Final Cuts

Jpan85

47 minutes ago, LeBird said:

Ah man! Macho made the team. MOS just loves those Kuale type bears. 

47 minutes ago, LeBird said:

Ah man! Macho made the team. MOS just loves those Kuale type bears. 

Can't bear to have another Kuale.

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Kuale type bear?  I was having lunch with Tackle and we were trying to remember who last year's Kuale was.  Was it Picard?  Hurl? Brohm?  Someone enlighten our Crown-fogged brains...

I believe it was Hurl.

38 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Kuale type bear?  I was having lunch with Tackle and we were trying to remember who last year's Kuale was.  Was it Picard?  Hurl? Brohm?  Someone enlighten our Crown-fogged brains...

Lin J Shell & Greg Peach?

Brohm was also garbage...

the whole point of the "Kuale" thing is it's "Former Argos That MOS Knows That No Longer Plays Like He Used To"......was Romby Bryant, then Kuale, then Lin J Shell........Macho fits the bill completely except for the Argos thing.

Actually Romby Bryant started his career with the Bombers before being unceremoniously dumbed to Calgary by the infamous Mike Kelly. He was our star at the time and went on to play well with Calgary before heading to Toronto. I understand the Argo thing but he was actually an original Bomber.

I will say though that I too am a little tired of MOS bringing in retreads from the Argos.

7 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Actually Romby Bryant started his career with the Bombers before being unceremoniously dumbed to Calgary by the infamous Mike Kelly. He was our star at the time and went on to play well with Calgary before heading to Toronto. I understand the Argo thing but he was actually an original Bomber.

I will say though that I too am a little tired of MOS bringing in retreads from the Argos.

Ya!  God damn Medlock go back where you came from

43 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

This signing gets a big meh from me. This career thus far has been pretty uninspiring.

Poor roster management and waste of a PR spot imo.  Bombers have one Natl. receiver spot with 5 Natls. contending.  Conversely they have 3 Natl. O-line spots with 5 Natls. contending and they are down to one healthy backup.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

28 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Poor roster management and waste of a PR spot imo.  Bombers have one Natl. receiver spot with 5 Natls. contending.  Conversely they have 3 Natl. O-line spots with 5 Natls. contending.

Not really.  Richards is on the 6 game so there were only 3 Nat receivers available before this move .  We have Kohlert starting and potentially JFG so unless you want Bastien backing up both guys, it's a move that had to be made.  

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

Not really.  Richards is on the 6 game so there were only 3 Nat receivers available before this move .  We have Kohlert starting and potentially JFG so unless you want Bastien backing up both guys, it's a move that had to be made.  

They could have brought Alex Vitt back in for the backup role as he attended camp, never got much of a chance to show his stuff and he knows the playbook.  Plus he lives in Wpg.

An exception is if they see Haidara as a long-term upgrade in talent over Bastien or Richards.

Vitt didn't get a chance because he was hurt.  If he's healthy now, then yes, he could have been an option I suppose.

Either way, unless they see Haidara surpassing either of the guys ahead of him, he might not be a long term addition to the team.

Ed Tait reported:

The Bombers will take a peek at Winnipeg-born receiver Derek Yachison later this week, following his release by the B.C. Lions.

The Canadian Junior Football League’s outstanding offensive player in 2015 while with the Kamloops Broncos, Yachison just completed his second camp with the Lions. He is a product of Murdoch MacKay High School.

33 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Ed Tait reported:

The Bombers will take a peek at Winnipeg-born receiver Derek Yachison later this week, following his release by the B.C. Lions.

The Canadian Junior Football League’s outstanding offensive player in 2015 while with the Kamloops Broncos, Yachison just completed his second camp with the Lions. He is a product of Murdoch MacKay High School.

I know he was hurt, but if Alex Vitt couldn't make the team how do they expect Yachinson to? I would rather give Vitt another chance if he's healthy.