roles. You're not going to find a "proven winner" to fill the role of Wade Miller.

38 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's the content of these spirited displays of emotion that have me shaking my head more than anything. And not to single you out, but it starts with comments like "get somebody who isn't like a Joe Mack or a Wade Miller in here" - what do either one of those guys have to do with eachother? They fill entirely different roles. You're not going to find a "proven winner" to fill the role of Wade Miller.

Unfortunately the thing that's working in Miller's favour is that a so-called "proven winner" may either be unavailable or unwilling to come to Winnipeg. That keeps Miller in the driver's seat and probably enable Kyle Walters to fail at least one more season. The only moves to be made will involve coaching and player personnel.

3 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Except we're not the coaches/gm/ceo/bod...so we can't change anything.

And I never said we shouldn't discuss the problems, but there's a difference between pointing out things that are wrong and discussing vs bitching\complaining, which is what I'm getting at which no one seems to understand.

Anyone else notice that Mike, Rich, Noeller, Mr Perfect, Mark H, TrueBlue etc... rarely post.  And I haven't seen Voodoochylde post in ages.  Hmm...I wonder why?  That's a head scratcher isn't it?

It's their decision not to post. It's a free world. People are too sensitive here. Most of the names mentioned are supporters of this regime & have been very vocal with their support from Day 1. They can see this thing going south by the day & while I'm sure they don't like the comments being posted, I'm sure the realization is setting in with them that changes will probably be coming sooner rather than later. All those guys mentioned above are great posters so I hope they're back soon.

I'm not screaming for a coaching change as it is too early & I can see Mike O'Shea here for the entire season which is fine with me. However,  I'm disgusted with the play of the team, especially Drew Willy, I'm disgusted when I watch games on television & the camera pans to our head coach on the sidelines. I don't see a HC trying to instill passion in his players. Sometimes all we just see a blank stare.

I'm not calling for our GM to be fired. However, I'm getting tired of the great sound bites when he is interviewed by the media. He always seems to have all of the answers to all of the questions. Wow, I always get fired up after he talks. Like, what a GREAT GM we have! I'm thinking this guy knows his stuff. Then the Bombers take the field & it might as well be 2013, 2014 & 2015. Nothing changes.

So am I angry? You bet I am. I won't say we're being lied to or not being told the truth by MOS or Walters. I just don't think this regime has what it takes to make the Bombers a winner. I'm just going to let this season unfold & see what happens. But I'm angry, I'm disgusted but I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the team for now. The Labour Day game in Regina & the Banjo Bowl the following week. I'll wait to see the state of the team then.

Edited by iso_55

2 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Except we're not the coaches/gm/ceo/bod...so we can't change anything.

And I never said we shouldn't discuss the problems, but there's a difference between pointing out things that are wrong and discussing vs bitching\complaining, which is what I'm getting at which no one seems to understand.

Anyone else notice that Mike, Rich, Noeller, Mr Perfect, Mark H, TrueBlue etc... rarely post.  And I haven't seen Voodoochylde post in ages.  Hmm...I wonder why?  That's a head scratcher isn't it?

Who?

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

This thread is hilarious, when do they start calling anyone with a negative opinion Bomberphobic?

2 hours ago, do or die said:

It will be Bomberphobia, if this stuff keeps up......

Just wanted to point out that the "-phobic" and "-phobia" suffixes imply fear of the root word i.e. fear of the Bombers. I don't think anyone should be fearing the team we've put on the field at this point...

For everyone complaining about this forum, take note...

The first page of this thread is decent and has contributions by four new members... 

Then Logan and WhiteOut completely derail the thread by going to total extremes... then 17to85 has an argument with I'm not sure who, ha...!

Then Mike jumps in with an 'I Told You So'...

Love it!!

What's really hilarious is when Cal Murphy got fired for going 9-9 his last season after winning 2 cups for us ...  I would jump for joy if this regime could get us to 9-9. I don't think we are asking too much if we just want a competitive team. Just a little hope would be nice....

45 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Just wanted to point out that the "-phobic" and "-phobia" suffixes imply fear of the root word i.e. fear of the Bombers. I don't think anyone should be fearing the team we've put on the field at this point...

Wasn't referring to the opposition.....

:lol:

45 minutes ago, Floyd said:

For everyone complaining about this forum, take note...

The first page of this thread is decent and has contributions by four new members... 

Then Logan and WhiteOut completely derail the thread by going to total extremes... then 17to85 has an argument with I'm not sure who, ha...!

Then Mike jumps in with an 'I Told You So'...

Love it!!

An I told you so? It was the first comment I made in the thread.

if you wanna do play-by-play, have it make sense.

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

What's funny too is I get blasted for being a blind homer for simply saying stuff like Willy was bad in game 1 but he'll get better

and then after game 2 saying he wasn't as bad as the masses are saying despite what the score was in the game. 

