Donald Trump

Blueballz

33 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Maybe we should make a new thread about the US election for discussion and leave the silly stuff here.

But anyway, FBI Director tries to unscrew Hilary after screwing her last week.  Be interesting to see if it stops the tightening of polls.  

what do you call "silly stuff"?  Anything that doesn't cast Crooked Hillary in the brilliant light that only you and a few others can see?

The astonishing thing about Hillary Clinton is that the Republicans have been tossing nothingburgers at her for years now -- how much time and money did they spend investigating Benghazi?  And they haven't made any of it stick.

So, either she is a Professor Moriarty-level evil supergenius, whose plans are so perfect that the authorities are powerless to stop her.  Or the people who are prosecuting her are utterly incompetent.

Or, perhaps, the charges against her are horseshit.

They vote for a lot of other things on their Election Day than just President but even with billions of initiatives on the ballot it does still seem to be incredibly slow. You would think adding more polling stations and voting machines would be a priority.

I think the worst part is when you see reports about people who were not allowed to vote because the polls closed while they were in line. 

Here's a better look at that Cincinati line:

Yes, if the priority was to help people vote efficiently, then you would think that adding voting facilities would be a priority.

The funny thing about long voting lines is that they happen in places that have large minority populations and Republican state governments - Arizona, Nevada, North Carolina, and Ohio.

North Carolina in particular did a bunch of stuff to make it harder for minority folks to vote -- closing down polling stations, arbitrarily striking people from the voting rolls, restricting early voting, and shuttering DMVs in minority areas so that people can't get the ID they need to vote. The NC state government acted immediately after parts of the Federal Voting Rights Act were struck down by the Supreme Court.  Their vote-suppression laws targeted black Americans with "almost surgical precision" according to the U.S. Court of Appeals, and got slapped down.

This is one of those things that makes me intractably anti-Republican: when you can only win by rigging the game, by preventing people from voting, then I'm not on your side.  It's also a reason why I have zero regard for the argument that both sides are equally awful: only one of those sides is trying to drag us back to the dark days of Jim Crow and poll taxes and the KKK and church burnings and so forth. That's a higher-level evil and **** those people.

Edited by johnzo

3 hours ago, johnzo said:

The astonishing thing about Hillary Clinton is that the Republicans have been tossing nothingburgers at her for years now -- how much time and money did they spend investigating Benghazi?  And they haven't made any of it stick.

So, either she is a Professor Moriarty-level evil supergenius, whose plans are so perfect that the authorities are powerless to stop her.  Or the people who are prosecuting her are utterly incompetent.

Or, perhaps, the charges against her are horseshit.

Curious as to whether you can vote in the election.

Trump already starting with the calls of a rigged election. Has filed a lawsuit in Nevada claiming (paraphrasing) that too many brown people were allowed to vote after Republicans took away as many polling stations as possible.

He's also claiming that the "voting machines" are switching republican votes to the democrats.

5 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Trump already starting with the calls of a rigged election. Has filed a lawsuit in Nevada claiming (paraphrasing) that too many brown people were allowed to vote after Republicans took away as many polling stations as possible.

He's also claiming that the "voting machines" are switching republican votes to the democrats.

I was holding out hope (maybe blind faith) that should Hilary win that Donald would shock everyone and step up with his best speech about coming together as a nation.  i guess Im just nuts.  If Hilary wins, all eyes (and ears) will be on Trump to see how crazy he is during his "concession" speech.  I hope he loses a landslide just to eliminate the questions.

If I understand the Nevada issue, polling stations must allow you to vote if you're in line prior to closing.  Trump doesnt seem to like that, especially in minority-rich areas.  Hmmmm.  He wants everyone to vote along as they are white idiots.

Trump and his son (Eric - the one who actually registered to vote) both broke New York voting laws this morning. Both were caught looking at their wife's ballot while they voted and Eric posted a picture of his completed ballot online. :lol:

Edited by Jacquie

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/nov/08/us-election-2016-polls-trump-clinton-results-live

Nevada judge Gloria Sturman denied the request in a hearing on Tuesday, where she expressed puzzlement about the intentions and details of the lawsuit. “Aren’t we missing about seven steps in this process?” Sturman asked an attorney for the Trump campaign in Nevada.

The lawsuit asked Joe Gloria, the Clark County Registrar of Voters, to preserve the early voting records in Clark County. The state is already required to preserve these records by law. “I can’t obligate him to do something he’s already obligated to do,” Sturman said.