Donald Trump

Blueballz

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Disappointment and shock run hand in hand.. 

How long, legally, before this person can be impeached?

Well he controls congress.  It will be interesting to see how much he actually wants to be President.  Living in the White House will be a bit of a step down for him.  Could Pence doing much of the work of the office.  If the house looks like it might flip in two years, I could see him stepping down.

But it truly wouldnt surprise me if he does something impeachable.  Politicians do shady things all the time but are generally smarft enough not to step over the line (or get caught).  Will Trump be that smart when he thinks he's untouchable?

I feel really awful for minorities in the US.  Cannot imagine how they must feel today.

Every man who voted for Trump should look their daughter/mother/wife/sister in the eye today and explain themselves.  When we elected the empty suit Trudeau people said "meh, it could be worse."  That's true.

Saw a map of 18-25 year old voters and they overwhelmingly voted in favour of Hilary.  Im a conservative mostly but the Republican's deserve to be roundly punished for this.  If they hadn't flirted with the fringe crazies all these years, this might not have happened.  There will always be those with darkness in their hearts, but they are supposed to be marginalized and kept buried in their caves.  Trump just lead them to the light.  Hopefully he takes this responsibility seriously.

Hillary is leading the popular vote.

Regarding Black Lives Matter, the thing the KKK wants is not just the idea of a President who would be a KKK member.  Donald wouldnt be that.  But to create a scenario that triggers a "race war".  That's why they wanted Trump.

George HW Bush showing he's a true statesman, calls Trump to congrats him and publicly did so as well.  Bush had left a very gracious hand written note on the desk of the oval office for Bill Clinton.  Classy guy.

CNN reports Trump begins to receive full Presidential intelligence briefings today.  So we shall see if he changes his tune on anything in the next few days and weeks.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

and its the over-the-top sanctimonious nonsense like this that is in large part to blame for why Clinton lost.  People were tired of the name calling.  A "Cruel vengeful bigot" - really?  Until he had the nerve to run against the establishment, no one had ever called Trump a bigot.  That word gets abused by the left so much, it's lost all meaning.  "Don't agree with everything we say??  Then you are a BIGOT!!"  "Don't agree the entire environment is going in the toilet??? DENIER!!"  These issues aren't binary, and reducing them to binary means you end up with people getting angry.  And that means they will want change.

One last post for now...this was posted on another board I follow and sums it up pretty well:

Trump went from being an amusing sideline to a viable, albeit mostly amusing candidate over the last 6 or 7 months.
He resonated with what turned out to be the largest audience of Americans, those who are disenchanted with the status quo.
Clinton was viewed as untrustworthy and dangerous.
She never managed to state in simple terms why she was running.
She was seen as a mere extension of insider politics. Closed door politics. Lobbyist favoritism. More of the same old same old.
Had Michelle Obama run? I think she would have won in a landslide. My view.
Is America ready for a female president? If she is the right one, yes. If she is Hillary Clinton, no.
The US political system needs to pay heed to what just happened. The government is supposed to be for the people. They haven't been and here we are.
The next little while is going to be highly entertaining.
Stay tuned

33 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

and its the over-the-top sanctimonious nonsense like this that is in large part to blame for why Clinton lost.  People were tired of the name calling.  A "Cruel vengeful bigot" - really?  Until he had the nerve to run against the establishment, no one had ever called Trump a bigot.  That word gets abused by the left so much, it's lost all meaning.  "Don't agree with everything we say??  Then you are a BIGOT!!"  "Don't agree the entire environment is going in the toilet??? DENIER!!"  These issues aren't binary, and reducing them to binary means you end up with people getting angry.  And that means they will want change.

This is completely false.  Why would anyone call Trump a bigot when he wasn't spouting big stage, public bigotry?  That makes no sense.  Be bigger than to defend the right at all costs.  Sometimes the right is wrong.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I agree - so it begins...the negative spin machine from the left begins....

The left wont need a negative spin machine when the right will provide plenty of negative facts and actions.

One of the things that has become apparent to me as a right-leaning conservative is how many people dont care about the person, the issues or what's right.  They care about winning for their side and it doesnt matter if that side is wrong.  When Trump said he could shoot someone in Times Square and no one would care, he was right.  His supporters on the right just wanted to win and nothing else mattered.  The people who DID turn away from the Republican's is all the more shocking and impressive since so many didn't. 

Dont defend the things Trump has done and said.  Dont defend the angry, hateful rhetoric from so many of his supporters.  Dont attack those that feel scared, disappointed, ashamed in this outcome. 

Be insightful and empathetic to the perspectives of those we have a very difficult time understanding.  How must so many women feel today when they see a man just like so many men they've likely encountered over the years is now President?  Men who verbally and physically abuse them who think its cool and fun to talk about their bodies, to touch them without permission, to think that's okay?

How must so many minorities feel today?  Kids born in America who are now waiting for the federal government to swarm in and eject their parents.  Muslims who love America who are frightened they might be forcibly removed, subjected to undue racially motivated scrutiny by the government or worse, walking the streets in the aftermath of the environment Trump created where it's now okay to openly express your racism and hatred?

