Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

How is a team not even in the playoff hunt signing all of these guys? I just want us to sign ONE impact player.

I will be disappointed with the Bombers don't sign one of Elliot or Gurley, but maybe they don't have enough money in the kitty.

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

How is a team not even in the playoff hunt signing all of these guys? I just want us to sign ONE impact player.

Money.  Besides having an expanded roster do they also have an expanded sms account?

Edited by LeBird

48 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Buyer beware when it come to Muamba, people thinking that he is the same player that played here will be surprised to see that he is not, and the guy who played in Montreal is not a the player I want on this team.

Yeah, good point, and his agent ... yeesh! 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Lawless just tweeted that the Bombers are out...."Not interested" is the latest from us. Lawless figures major price reduction after all this time, for whoever does sign him...

Got a feeling that this is just a scheme from Walters. Who knows maybe hes the trying to drive the price high so Riders will pay more.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

http://3downnation.com/2016/10/04/madani-boatmens-ship-sinking-field-off/

The Grey Cup is coming to Toronto next month. If you’d like tickets, Section 205 is available.

No, no, not a seat. The section.

Prefer the other side at BMO Field? No problem. About five rows are sold in Section 221. There are 20 other empty rows to pick from that are up for grabs there.

Want to be closer to the scoreboard? Over in Section 225, there are about as many vacant rows as there are pairs sold. You can shell out over a grand to take yourself and a friend.

For over $400 apiece, you give yourself the right to sit in the top row of the stadium around the 10-yard-line. Surrounded by… nobody.

Has the CFL priced itself out of selling out Grey Cups?   Winnipeg also had trouble selling out last year with a significant reduction in overall seats compared to other Grey Cups.

Or is this Toronto being Toronto?

50 minutes ago, Rich said:

Has the CFL priced itself out of selling out Grey Cups?   Winnipeg also had trouble selling out last year with a significant reduction in overall seats compared to other Grey Cups.

I think it's pricing itself out. The CFL needs to understand what type of crowd goes to the games. It doesn't have the prestige of the NFL or the superbowl. That on top of the fact I can have a better view, more comfortable seat and cheaper drinks/food at a friends house makes paying 400 bucks seem like a joke. Then add on TO doing what TO does best. Just incredible naive of whoever came up with the ticket prices.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

It's pricing itself out. Starting out with stupid high prices and having to reduce them near the game is a bad look for the league.

I go to the Grey Cup every year.   I usually buy a few extra seats for family.  Last year I just bought my 4 regular season tickets, but last time in Vancouver I bought 7 to take my brother's family who live out there.   Even I gasped at the prices this year.   I'm still going, but I only bought 2 and will take my daughter.    The CFL has to realize that they can't charge these kinds of prices.   They develop fans, and then piss them off and exclude them for the big game.   "Ya gotta dance with the one that brung ya".   In 2007 in Toronto I bought 7 tickets, and in 2012 I bought 4.   The ticket price definitely had an impact on my decision. 

As a note, I did buy my pair as soon as they were available to season ticket holders from other team (ahead of the general public).   I checked a couple of days ago, and there are better seats available now than when I bought, which was irritating.   I would say that this year's Grey Cup event has not been well managed.   

28 minutes ago, LeBird said:

Could be but surely there got to be some spare parts we can do without. 

Gurley and Elliott both likely making hardly much more than an entry level salary and they're not really in a position to demand a pay bump (even if their production warrants it) after they've been released.

Anybody hearing anything with regards on Bombers interest in any of these guys - Gurley, Hazelton, Elliott ? 

I'm pretty much pissed that all of our rival in West are making some moves to shore up their roster. Cgy added Law, BC added Sinkfield, Edm added Hunt, heck Riders added Jefferson & Muamba. Bombers on the other hand is standing pat. 

there's enough MBB posters on Twitter that if something goes down, it'll show up here immediately....be patient. All we know is what Lawless tweeted: Looks like just Bombers and TiCats with interest at this point. Doing their due diligence. We'll see what comes of it...

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

Gurley and Elliott both likely making hardly much more than an entry level salary and they're not really in a position to demand a pay bump (even if their production warrants it) after they've been released.

So, is it the club room rumours that is the problem? It could be Smith is still not 100% but at some point we either get more out of him or we have to get help. 

Just now, LeBird said:

So, is it the club room rumours that is the problem? It could be Smith is still not 100% but at some point we either get more out of him or we have to get help. 

I'd bet it's either the attitude rumours (ALLEGEDLY!!) or maybe a bidding war between us and Hamilton......

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Normally, if there was a signing they will announce it in the morning or prior to practice. 

If there will be no signing today I will resign to the thought that we will not resign any of these guys. 

I think you're letting your emotions get the best of you right now.