Coach Mike' Everything is' O'Shae

Remember last year or in 2014 when there was a lot of talk about the discipline(or the lack of)our players received for boneheaded mistakes? Tons of posters here went on about how that's just how he speaks to the media, and just because a Kuale wasn't benched for committing three unnecessary roughness penalties in one game didn't mean that was how O'Shea treated players in the locker room. Then we had guys like Morley come out and say that he didn't do f all in terms of holding his players accountable.

It seems like our country club atmosphere just keeps trickling further and further down the line. O'Shea won't be our coach a month from now. '' We'll be better because I said we're going to be''. Well we're quickly approaching 0-3. Its put up or shut up time for O'Shea. 

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

Remember last year or in 2014 when there was a lot of talk about the discipline(or the lack of)our players received for boneheaded mistakes? Tons of posters here went on about how that's just how he speaks to the media, and just because a Kuale wasn't benched for committing three unnecessary roughness penalties in one game didn't mean that was how O'Shea treated players in the locker room. Then we had guys like Morley come out and say that he didn't do f all in terms of holding his players accountable.

It seems like our country club atmosphere just keeps trickling further and further down the line. O'Shea won't be our coach a month from now. '' We'll be better because I said we're going to be''. Well we're quickly approaching 0-3. Its put up or shut up time for O'Shea. 

That style of coaching can be really effective on a heavily veteran laden team coming off a heavy handed coach. For a mostly young motley crue that havent has success not so much. 

Idk if this management group will can mid season. If they will i certainly think it happens 4-5 weeks.

We've been having these same arguments for the last 10 years (certainly longer than that but only ~10 for me). It's only a game, why you have to be mad?

These conversations are self defeating and lead nowhere. This is why posting is seemingly down here and elsewhere the past few years, it's just a circle jerk of basement GM's spouting the same bullshit year in and year out. I don't know how you guys do it.

Edit: while i'm airing grievances, it's 2016, who the **** gives a **** about gameday gif threads. http://giphy.com/ , you're not impressing or amusing anybody. 

Edited by yogi

27 minutes ago, yogi said:

We've been having these same arguments for the last 10 years (certainly longer than that but only ~10 for me). It's only a game, why you have to be mad?

These conversations are self defeating and lead nowhere. This is why posting is seemingly down here and elsewhere the past few years, it's just a circle jerk of basement GM's spouting the same bullshit year in and year out. I don't know how you guys do it.

Edit: while i'm airing grievances, it's 2016, who the **** gives a **** about gameday gif threads. http://giphy.com/ , you're not impressing or amusing anybody. 

Rodney Dangerfield unimpressed caddyshack reaction eye roll

6 hours ago, yogi said:

People are mad because the Bombers have played crappy football for going on 6 years now.  Not average football, but crappy football.  Winnipeg fans deserve better than bad season after bad season.  I used to accept this poor play saying 'oh it's just one or two bad years'.  But even I have come to the point of anger.  Get someone in here who can build at least a competitive franchise.  Other teams routinely do it, while the Bombers remain the league doormat.  Sorry, but 6 straight years of bad football and 25+ years without a Grey Cup in a relatively small league is unacceptable.

6 hours ago, yogi said:

give your head a shake... the gameday gif thread is the only thing we have to look forward to these days!

I'm not a huge fan of gameday GIF threads but they are occasionally hilarious and always harmless. We have so little reason for levity in this forum, I vote we continue. If the Bombers lose tomorrow to Hamilton, it is going to feel like a wake in here. A wake with cold rage, but a wake nonetheless.

41 minutes ago, do or die said:

Nah, as real good fans, we should simply pay our money, and suffer in silence......

What he's saying is, all the bitching and moaning we do here isn't getting the Bombers anywhere.  If you want to make a difference, go picket the stadium.  Do you really think MOS is reading these forums going "oh hell yes, THAT's what we should have done last week."  Bitching about everything here is just you spinning your wheels.  Discussing what they could and should do is one thing, having a tantrum about it cause we haven't won a Grey Cup in 26 years is another.  Do you think I'm not mad about it?  Of course I'm mad.  It pisses me off to watch them play like that and lose.  But coming here and kicking and screaming about it isn't going to change a thing.  Want to send them a message?  Stop going to games, picket the stadium, send letters, call into CJOB and 1290, but if you complain, do it in an intelligent way or they're just going to pass you off as another goof that's flying off the handle.

