Donald Trump

Blueballz

Just now, Atomic said:

"Putin wants you in because you're a puppet"

"No you're the puppet"

"No you are"

And America circles the drain....

I love debates and saw a few missed opportunities.  I wanted to hear the phrase repeated "Putin's Puppet" (would have been a great headline).  She said it but not forcibly enough.

Trump did well at first, despite virtually everything he said being a complete lie.  But she simply prodded him and he fell for it, hook line and sinker as he always does.

Unbelievably he refused to say he'd accept the results of the election.  That is really shocking and shows what a sore loser he is.  Hasnt even lost yet and he's a sore loser.  And it flies against what his VP and manager stated.

Claims to respect women more than anyone and attacks his accusers.  Says he didnt even apologize to his wife even though she said he did.  Clinton could have said "here's a man that wont even apologize to his own wife, doesnt even have enough respect to do that" but perhaps she wanted to avoid that line given Bill's past.

And ofcourse, perhaps his most boneheaded moment: "What a nasty woman".  Brutal. 

Of everything Trump said, I found it interesting that Hilary did not deny planting people at his rallies to incite violence.  She also never denied that the WikiLeaks emails were real, just deflected it into Russia trying to influence the election.  I swear if it was anyone but Trump, Hilary would be getting crushed.  But he is just plain incompetent.

I think in general, Hillary's strategy has been to not even engage or respond to the accusations he makes because so many of them are just ridiculous and outlandish, and if she did it would quickly devolve into an argument that Donald would want.

In these cases, this might be the first accusations Trump has that actually have merit (other then the email thing).

Agree completely that Hillary loses against most other career politician in these debates.  Although last night was probably her strongest, in general she doesn't come across as sincere.  Everything seems practised, rehearsed, and planned.  The good ones will use the practising and rehearsing to come across as sincere and believable.

26 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Of everything Trump said, I found it interesting that Hilary did not deny planting people at his rallies to incite violence.  She also never denied that the WikiLeaks emails were real, just deflected it into Russia trying to influence the election.  I swear if it was anyone but Trump, Hilary would be getting crushed.  But he is just plain incompetent.

I think the idea she was planting people (even if its true) was so crazy, she let it stand on its own.  He accused her of being responsible for every bad thing that ever happened basically.  Plus she knows, unlike Trump, that if there is even a hint of truth, dont go on record denying it.

There has been talk that many Republicans dont want to use the Wikileaks stuff because it legitimizes hacking and theft and what happens when its a Republican that gets hacked?

Hilary had a great strategy last night.  She was even more aggressive, must have been feeling strong.  Moderator did a pretty good job.  He seemed to lose control a few times, but he held both to answer.  He's a Fox guy but wouldnt let Trump squirm out of answers.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

I think in general, Hillary's strategy has been to not even engage or respond to the accusations he makes because so many of them are just ridiculous and outlandish, and if she did it would quickly devolve into an argument that Donald would want.

In these cases, this might be the first accusations Trump has that actually have merit (other then the email thing).

Agree completely that Hillary loses against most other career politician in these debates.  Although last night was probably her strongest, in general she doesn't come across as sincere.  Everything seems practised, rehearsed, and planned.  The good ones will use the practising and rehearsing to come across as sincere and believable.

Yeah...I dont know.  I find her delivery really strong.  She is well rehearsed for sure.  Maybe she seems more sincere because Trump always seems so off-the-cuff and unprepared.  She did have a few strong "prepared" statements that did come across very sincere.  Her speech about women and there was another one I cant recall where the crowd cheered.  She has an easy job though...just let Trump shoot himself.  And she did.  Very smart. 

I was watching and my gf was sort of half listening (she doesnt like politics) and I'd pause it every so often to point out something, like how Trump clearly was trying to be more calm and on-point but how easy he is to be rattled.  "Putin's Puppet" and "As long as Donald doesnt figure out a way to get out of paying taxes".  He's an idiot.

Almost felt bad for his manager trying to spin his stupidity after and then walking away from CNN because she didnt want to be pinned down.  Loved the CNN panel and the Trump supported contorting themselves to defend his stupidity, especially that goofball who tried to goad the other guy with reference to the N word. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think the idea she was planting people (even if its true) was so crazy, she let it stand on its own.

How is it crazy?  There is video evidence.  Everyone can talk about how ridiculous Trump is, and I agree, but with Hilary the issues are planting people to incite violence, rigging the DNC convention against Bernie Sanders, running the private email server and deleting 30000 emails, etc.  These are serious, serious charges and she doesn't deny any of them.  How does she get away with it?

