bombers draft in review.

wbbfan

37 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Looks like this happy group got their guys and were elated it fell that way...How come so many things are going right so far this year??.. If it continues we might even see a huge jump in the standings....Holy Hannah you have to feel great so far this year as a Bomber fan...big thumbs up.

"The flowers of spring grow upon the decaying corpse of seasons past."

H.R. Pufnstuf

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

"The flowers of spring grow upon the decaying corpse of seasons past."

H.R. Pufnstuf

I thought that quote came from Chauncey Gardener in ' Being There'....I guess Peter Sellers could have been mistaken for H.R. Pufnstuf..In any event the winds of change will certainly be blowing for the Bombers at IGF..

8 hours ago, Stickem said:

Looks like this happy group got their guys and were elated it fell that way...How come so many things are going right so far this year??.. If it continues we might even see a huge jump in the standings....Holy Hannah you have to feel great so far this year as a Bomber fan...big thumbs up.

Every season I start off feeling hopeful (that is my right), but this year hopeful is in the rear view mirror.  Optimism is driving the bus now.

I took a look at the roster last week.  Combine that with the draft picks and there is plenty of reason to think this team should be able to put up W's.  If Willy stays relatively healthy my expectation right now is 11 wins this year as the starting point.

Just on the topic of hopeful vs optimistic...  I'm also very optimistic for this season in light of FA and the draft.  Canadian depth is legitimately transitioning from scouring the league scrap heap to preparing for the tough roster decisions.  It took 2+ seasons of roller coaster hope and frustration, but it's clear that Miller, Walters and Oshea's vision of the franchise is gathering critical mass.  A winning season and it's contract extensions all around ?

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

10 hours ago, Floyd said:

Since when ha...  Never heard of any bomber CEO being at the draft table

Since some like to act like the Bombers can do no right and the Jets can do no wrong...

2011+NHL+Entry+Draft+Round+One+H77lL9tF7

That's Mark Chipman there for Scheifele's draft.

It would be much more strange for a President, CEO, owner etc to not be interested in the happenings of one of the most important days of the year of any sports team.

20 hours ago, Stickem said:

I thought that quote came from Chauncey Gardener in ' Being There'....I guess Peter Sellers could have been mistaken for H.R. Pufnstuf..In any event the winds of change will certainly be blowing for the Bombers at IGF..

I'm calling BS on that quote. Some old awful kids movie or TV series doesn't sound like a source for evaluating seasons.

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

Since some like to act like the Bombers can do no right and the Jets can do no wrong...

2011+NHL+Entry+Draft+Round+One+H77lL9tF7

That's Mark Chipman there for Scheifele's draft.

It would be much more strange for a President, CEO, owner etc to not be interested in the happenings of one of the most important days of the year of any sports team.

In some sports, owners get in on the drafting process in hilarious ways. The Sacremento Kings in NBA is entertaining to watch from the meddling of owner in the draft process.