Flanders = cut

Couture did not look out of place at C

Mayo with the hands

Nice game by Davis

OSH NAILS THE TIMEOUT!!!

LAPO GOES FOR IT!!!

WHAT TEAM IS THIS….

Edited by Floyd

All from watching on TV?  Crazy really. Must have one of those future tvs that shows the entire field and let's you know how hall had his D playing which was quite obviously very passive 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Randle seems recovered… like really recovered

Bruce Johnson could be in trouble

Fogg really nice, fast on ST

DL is real deal

Macho half a step behind… as expected

Love seeing Wild at MLB

Castillo in first round of cuts

Yah, I’d take Cato over Nichols…

Sherman not an option at SAM

Neufeld looks pretty good

Anderson looking good

Not a Veltung fan

Duron Carter = Prince

Chungh getting big

Corney pretty fast

Burnett could be a nice SAM

McDuffie will be KR

Hardrick = cut

Flanders = cut

Couture did not look out of place at C

Mayo with the hands

Nice game by Davis

OSH NAILS THE TIMEOUT!!!

LAPO GOES FOR IT!!!

WHAT TEAM IS THIS….

Have to disagree with your appraisal of Flanders, I think he beats out Anderson, more meat on his bones and better inside runner.  Also Castillo may be cut but he has a good chance of being picked up by another team.  I think he's missed 2 FG's since he's been a Bomber, can't ask for more.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Have to disagree with your appraisal of Flanders, I think he beats out Anderson, more meat on his bones and better inside runner.

Flanders had a very good game like to see more in the next preseason game to see if he can duplicate tonight's effort.

Flanders and Castillo were a lot better in second half... true

Really liked Couture's game - actually all the rookies did well

The one real takeaway is that pre-season games don't count... unless you play well and blow out the opposition, then every radio host talks about how important it is to win in the pre-season...

10 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

I think the move back to corner for Randle is the right move for him and the team.

Bruce Johnson was very good last year, and I'm not willing to throw that out for one or two preseason games. I'd be surprised if he was cut.

Have to agree about Randle that's where he belongs as for Johnson i would be nervous if i was him but i also look for him to bounce back next week.

33 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Have to agree about Randle that's where he belongs as for Johnson i would be nervous if i was him but i also look for him to bounce back next week.

That's why its a 'could'...  Randle didn't look like he should be tucked away at Field Corner, plus Fogg and Posey looking really good too

Maybe we end up with Randle-Adams-Harris-Fogg-Johnson...?  Anyway, there are worse problems to have

considering we love to crap all over the refs 'round here I feel like to be fair I should compliment something I noticed tonight. It seems like some of that training they were doing with the NFL refs has paid off in one regard. You can debate the quality of the calls, but all night the penalty announcements were clear and consistent. It was a pet peeve of mine to hear refs stammering over the mic and making up the format of the announcement on the spot. Tonight it was infraction, team, player, penalty, result. A small thing but it helps the league look more professional.

11 hours ago, Floyd said:

Flanders = cut

I thought Flanders was one of the better players last night (yeah I know it was 3rd stringers vs 3rd stringers)... he's still a long shot and he'll need to return kicks to make it... but I suspect the coaches will want a long look at him on Monday...

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I thought Flanders was one of the better players last night (yeah I know it was 3rd stringers vs 3rd stringers)... he's still a long shot and he'll need to return kicks to make it... but I suspect the coaches will want a long look at him on Monday...

If flanders shows solid again in game 2 i bet he goes to the IR or  the PR.

10 hours ago, coachrock said:

I wonder if we could get a pick for Castillo from Hamilton or Ottawa. If they are dire for a K, they might offer up a 6 or 7 to make sure they get him

If we are willing to hide him on the 46 or threaten to I think we can get some thing out of hammy or ott. 

7 hours ago, ediger said:

considering we love to crap all over the refs 'round here I feel like to be fair I should compliment something I noticed tonight. It seems like some of that training they were doing with the NFL refs has paid off in one regard. You can debate the quality of the calls, but all night the penalty announcements were clear and consistent. It was a pet peeve of mine to hear refs stammering over the mic and making up the format of the announcement on the spot. Tonight it was infraction, team, player, penalty, result. A small thing but it helps the league look more professional.

yeah, except the two times that he messed up (roughing the passer in the first half and then the offsetting offside-roughing penalty in the second)

7 hours ago, ediger said:

Pretty sure the ref pointed to the wrong team when announcing a penalty... at least 3 times actually.