Donald Trump

Blueballz

6 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Oh yes, here we go.  If I don't jump on your sanctimonious self-appointed moral highground bus then obviously I'm a terrible person.  As I said, I'll wait and see what actually happens, and if your apocalyptic vision even comes close, I'll apologize.  I already know there are armies of leftist "journalists" out there waiting to spin every move he makes as "racist", "bigoted" and horrible.  I watched that play out for months in the media.  Everything Donald said was spun by the Clinton-controlled pundits as some sort of horrible disgusting racist thing.  And that's why he won, people were just plain sick of it, as they felt they were being insulted too.

But I think you are completely ignoring why Clinton lost.  Until you figure that out, you'll probably continue to be disappointed.  

Why cant you have a discussion without projecting your feelings on others?  Calling me sanctimonious is rich.  Again, you cant see reality through your Trump-stained glasses.  There is nothing redeeming about him.  This isnt about electing Trudeau or Obama or Clinton where there can be political differences, sometimes very strong differences.  His own words and deeds rise to the level of disqualifying him from consideration to the majority of people with any sort of sense.

The KKK is having public celebrations.  I rest my case.

26 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Oh yes, here we go.  If I don't jump on your sanctimonious self-appointed moral highground bus then obviously I'm a terrible person.  As I said, I'll wait and see what actually happens, and if your apocalyptic vision even comes close, I'll apologize.  I already know there are armies of leftist "journalists" out there waiting to spin every move he makes as "racist", "bigoted" and horrible.  I watched that play out for months in the media.  Everything Donald said was spun by the Clinton-controlled pundits as some sort of horrible disgusting racist thing.  And that's why he won, people were just plain sick of it, as they felt they were being insulted too.

But I think you are completely ignoring why Clinton lost.  Until you figure that out, you'll probably continue to be disappointed.  

Holy ******* ****... 

Do you even re-read the drivel you post? 

There is so much wrong with the quoted post above... 

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Holy ******* ****... 

Do you even re-read the drivel you post? 

There is so much wrong with the quoted post above... 

How dare the left wing media spin the racist words and actions of Trump as racist.  How DARE they!

The best part about this is, the media didnt spin a damn thing.  Trump said it and did it.  Even his own advisers begged him to shut up.  But Trump was smarter than he looks - he appealed to base that was larger than many could have imagined - the racist, xenophobic, misogynistic gun nuts.  Make America White Again!

39 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The KKK is having public celebrations.  I rest my case.

LOL - you got to this before me.  Yup - here's a picture:

Cw0soSxWgAAmtv8.jpg

Six morons on a bridge.  The spin from the left "Oh look this must mean that the new Government will be racist".  I expect 4 years of this.  Every time some idiot puts up a horrible sign or these idiots appear on a bridge the Leftists will be going 100% on the guilt-meter.  Meanwhile, will Trump actually enact racist policies?  I sincerely hope not.  But I will wait and see.

16 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The best part about this is, the media didnt spin a damn thing. 

And if you truly believe this, then there's no point in talking about it anymore.  There's a big reason why Hillary lost, but you guys just want to stay on your sanctimonious high horses.  BYE!

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

and its the over-the-top sanctimonious nonsense like this that is in large part to blame for why Clinton lost.  People were tired of the name calling.  A "Cruel vengeful bigot" - really?  Until he had the nerve to run against the establishment, no one had ever called Trump a bigot.

Not even when he was sued by the government for refusing to rent to black people? That story was probably made up the the leftist, sycophantic loons in the media to make him look bad.

So everyone that voted for Trump is a racist. Well you would have to believe based on the results that there are a few million Americans that voted twice for Obama that yesterday voted for Trump. Its what today's society has become everyone has to fit into neat little boxes. Support x you must be y. Support this and you must be that.

11 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Russian parliament gave Trump's win a rousing ovation this morning. I wonder if our NATO allies in the Baltic states are as happy about the results?

maybe they are just happy they aren't being dragged into a war by the Democrats.  I don't know.  As I said, the spin-machine has already started.