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Like I said, even if its true its crazy.  Its a crazy thing.  True or false, its crazy.  And Trump is crazy.  So best to let him corner the market on crazy ideas.

So the Democrats have free license to do whatever they want because they don't think people will believe Trump because he says so many crazy things... not sure about that strategy.

14 minutes ago, Atomic said:

So the Democrats have free license to do whatever they want because they don't think people will believe Trump because he says so many crazy things... not sure about that strategy.

Not sure who you're addressing since I never made that point at all.  EDIT: I wasnt making a comment about what Clinton did or didnt do in regards to Trump's rallies.  I was saying her strategy at the debate was wise because accusations of her sending people to disrupt rallies is just another crazy thing Trump accused her of amidst a bunch of crazy things.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

22 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not sure who you're addressing since I never made that point at all.  EDIT: I wasnt making a comment about what Clinton did or didnt do in regards to Trump's rallies.  I was saying her strategy at the debate was wise because accusations of her sending people to disrupt rallies is just another crazy thing Trump accused her of amidst a bunch of crazy things.

Right, and that's what I mean.  They seem to be taking the attitude that they don't even have to address Trump's accusations even when they are legitimate and I think that maybe isn't so wise. 

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Right, and that's what I mean.  They seem to be taking the attitude that they don't even have to address Trump's accusations even when they are legitimate and I think that maybe isn't so wise. 

It will depend on whether it gains traction.  I havent seen any talk about that accusation.  All i've seen is talk about another lousy debate performance by Trump.  So she's correct to avoid it.  If need be, she can answer to it later, but in a debate where Trump was lying left and right and making wild accusations, it was good strategy to avoid addressing something that might actually be true.

It will depend on whether it gains traction.  I havent seen any talk about that accusation.  All i've seen is talk about another lousy debate performance by Trump.  So she's correct to avoid it.  If need be, she can answer to it later, but in a debate where Trump was lying left and right and making wild accusations, it was good strategy to avoid addressing something that might actually be true.

Maybe but I'm not thrilled about where it could lead.  If one side can brush off the other so easily, then what do they have to keep them in check?  Basically gives the democrats free rein to do whatever they want because even if they get called out on it, who's going to believe the republicans?

7 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Maybe but I'm not thrilled about where it could lead.  If one side can brush off the other so easily, then what do they have to keep them in check?  Basically gives the democrats free rein to do whatever they want because even if they get called out on it, who's going to believe the republicans?

If the Republicans want their accusations to be believable, put in a credible candidate.

The fact that it is Trump and he lies and exaggerates every time he opens his mouth, valid accusations are going to get swept away with all of his other ridiculous rhetoric.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

If the Republicans want their accusations to be believable, put in a credible candidate.

The fact that it is Trump and he lies and exaggerates every time he opens his mouth, valid accusations are going to get swept away with all of his other ridiculous rhetoric.

Exactly.  It's not just a republican problem, it affects everyone.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

its mostly a republican problem now because they nominated an idiot. It's unfortunate for all Americans (and all of us impacted by the US). 

I see it as a problem for everyone because the idea behind a two-party system is that they keep each other in check.  That's the whole point.  If one side is completely disregarded then that allows the other side to do whatever they want.  And we're seeing that now.  To borrow a term, the democrats are acting deplorably and there's no one to call them on it.  Not just a republican problem.

American system is not really two party.

It's two branches of one party. There are a few differences here and there, but overall, very little difference on the things that affect the average person, such as war, going after corrupt banks, and so on.

Things Like starting  a war. They are always in agreement on that. And they and their own family rarely get involved in the fighting. They agree on that too.

4 hours ago, Rich said:

.  Although last night was probably her strongest, in general she doesn't come across as sincere.  Everything seems practised, rehearsed, and planned.  The good ones will use the practising and rehearsing to come across as sincere and believable.

I find Obama is one of the best at coming across as sincere and believable.  I was laughing my head off at this interview with Colbert:

Imagine the blowhard Trump or the lying evil robot Hillary trying to pull of these comedic lines?  It just wouldn't work.  Four more years of Obama!  Please!

its mostly a republican problem now because they nominated an idiot. It's unfortunate for all Americans (and all of us impacted by the US). 

But it's the US's problem (and by extension the rest of the world) that they are now going to be run by a family of evil lying robots. 

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was watching and my gf was sort of half listening (she doesnt like politics) and I'd pause it every so often to point out something, like how Trump clearly was trying to be more calm and on-point but how easy he is to be rattled.  "Putin's Puppet" and "As long as Donald doesnt figure out a way to get out of paying taxes".  He's an idiot.

I don't know what debate you were watching, but I thought Hillary just oozed sleaze from top to bottom.  Donald was just a blowhard *******.