7 hours ago, yogi said:

You had me with you there until the edited last sentence...

2 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

What he's saying is, all the bitching and moaning we do here isn't getting the Bombers anywhere.  If you want to make a difference, go picket the stadium.  Do you really think MOS is reading these forums going "oh hell yes, THAT's what we should have done last week."  Bitching about everything here is just you spinning your wheels.  Discussing what they could and should do is one thing, having a tantrum about it cause we haven't won a Grey Cup in 26 years is another.  Do you think I'm not mad about it?  Of course I'm mad.  It pisses me off to watch them play like that and lose.  But coming here and kicking and screaming about it isn't going to change a thing.  Want to send them a message?  Stop going to games, picket the stadium, send letters, call into CJOB and 1290, but if you complain, do it in an intelligent way or they're just going to pass you off as another goof that's flying off the handle.

Who's having a tantrum?   We all have different coping mechanisms.  

Part of being a fan (particularly life-long) is being engaged with the team in some manner.  For most of us, it is the ole Interweb.   For myself, I try to inject at least a modicum of wit, or irony, even while being critical.   Odds and Sods, even in it's current repetitive state (same ole stuff) is a diversion, and has become in a funny way, a sort of "duty"

I have been, and will always pay the freight, to support the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.   Not one of those BS types who spend time on the boards, but not support the team at the games.   If anyone else wants ...."send messages" to the club, or disfigure themselves with paper bags, or whatever....fine.

But what I don't need....is anyone.....to instruct me on how to respond to the state of the Bombers, bad or good......ever. 

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Who's having a tantrum?   We all have different coping mechanisms.  

Part of being a fan (particularly life-long) is being engaged with the team in some manner.  For most of us, it is the ole Interweb.   For myself, I try to inject at least a modicum of wit, or irony, even while being critical.   Odds and Sods, even in it's current repetitive state (same ole stuff) is a diversion, and has become in a funny way, a sort of "duty"

I have been, and will always pay the freight, to support the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.   Not one of those BS types who spend time on the boards, but not support the team at the games.   If anyone else wants ...."send messages" to the club, or disfigure themselves with paper bags, or whatever....fine.

But what I don't need....is anyone.....to instruct me on how to respond to the state of the Bombers, bad or good......ever. 

Sorry, not you specifically, I should have clarified.  I just meant in general.  And yes, there are a few people freaking out on here.  It has calmed down a bit, but we lose again and the tantrums will start up again.

Just now, Logan007 said:

Sorry, not you specifically, I should have clarified.  I just meant in general.  And yes, there are a few people freaking out on here.  It has calmed down a bit, but we lose again and the tantrums will start up again.

....and my reply was not directed at you personally.....just at the idea that we should simply pick up our toys and go home, when things are bad.

cheers.

1 hour ago, do or die said:

If posting is down.....would speculate that the continual losing might have something to do with it.   Posting about a winning football team is a hell of a lot more fun....

and yet the biggest game day threads are the ones where the team is losing. People like bitching more than they like talking about the good things. 

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

and yet the biggest game day threads are the ones where the team is losing. People like bitching more than they like talking about the good things. 

It's more like there are way more bad things than good things lately so an even discussion looks like bitching to those who only want to discuss the good things.

10 hours ago, yogi said:

You're right, we'll all do 50 ...

tumblr_nyr552ueBU1soccywo2_540.gif

55 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

..and?

Seriously whats your point? People are bitching. You want them to talk about the good things? What ******* good things? That Iron Mike might soon be fired? The team is a joke and is the laughing stock of the league. I was driving to work  a couple days ago in the morning in Calgary and the sports guys were cracking jokes about the Bombers. Not how bad we were that one day, about how we're an annual free space on the bingo card and a total joke of  a franchise.

There's being a fan, and, then there's burying your head in the sand. What a ******* joke. You can sit there and enjoy the building caving in around you and comment on how lovely the colour of the tiles match the debris, but some people want to talk about actual events going on.

Edited by White Out

2 hours ago, do or die said:

If posting is down.....would speculate that the continual losing might have something to do with it.   Posting about a winning football team is a hell of a lot more fun....

I'm not going to comment on the game because I didn't watch it.  There's no point in going on and on about something I have no knowledge of.  Seems only logical.

And yet this thread has a healthy number of people complaining about what OShea said in an interview they admit they didn't listen to.  Isn't the internet wonderful?