Bilukidi released from Redskins

Bilukidi, Mulamba, both these guys will probably need to go an entire season without appearing on a gameday roster in the NFL before they accept that reality.  Unless their agents call all 32 teams and come back to them with a "It's done, it's never going to happen.", these guys* will just move on to the next slim hope - the mid-season-injury-at-their-position contract.  Maybe we see Bilukidi up here by Labour Day.  Maybe.

And while Bilukidi isn't sporting a Gilbert Brown midsection, last I saw he was looking well above a useful CFL weight.  While he might help us long term, I don't know if he makes us better this season anyway.  Taking up a roster spot and getting gassed after two plays?  Maybe he can transition quickly and easily.  I have my doubts.  The CFL just isn't that easy.

As an aside, if you thought Gilbert Brown had quite the figure in his Packers uniform, my cousin assured me that is nothing compared to Gilbert Brown in a speedo.  As he witnessed in Jamaica about a decade ago.

* Yes, I know Mulamba is currently under contract with the Chiefs.

Guest J5V
33 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you.

Ho, ho, ho
It's magic, you know
Never believe it's not so
It's magic, you know
Never believe, it's not so

IF he's as good as everyone thinks he is, and he has been playing with higher caliber players for the last few years (practise roster, whatever) shouldnt he be worth  more then the 1st overall pick since he is a know quality?  Good enough to make NFL teams but not stick, vs a guy that didn't make the nfl at all and may tank in the cfl?

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Trade him to the Riders for #1 overall

The nfl have greased Christo's palm plenty with all of the various gigs he's had...I don't see him that hungry for CFL football UNLESS his luv of the game dictates something different...Doesn't look like he'd make enough of a commitment, if any, to garner first over all this year...It would be a stretch for Jones and his gang to take him on spec...I like the idea but I think the riders would say nada.

31 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The nfl have greased Christo's palm plenty with all of the various gigs he's had...I don't see him that hungry for CFL football UNLESS his luv of the game dictates something different...Doesn't look like he'd make enough of a commitment, if any, to garner first over all this year...It would be a stretch for Jones and his gang to take him on spec...I like the idea but I think the riders would say nada.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/christo-bilukidi/cash-earnings/

He's made about $1.6 million since he was drafted (plus some PR money here and there). Chop that in half at least to cover taxes and living expenses, and he's far from set for life. Unless he's got another job or business interests lined up, I think five or six years of making $150-200k would go a long way to padding his savings to help him out after football.  

cant help but hope he falls thru the cracks.. as badly as wishing negative throughts upon someone is lol..

if not, so be it.  I really don't mind waiting for exceptional talent IF they decide to play in the CFL after its all said and done.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Here's the thing:

if he wants to come up here, he's probably close in value to the 1st overall pick ... but I wouldn't want to make that deal.

if he doesn't want to come up here, he's worth nowhere near it (obviously)

Agree with that. but if we could trade him for a plug and play upgrade on the oline...

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 1:29 AM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you.

LOL! What's it been now wishing??? Half a decade. Really, longing for 2 older players who have barely played (Mulamba & Bilukudi) to come here ??? I've said this in the past & got criticized for it but I'll say it again, who cares? When they come, I'll care but until then these guys are nothing to me as a fan. Just two guys caught up in the NFL system being paid unbelievable money to just practice. Great gig if you can get it. Don't blame them for milking it for so long.

17 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

LOL! What's it been now wishing??? Half a decade. Really, longing for 2 older players who have barely played (Mulamba & Bilukudi) to come here ??? I've said this in the past & got criticized for it but I'll say it again, who cares? When they come, I'll care but until then these guys are nothing to me as a fan. Just two guys caught up in the NFL system being paid unbelievable money to just practice. Great gig if you can get it. Don't blame them for milking it for so long.

I think the reason you get criticized is because 1. you frequently come in here spewing incorrect information (for example, calling them older) and 2. all you ever do is come into these threads to say "who cares"

if you don't care, you don't need to tell us you don't care. just don't care.

We can wait on both of this guys for a least 2-3 more years easily, sure it would be nice for 1 or both to come up here right now but that's not in the cards at the moment so let them continue to try the NFL until that league makes that decision for them.and they truly want to come play for the Bombers.

45 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think the reason you get criticized is because 1. you frequently come in here spewing incorrect information (for example, calling them older) and 2. all you ever do is come into these threads to say "who cares"

if you don't care, you don't need to tell us you don't care. just don't care.

Dude, if you think you'll win a popularity contest around here then think again. Members put up with you because they have to not because they want to so maybe take that chip off your shoulder that we see here all the time. If you want to criticize maybe send a PM instead of the grand put down for all to read. I have an opinion & then I state it. Then t's done whether people like it or not & I accept that. I don't break the rules posted here. I never troll, swear or rarely attack anyone. You know that too yet here you are again... You do what you just did here with so many members posts & not just mine. I think it must be a habit for you by now.

Edited by iso_55

Mike, I talk with Rich the Mod Admin here by PM's I wouldn't say on a regular basis but often enough. If he disagrees with something I said or he thinks wasn't appropriate, we talk it out & always come to a consensus. Bottom line he respects me & I respect him back. We have no problems. You, in all the years I've known you have never done that. You just drop Mod Bombs whenever you can. I'd respect you a lot more if you showed some respect back to the same people you always seem to criticize here. Send me a PM, we can talk anything out. Try it. It might just work.

Edited by iso_55

You're looking for something that isn't there, dude. I didn't criticize you at all, I'm just explaining why you've gotten hassled in the past.

You'd be well served by acknowledging that I don't have anywhere near the kind of personal vendetta against you that you think I do. To quote you, "I have an opinion, I state it and it's done."

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

You're looking for something that isn't there, dude. I didn't criticize you at all, I'm just explaining why you've gotten hassled in the past.

You'd be well served by acknowledging that I don't have anywhere near the kind of personal vendetta against you that you think I do. To quote you, "I have an opinion, I state it and it's done."

Then please respect the fact you & I have the same style.... We aren't very different.