Cuts and Keepers

Nolby

3 minutes ago, tracker said:

If Richards wants to play this game, he will have to do so covered in bubble-wrap. Pity- he looked like a decent receiver for his few plays.

You read my mind, I was just thinking how wonderful it is to have our very own bubble-boy.  Look but please don't touch.

14 minutes ago, Goalie said:

And here comes the never played a contact sport in their life brigade ripping on Richards. Man. Some of you guys are just ridiculous with these posts about a 22 year old kid. 

This post makes no sense?

You don't need to play a contact sport to have an opinion on a player who has been healthy a very little tiny fraction of his time with the club?  It's fact.  

The guy has bad luck and/or is injury prone.  You can't deny this?

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

The Neufeld of Canadian receivers?

not good enough for that >.<

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

And here comes the never played a contact sport in their life brigade ripping on Richards. Man. Some of you guys are just ridiculous with these posts about a 22 year old kid. 

Played football, boxed, did TKD, bjj and was on the national team for kickboxing. But you dont need any of that to know the old saying, you cant make the club from the tub. I hope his recovery is speedy and he can show some thing finally. But at this rate he's a bad year from being out of football.

Edited by wbbfan

On 6/9/2016 at 10:07 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

the year still depends on the health of Drew Willy.  Matt Nichols just doesn't have what it takes to be a starter.

Yes agree although he'll have arguably better receivers/running backs/protection if it comes to him starting which is encouraging to me if Willy is unable to play.

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎09 at 5:07 PM, Mr Dee said:

I cannot remember a time when we saw our draft picks, plus, get in a game and get noticed, in a good way.

Corney on D, nice sacks and stuffing the line. 

Couture filling in on the O-Line.

Loffler, looking like a safety.

Butcher, slicing up the D.

Intzandt getting some 'real' reps.

Even John Rush got some action.

Nice to see..

I really liked what I saw out of Corney....but did anyone else notice he seemed stronger rushing against the left tackle? I guess that's his preferred side but it's something he's going to have to work on. I liked Intzandt, and Couture got a surprise on his very first play when he got beaten for a sack.

3 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I really liked what I saw out of Corney....but did anyone else notice he seemed stronger rushing against the left tackle? I guess that's his preferred side but it's something he's going to have to work on. I liked Intzandt, and Couture got a surprise on his very first play when he got beaten for a sack.

I noticed that too, surprised to see Westerman playing on the right end as he was on the left last year.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎09 at 11:07 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

the year still depends on the health of Drew Willy.  Matt Nichols just doesn't have what it takes to be a starter.

We hardly saw anything of either Willy or Nichols. But what we have at #3 and #4 is so improved from the past 2 seasons it's difficult to put into words. We have depth and skill at the qb position, and we should all breathe a sigh of relief over that!

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I noticed that too, surprised to see Westerman playing on the right end as he was on the left last year.

I'd have to look at that video of Corney again to see if he played strictly on the one side in college, but he was definitely stronger rushing against the left tackle. He does have great speed, and I believe he got credit for 2 sacks.

11 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I'd have to look at that video of Corney again to see if he played strictly on the one side in college, but he was definitely stronger rushing against the left tackle. He does have great speed, and I believe he got credit for 2 sacks.

personally I dont think its a big deal in the cfl which end you rush from. A very few guys will be technically limited or have a mental hang up about coming from one side, but I dont think its any where as near a big deal as in american football where you have a strong and weak side.