In any other place that would be considered optimism but having some truth to it. To many here though? WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD! HEAD IN THE SAND!

Some people just want blood and they want to rant and rave and have everyone grab pitchforks and torches alongside them. That's not how most people work though. You can talk about negative things, you can also talk about positive things, the point is to actually have a dialogue. Too often this place devolves into people just trying to scapegoat people and there are a lot of people who just get tired of it. I am a sucker though, I like to argue with people so I'll argue just about anything. 

The toxins allways loathe any thing that isnt toxic it self.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

You clearly don't understand the power structure of the team.  Mack was given full control to run the team.   His title was G.M but there was no one above him who was interested in day-to-day football affairs.  So he was the guy entrusted with turning the program around.

When Mack was fired Wade Miller was hired, as President I think, and he was given full authority to run the team.  He hired Walters, and he and Walters hired O'Shea.  How can you ask what do Mack and Miller have to do with one another.  They were both "the guy" given total authority on football decisions.  Their titles were different; their mandate was the same.  Fix the team.

As for "you're not going to find proven winners", that's a defeatist copout and it's also untrue.   Saskatchewan went out this past off-season and paid big money for a proven winner like Chris Jones and they gave him the keys to re-build their team.  He has replaced 35 of the 44 players from last year's team and I'll bet you Saskatchewan, 3-15 last year, wins more games than the Bombers do this season.  Guys with proven winning track records are out there.  You just have to have the guts to go and get them, and if that means paying more, big deal.  You'll have more fans in the seats with a winning team and the investment will pay off in no time flat.  I gather from your comments that you think it was fine to hire Mack, a guy who had never been a GM and had no affiliation with the CFL for some 25 years.  And then to hire Miller, a guy who had never accomplished anything in a football management position.  The major blame for this team lies with its Board.  They keep on hiring guys with no track record of building a winning CFL team. 

4 hours ago, gcdrought said:

You clearly don't understand the power structure of the team.  Mack was given full control to run the team.   His title was G.M but there was no one above him who was interested in day-to-day football affairs.  So he was the guy entrusted with turning the program around.

When Mack was fired Wade Miller was hired, as President I think, and he was given full authority to run the team.  He hired Walters, and he and Walters hired O'Shea.  How can you ask what do Mack and Miller have to do with one another.  They were both "the guy" given total authority on football decisions.  Their titles were different; their mandate was the same.  Fix the team.

As for "you're not going to find proven winners", that's a defeatist copout and it's also untrue.   Saskatchewan went out this past off-season and paid big money for a proven winner like Chris Jones and they gave him the keys to re-build their team.  He has replaced 35 of the 44 players from last year's team and I'll bet you Saskatchewan, 3-15 last year, wins more games than the Bombers do this season.  Guys with proven winning track records are out there.  You just have to have the guts to go and get them, and if that means paying more, big deal.  You'll have more fans in the seats with a winning team and the investment will pay off in no time flat.  I gather from your comments that you think it was fine to hire Mack, a guy who had never been a GM and had no affiliation with the CFL for some 25 years.  And then to hire Miller, a guy who had never accomplished anything in a football management position.  The major blame for this team lies with its Board.  They keep on hiring guys with no track record of building a winning CFL team. 

I'll take you up on that bet.

9 hours ago, gcdrought said:

Agree with much of what you've put down here. Joe Mack was an out of the blue (sorry for the pun) signing - there was no one on the board with football knowledge and they went with a recommendation from an old guy (Paul Robeson) who had fleeting memories of Mack as a bird dog (scout) in the 80s.

Way too many "out of the blue" hirings that have resulted in performance toxicity. Examples:

Jeff Reinbold hire.

David Asper as chairman of the board.

Gary Etcheverry and Marcel Belleifulee hires.

Garth Buchko as President (no real football knowledge other than discussing games w/ Bob Irving at CJOB studios)

Paul Lapolice firing - replaced with Tim Burke

Mike Kelly hire - and the carnage caused and final soiling of Lyle Bauer's reputation

and now currently = fresh green hires

Wade Miller as CEO/President

Kyle Walters as General manager

Mike O'Shea (a guy with only a few years of special teams coaching) as head coach

Probably better to let the current guys run out their contracts, have season tickets take a minor to moderate dip and scour the earth for people who can do the jobs.

Bomber board of directors, for all intents and purposes is just a coffee/wine/liquor klatch with no real football or football administrative skills

Just a quick list of guys we passed over for various jobs:

1. Marcel Desjardins

2. Roy Shivers

3. Jim Barker

4. Tom Higgins

5. Randy Reynolds

6. Chris Jones

7. Danny Barrett

8. John Murphy

It probably won't be too far into the future (should losing ways continue) that Brendan Taman and Mike Kelly re-surface in the discussions!