We can hope this is proven to be over-reactions but these are real, relevant feelings, well deserved in the wake of Trump.  Funny meme's and "yeah but what about Hilary" nonsense is all fine, but there are an awful lot of American's today that are reasonably scared to death.  The spin isnt from the left, its from the right trying to downplay the tragedy and horror of the history that was made last night.

14 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

.  Dont defend the angry, hateful rhetoric from so many of his supporters.  Dont attack those that feel scared, disappointed, ashamed in this outcome. 

Be insightful and empathetic to the perspectives of those we have a very difficult time understanding.  How must so many women feel today when they see a man just like so many men they've likely encountered over the years is now President?  Men who verbally and physically abuse them who think its cool and fun to talk about their bodies, to touch them without permission, to think that's okay?

How must so many minorities feel today?  Kids born in America who are now waiting for the federal government to swarm in and eject their parents.  Muslims who love America who are frightened they might be forcibly removed, subjected to undue racially motivated scrutiny by the government or worse, walking the streets in the aftermath of the environment Trump created where it's now okay to openly express your racism and hatred?

We can hope this is proven to be over-reactions but these are real, relevant feelings, well deserved in the wake of Trump.  Funny meme's and "yeah but what about Hilary" nonsense is all fine, but there are an awful lot of American's today that are reasonably scared to death.  The spin isnt from the left, its from the right trying to downplay the tragedy and horror of the history that was made last night.

First you talk about angry hateful rhetoric, and then you go on and post angry hateful rhetoric.  The Federal Government is going to "swarm in" and eject people.  Really?  Look, I'll be the first to apologize if even a quarter of the apocalyptic nonsense you posted above comes true, but I've seen this crap before, in 2011, when every single PC loon was moaning about how Harper was going to get rid of abortion laws and gay marriage, and it never happened.  Instead of babbling on about "tragedy and horror" why not actually give the new administration a chance?  Sure beats eating the massive pile of sour grapes you have piled up in front of you.

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

First you talk about angry hateful rhetoric, and then you go on and post angry hateful rhetoric.  The Federal Government is going to "swarm in" and eject people.  Really?  Look, I'll be the first to apologize if even a quarter of the apocalyptic nonsense you posted above comes true, but I've seen this crap before, in 2011, when every single PC loon was moaning about how Harper was going to get rid of abortion laws and gay marriage, and it never happened.  Instead of babbling on about "tragedy and horror" why not actually give the new administration a chance?  Sure beats eating the massive pile of sour grapes you have piled up in front of you.

Who are you trying to convince? 

The fact you are actually arguing this shows that you cant see past your own red Trump hat.  You sure hedged during the campaign because you assumed he'd lose and you could then pop in here with your usual irrelevant attempts at humor but now he won so you have to defend your guy.

People ripping on the crazy stuff Harper might do was silly because it was all nonsense.  These are things Trump himself said he wanted to do.

This guy's rhetoric and tone has been appalling.  Racist, bigoted, angry, clueless, obnoxious.  That is fact.  This is HIS words and actions.  This guy bragged that he could sexually assault & harrass women because he was a star and then it turned out to be true.  He wants to eject 12 million immigrants.  He wants to build a giant wall for which he has no plan to construct and fund.  He wants to either eject Muslims or ban them or just subject them to intense scrutiny depending on which day of the week it is.

This isnt about different political beliefs or opinions.  This guy is a bigoted clown, clueless and unqualified.  He has no respect for minorities or women, by his own words and actions.  He's a lout. 

And people like you will defend that because he represents your "general" political leanings.  Sorry that says more about you then anyone else.  And the idea that people that say this are sour or sore losers?  hahahahaha everyone has been saying this all along!  Now we see the reality of people who kept their true feelings suppressed...take a stroll around social media and see the comfort at which the bigots and losers now proudly fly their flags of ignorance.  Go ahead, defend him.  Insult me, insult others.  It speaks to who you are, not who I am.

Read this, from Republican strategist Ana Navarro.  This is what every sensible conservative should be feeling if you want to look your daughter or wife in the eyes, if you believe in equality for all.  As a conservative I *have* to denounce Trump lest anyone subscribe to the horrifying thought that Trump speaks for me. 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/07/opinions/navarro-republican-voting-for-clinton/index.html

14 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

.  Sorry that says more about you then anyone else.  

Oh yes, here we go.  If I don't jump on your sanctimonious self-appointed moral highground bus then obviously I'm a terrible person.  As I said, I'll wait and see what actually happens, and if your apocalyptic vision even comes close, I'll apologize.  I already know there are armies of leftist "journalists" out there waiting to spin every move he makes as "racist", "bigoted" and horrible.  I watched that play out for months in the media.  Everything Donald said was spun by the Clinton-controlled pundits as some sort of horrible disgusting racist thing.  And that's why he won, people were just plain sick of it, as they felt they were being insulted too.

But I think you are completely ignoring why Clinton lost.  Until you figure that out, you'll probably continue to be disappointed.