14 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Not even when he was sued by the government for refusing to rent to black people? That story was probably made up the the leftist, sycophantic loons in the media to make him look bad.

I didn't even know about this, but it looks like it was in 1973, which is no excuse.  If he discriminates against black people in 2016, then he should be rightfully pillaged and pilloried.

15 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

So everyone that voted for Trump is a racist. Well you would have to believe based on the results that there are a few million Americans that voted twice for Obama that yesterday voted for Trump. Its what today's society has become everyone has to fit into neat little boxes. Support x you must be y. Support this and you must be that.

Apparently, this guy, who just happens to be the brother of the current president, is the biggest racist of all:

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

First you talk about angry hateful rhetoric, and then you go on and post angry hateful rhetoric.  The Federal Government is going to "swarm in" and eject people.  Really?  Look, I'll be the first to apologize if even a quarter of the apocalyptic nonsense you posted above comes true, but I've seen this crap before, in 2011, when every single PC loon was moaning about how Harper was going to get rid of abortion laws and gay marriage, and it never happened.  Instead of babbling on about "tragedy and horror" why not actually give the new administration a chance?  Sure beats eating the massive pile of sour grapes you have piled up in front of you.

HOly ******* ****...

First you go on and post angry hateful rhetoric, then you talk about angry hateful rhetoric, and then you go on and post angry hateful rhetoric. This thread is FILLED with your hateful rhetoric, so I think it's pretty rich that you should be so sanctimonious about hateful rhetoric. (I am not going to post specific examples, because all one needs to do is read your posts throughout this thread.

TUP was stating that the kids/minorities/people in general feel and are afraid that The Federal Government is going to "swarm in" and eject people- not that TUP is saying that the US Feds ARE going to do that. Re-read TUP's excellent post with an objective eye and you might have a better understanding of what he was trying to convey.

The left wont need a negative spin machine when the right will provide plenty of negative facts and actions.

One of the things that has become apparent to me as a right-leaning conservative is how many people dont care about the person, the issues or what's right.  They care about winning for their side and it doesnt matter if that side is wrong.  When Trump said he could shoot someone in Times Square and no one would care, he was right.  His supporters on the right just wanted to win and nothing else mattered.  The people who DID turn away from the Republican's is all the more shocking and impressive since so many didn't. 

Dont defend the things Trump has done and said.  Dont defend the angry, hateful rhetoric from so many of his supporters.  Dont attack those that feel scared, disappointed, ashamed in this outcome. 

Be insightful and empathetic to the perspectives of those we have a very difficult time understanding.  How must so many women feel today when they see a man just like so many men they've likely encountered over the years is now President?  Men who verbally and physically abuse them who think its cool and fun to talk about their bodies, to touch them without permission, to think that's okay?

How must so many minorities feel today?  Kids born in America who are now waiting for the federal government to swarm in and eject their parents.  Muslims who love America who are frightened they might be forcibly removed, subjected to undue racially motivated scrutiny by the government or worse, walking the streets in the aftermath of the environment Trump created where it's now okay to openly express your racism and hatred?

We can hope this is proven to be over-reactions but these are real, relevant feelings, well deserved in the wake of Trump.  Funny meme's and "yeah but what about Hilary" nonsense is all fine, but there are an awful lot of American's today that are reasonably scared to death.  The spin isnt from the left, its from the right trying to downplay the tragedy and horror of the history that was made last night.

"Look, I'll be the first to apologize if even a quarter of the apocalyptic nonsense you posted above comes true, but I've seen this crap before, in 2011, when every single PC loon was moaning about how Harper was going to get rid of abortion laws and gay marriage, and it never happened. " -KBF

No- you won't, you will not apologize for any of it. it's not in you to apologize for anything "left" that may be true or "right" that is proven to be false or anything that goes counter to your narrative. So i call bullshit on you. and sure Harper didn't abolish abortions or got rid of gay marriage but he did re-open the debate on abortion (private member's bill...). Though there was a metric ****-tonne that was done that people were afraid of. Cherry-picking two things out of a laundry lists of public concerns is not very convincing. 

