Preseason 2 - Ottawa

Jpan85

19 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

As good as medlock is, I can't help but wonder if we would've been better off with Castillo and using that money elsewhere. 

Medlock is a proven kicker, and a great free agent signing. As I type this I'm just wondering.....do we hang onto Castillo and TRADE him rather than cut him? Trade him for a player in a position we need some help with?? Hate to see him go for nothing.....

45 minutes ago, Danny B said:

Anybody know of any decent live streaming sites for tonight's game? Stuck at work and would like to watch the game. Guess I always have Bob Irving to listen to if I can't find a decent stream.

i always go on reddit/r/cflstreams and there will be a few to choose from (also works well for nhl, mlb etc)

What is Dressler's injury? I know he's a proven vet and all but it would still have been nice for him and Willy to get some game action in together before the start of the season :(. Also excited to see the new road whites in game usage as well :).

Edited by IC Khari

20 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Royal Blues again tonight

I heard that preseason teams only wear one uni (home or away) to cut costs. The rosters are pretty big right now so I can see that but it does make me a bit sad to hear that too. 

2 hours ago, Danny B said:

Anybody know of any decent live streaming sites for tonight's game? Stuck at work and would like to watch the game. Guess I always have Bob Irving to listen to if I can't find a decent stream.

it should be streamed on TSN so all you need is a shaw, Rogers, Bell or Telus customer number and you can sign in and watch the game.  I use my Shaw account and it works just great.

3 hours ago, Danny B said:

Here are two that showed the first pre-season game and they are listing tonight's game.

http://www.feed2allnow.eu/type/american-football.html

http://cricfree.sx/american-football-live-stream

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Bombers vs the DGCL (Defending Grey Cup Losers)

I don't really expect a win. I do expect to see a lot of guys fighting for jobs tonight and I am looking forward to the Bombers QB battle for the #3 spot.

It would be nice to see them pick up where they left off with Montreal though! A nice out of town dominant win would be great to see!

4 hours ago, ddanger said:

Medlock is a proven kicker, and a great free agent signing. As I type this I'm just wondering.....do we hang onto Castillo and TRADE him rather than cut him? Trade him for a player in a position we need some help with?? Hate to see him go for nothing.....

The Stamps held onto K Tyler Crapigna last season until the 17th game & got Jerome Messam for him.

Edited by iso_55

6 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Bombers vs the DGCL (Defending Grey Cup Losers)

I don't really expect a win. I do expect to see a lot of guys fighting for jobs tonight and I am looking forward to the Bombers QB battle for the #3 spot.

It would be nice to see them pick up where they left off with Montreal though! A nice out of town dominant win would be great to see!

Why would you not expect a win??

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Why would you not expect a win??

IDK. Only because we are sending a pretty raw cast of players out there and Ottawa will likely start a good majority of starters for at least the first quarter. I want to see a win I just don't think it will happen. Maybe I am just so used to seeing losses as opposed to wins lol.

the easy thing to do is go "I expect us to lose" and then if they do, you can do "See, told you..." and if they win, you can go "Yayyy I love this team I'm such a huge fan!!11!" 

Gotta learn to expect a win every single time....if they lose, it sucks, but I expect to win every time...

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the easy thing to do is go "I expect us to lose" and then if they do, you can do "See, told you..." and if they win, you can go "Yayyy I love this team I'm such a huge fan!!11!" 

Gotta learn to expect a win every single time....if they lose, it sucks, but I expect to win every time...

I agree.    Pretty much the same as going on every teams site and complaining that "we will never win with this bunch of losers" and then going back at the end of the year onto 8/9 sites and saying "see, I told you".   I'm an all in Bomber fan.  I support MY team, and I expect to win.

He may play for the bad guys tonight, but I enjoyed this Henry Burris quote from the Free Press article regarding his decision to sign in Ottawa over Winnipeg a couple years back:

"I love Winnipeg," said Burris. "To me, it is a bigger, and a heck-of-a-lot-much better than Regina."

51 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Don't get me wrong! I fully expect a winning season this year and think they have done a remarkable job on upgrades this year. I just think tonight's preseason game will be a lose that's all. Not because we have a bad team it's just because we are sending mostly 3rd stringers. It's not a bad thing if they lose. I just want to see a good game and some guys stepping up tonight.

Edited by Bomber_fanaddict