Chamblin

Floyd

The one play that stands out was that td before the first half when they had Leggett on a Rec who dove and made a great catch but I'm thinking why is a Lb covering a rec? In a obvious passing play.Perhaps the game has passed Hall idk...so many holes to plug.. 

Edited by bb1

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

The one play that stands out was that td before the first half when they had Leggett on a Rec who dove and made a great catch but I'm thinking why is a Lb covering a rec? In a obvious passing play.Perhaps the game has passed Hall idk...so many holes to plug.. 

The SAM linebacker is basically an extra DB, that position is often tasked with covering slots. 

14 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

The SAM linebacker is basically an extra DB, that position is often tasked with covering slots. 

Not in an obvious passing down you should have an extra dB in there but it's a moot point now I guess ?

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:33 AM, pigseye said:

Walters is turning out to be Taman 2.0 but without the luxury of a Dave Ritchie or Doug Berry at the controls of the team. He's forced to recycle marginal players via free agency because he does not have the system of connections to find enough down south.

I'll throw out a wild suggestions, Milt for our next GM/director of player personnel, I'd have more faith in him at building a team that Walters at this point. If Hervey can do it in Edmonton so can Milt do it here.

No way Milt would do that.  He's way too smart to want to tarnish his great reputation in this City.  He also said many times that he'd never be a coach.  so why would he want that gigantic headache of being a GM? 

None of the current crop of availables are particularly enticing - ie Chamblin, Marshall,  Etcheverry, Daley, etc.

If Walters and O'Shea could bury their pride they might want to consider bringing in Dave Ritchie as a defensive consultant - but I really don't know if Ritchie is mobile enough to work anymore!

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎02 at 10:33 AM, pigseye said:

Walters is turning out to be Taman 2.0 but without the luxury of a Dave Ritchie or Doug Berry at the controls of the team. He's forced to recycle marginal players via free agency because he does not have the system of connections to find enough down south.

I'll throw out a wild suggestions, Milt for our next GM/director of player personnel, I'd have more faith in him at building a team that Walters at this point. If Hervey can do it in Edmonton so can Milt do it here.

Posters here are lambasting Wade for putting two rookies in control of this club and blaming their inexperience for the problems  we're having today.  Milt would be another leap of faith and more than likely bring the same results.  

Now if Milt wants to cut his teeth as a Asst GM for a few years.  Awesome!  But again Milt has expressed numerous times that he's not interested in Management positions in his post football career.    

53 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

no to Chamblin from me.  That being said, something has to give.

If mos is axed mid season, there isnt a good choice imop. Id rather us pull a mystery card and bring in some one retired for half the season or whose out of football atm. And leave every one else where they are.

7 minutes ago, bb1 said:

To help in pass coverage not cover man to man...

Then you'd have 1 man uncovered the entire time, or no deep cover at all. Most cfl Ds use zone situationally. Match zone on blitzs, prevent etc. The same is in man coverage the fast majority of the time. Thats why its virtually allways a converted DB/S.   

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If mos is axed mid season, there isnt a good choice imop. Id rather us pull a mystery card and bring in some one retired for half the season or whose out of football atm. And leave every one else where they are.

itemprop

Time for Bud Grant to come out of retirement! 

Edited by kelownabomberfan

51 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Then you'd have 1 man uncovered the entire time, or no deep cover at all. Most cfl Ds use zone situationally. Match zone on blitzs, prevent etc. The same is in man coverage the fast majority of the time. Thats why its virtually allways a converted DB/S.   

Yep when it's not an obvious pass situation close to your own Goaline you would leave your Sam in but with time running down and Calgary wanting to punch it in fast an extra rec would best be covered by a DB not a converted s to lb...esp man to man....but it's again done moot now..

8 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Yep when it's not an obvious pass situation close to your own Goaline you would leave your Sam in but with time running down and Calgary wanting to punch it in fast an extra rec would best be covered by a DB not a converted s to lb...esp man to man....but it's again done moot now..

Great throw, great catch. Leggett was all over the guy, the only thing I didn't see on the play was the safety help, he either blitzed or got caught guessing wrong?

Edited by pigseye
spelling error

Can we just stop talking about firing people midseason? It's not going to save this season and all you do is get an easy out for next season so you waste 2 seasons at minimum. 

We are committed to O'Shea and Walters this season might as well get used to it. If they keep ******* the dog then we can talk about blowing it up in the offseason, but this year is not going to see any kind of real change no matter who you fire. 

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Can we just stop talking about firing people midseason? It's not going to save this season and all you do is get an easy out for next season so you waste 2 seasons at minimum. 

We are committed to O'Shea and Walters this season might as well get used to it. If they keep ******* the dog then we can talk about blowing it up in the offseason, but this year is not going to see any kind of real change no matter who you fire. 

It was reported that the Jets had doubts about Noel at the start of his last season and had Maurice on speed-dial.  I would hope that Miller and Walters have a plan B in case we have a repeat performance this year, and it looks like we are on that road now. But that was probably too much to ask.

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I think the man you're referring to is TOM HIGGINS

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If you fire O'Shea it'll be either Hall or Lapo taking over don't kid yourselves. 

Hopefully only to the end of the season then everybody goes top to bottom, i said that the only way this regime saves itself is by making the playoffs and they are a long way from doing that and what's worse is the season is only 2 games in.