Instead of babbling on about "tragedy and horror" why not actually give the new administration a chance?  Sure beats eating the massive pile of sour grapes you have piled up in front of you.

Yeah, he can follow your lead from Oct 20th, 2015 and onward.

17 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah, he can follow your lead from Oct 20th, 2015 and onward.

That's the only good point you made in that rant.  If the Conservatives want to be relevant again, they have to stop their Trudeau sour grapes (me included) and figure out what went wrong last year, just as the Clinton supporters here should swallow their anger and rage (and from the looks of it there is a lot) and also figure out what went wrong with their campaign.  Maybe just insulting everyone who disagrees with you isn't a great campaign strategy after all.  Weird.

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Maybe just insulting everyone who disagrees with you isn't a great campaign strategy after all.  Weird.

See... Again, I don't know if you are being sarcastic or serious again- Cuz that Strategy won Trump the presidency...

Awaiting another ironic/sarcastic rolleye gif from a lefty entertainer.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Loud booing rocked the floor of the storied New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday during Hillary Clinton's concession speech to President-elect Donald Trump.

Some of the Wall Street traders began chanting "lock her up!," as Clinton appeared on television screens, urging her millions of disappointed supporters to accept the stunning defeat.

"Ding-dong, the witch is dead," shouted another floor trader.

The harsh reception for Clinton is the latest chapter in the bitter campaign for the White House.

The stock market offered a much warmer welcome on Wednesday for Trump. Shaking off panic selling that rocked global markets overnight, U.S. stocks opened calmly, avoiding the crash many feared. The Dow even rose as much as 200 points after Clinton conceded.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

6 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

See... Again, I don't know if you are being sarcastic or serious again- Cuz that Strategy won Trump the presidency...

Awaiting another ironic/sarcastic rolleye gif from a lefty entertainer.

Here's a post from another site I follow.  Maybe this will tell you a bit about why Trump won:

I was chatting online last night with a couple of Trump voters. They both said they didn't like Trump. But as hard working Americans they were fed up with their neighbors losing jobs because some hedge fund guy bought the company and shipped the jobs to (insert low wage country here) even though the company made money. They didn't like Trump's racism, nor his anti-immigrant stance (although they don't like illegal immigrants) but in a very large way they wanted to "give the finger" to the Wall St. and hedge fund guys - who they see as represented by the status quo and Clinton.

8 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Here's a post from another site I follow.  Maybe this will tell you a bit about why Trump won:
"but in a very large way they wanted to "give the finger" to the Wall St. and hedge fund guys - who they see as represented by the status quo and Clinton. "

Trump's front runner for Treasury Secretary is a long time Goldman Sachs employee. That will show the "establishment".

He promised them something he can't deliver.

All these people have been replaced by robots. American manufacturing has been on a steady climb, yet, there are no new jobs. Why? Because they don't need people like they used to.

He can rip up trade agreements but it won't bring any jobs back.

Unfortunately, the economists and journalists that raised this were ignored by the right and the left. His sound bites became the focus. That and emails.

Meanwhile, the Supreme Court will have reversed many previous decisions, including Roe vs Wade and gay marriage.

These are things that he ran on.

Trump Won Because Leftist Political Correctness Inspired a Terrifying Backlash

What every liberal who didn't see this coming needs to understand

Many will say Trump won because he successfully capitalized on blue collar workers' anxieties about immigration and globalization. Others will say he won because America rejected a deeply unpopular alternative. Still others will say the country is simply racist to its core.

But there's another major piece of the puzzle, and it would be a profound mistake to overlook it. Overlooking it was largely the problem, in the first place.

Trump won because of a cultural issue that flies under the radar and remains stubbornly difficult to define, but is nevertheless hugely important to a great number of Americans: political correctness.

More specifically, Trump won because he convinced a great number of Americans that he would destroy political correctness.

I have tried to call attention to this issue for years. I have warned that political correctness actually is a problem on college campuses, where the far-left has gained institutional power and used it to punish people for saying or thinking the wrong thing. And ever since Donald Trump became a serious threat to win the GOP presidential primaries, I have warned that a lot of people, both on campus and off it, were furious about political-correctness-run-amok—so furious that they would give power to any man who stood in opposition to it.

I have watched this play out on campus after campus. I have watched dissident student groups invite Milo Yiannopoulos to speak—not because they particularly agree with his views, but because he denounces censorship and undermines political correctness. I have watched students cheer his theatrics, his insulting behavior, and his narcissism solely because the enforcers of campus goodthink are outraged by it. It's not about his ideas, or policies. It's not even about him. It's about vengeance for social oppression.

Trump has done to America what Yiannopoulos did to campus. This is a view Yiannopoulos shares. When I spoke with him about Trump's success months ago, he told me, "Nobody votes for Trump or likes Trump on the basis of policy positions. That's a misunderstanding of what the Trump phenomenon is."

He described Trump as "an icon of irreverent resistance to political correctness." Correctly, I might add.

What is political correctness? It's notoriously hard to define. I recently appeared on a panel with CNN's Sally Kohn, who described political correctness as being polite and having good manners. That's fine—it can mean different things to different people. I like manners. I like being polite. That's not what I'm talking about.

The segment of the electorate who flocked to Trump because he positioned himself as "an icon of irreverent resistance to political correctness" think it means this: smug, entitled, elitist, privileged leftists jumping down the throats of ordinary folks who aren't up-to-date on the latest requirements of progressive society.

Example: A lot of people think there are only two genders—boy and girl. Maybe they're wrong. Maybe they should change that view. Maybe it's insensitive to the trans community. Maybe it even flies in the face of modern social psychology. But people think it. Political correctness is the social force that holds them in contempt for that, or punishes them outright.

If you're a leftist reading this, you probably think that's stupid. You probably can't understand why someone would get so bent out of shape about being told their words are hurtful. You probably think it's not a big deal and these people need to get over themselves. Who's the delicate snowflake now, huh? you're probably thinking. I'm telling you: your failure to acknowledge this miscalculation and adjust your approach has delivered the country to Trump.

There's a related problem: the boy-who-cried-wolf situation. I was happy to see a few liberals, like Bill Maher, owning up to it. Maher admitted during a recent show that he was wrong to treat George Bush, Mitt Romney, and John McCain like they were apocalyptic threats to the nation: it robbed him of the ability to treat Trump more seriously. The left said McCain was a racist supported by racists, it said Romney was a racist supported by racists, but when an actually racist Republican came along—and racists cheered him—it had lost its ability to credibly make that accusation.

This is akin to the political-correctness-run-amok problem: both are examples of the left's horrible over-reach during the Obama years. The leftist drive to enforce a progressive social vision was relentless, and it happened too fast. I don't say this because I'm opposed to that vision—like most members of the under-30 crowd, I have no problem with gender neutral pronouns—I say this because it inspired a backlash that gave us Trump.

My liberal critics rolled their eyes when I complained about political correctness. I hope they see things a little more clearly now. The left sorted everyone into identity groups and then told the people in the poorly-educated-white-male identity group that that's the only bad one. It mocked the members of this group mercilessly. It punished them for not being woke enough. It called them racists. It said their video games were sexist. It deployed Lena Dunham to tell them how horrible they were. Lena Dunham!

I warned that political-correctness-run-amok and liberal overreach would lead to a counter-revolution if unchecked. That counter-revolution just happened.

There is a cost to depriving people of the freedom (in both the legal and social senses) to speak their mind. The presidency just went to the guy whose main qualification, according to his supporters, is that he isn't afraid to speak his.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/11/09/trump-won-because-leftist-political-corr

Edited by kelownabomberfan