Donald Trump

Blueballz

7 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Imo the worst part is that some people think Trump's biggest issue is only that he's rude.

Every criticism I've heard leveled against him is in regards to either his looks or his perceived personality.  He's not a criminal like Clinton.  He takes advantage of the country's tax laws, but honestly who pays more taxes than the law tells them they have to?  Maybe you like Clinton because she is a career politician that always knows what to say in public.  But to me that doesn't make someone a good leader.  It makes them a smooth talker, and that is not what a president needs to be.  A president needs to be a good decision maker and I'll trust the guy with a billion dollar business empire over the person who can schmooze the best.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Every criticism I've heard leveled against him is in regards to either his looks or his perceived personality.  He's not a criminal like Clinton.  He takes advantage of the country's tax laws, but honestly who pays more taxes than the law tells them they have to?  Maybe you like Clinton because she is a career politician that always knows what to say in public.  But to me that doesn't make someone a good leader.  It makes them a smooth talker, and that is not what a president needs to be.  A president needs to be a good decision maker and I'll trust the guy with a billion dollar business empire over the person who can schmooze the best.

I'm waiting to see how his trial for fraud and racketeering goes before I can agree with that statement.  His misuse of charitable donations might be another one. I don't even want to mention his impending rape trial, but I guess I just did...

Just now, sweep the leg said:

I'm waiting to see how his trial for fraud and racketeering goes before I can agree with that statement.  His misuse of charitable donations might be another one. I don't even want to mention his impending rape trial, but I guess I just did...

And how about the trial for Clinton accepting cash from foreign countries like Saudi Arabia to her campaign?  Oh wait she doesn't have to face any sort of trial for that.

Her answer in the debate?  "Well yeah lots of dirty money has flowed into the Clinton foundation but look at all the good it's done."  Sorry but it doesn't work like that.  Can't use a portion of illegally obtained money for good causes and then say everything is okay.

8 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Or how about the FBI exec who was investigating Clinton whose wife just so happened to get a huge cash gift from the Clintons at the same time?  Just a coincidence I suppose.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/mcauliffe-aided-wife-of-fbi-official-handling-clinton-probe.html

pure coincidence

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

And how about the trial for Clinton accepting cash from foreign countries like Saudi Arabia to her campaign?  Oh wait she doesn't have to face any sort of trial for that.

How about it? I don't think I've ever said that Clinton hasn't done shady things. You said Trump isn't a criminal like Clinton. His pending trials appear to debunk this.

As for taking money from foreign sources, a story came out just today that a Trump PAC offered "influence" to a Chinese donor in exchange for an illegal donation of $2M. The entire thing was recorded by undercover reporters working for the Telegraph in London.

2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

How about it? I don't think I've ever said that Clinton hasn't done shady things. You said Trump isn't a criminal like Clinton. His pending trials appear to debunk this.

As for taking money from foreign sources, a story came out just today that a Trump PAC offered "influence" to a Chinese donor in exchange for an illegal donation of $2M. The entire thing was recorded by undercover reporters working for the Telegraph in London.

Except Clinton's transgressions come while acting as an authority of the state which really should be far more alarming to anyone.  She's broke the law before while in power, she obviously knows very well how to do it and get away with it, and that's pretty scary to me.

13 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

If that's true about Trump's campaign I hope they are punished severely.  I also wish that these "undercover reporters" would do the same kind of sting operation on Clinton's campaign.  Of course, they won't though.

Also - who in their right mind is giving to Trump's campaign expecting some sort of benefit from it?  He would actually have to win to get the benefit, and you'd have to be pretty blind to think that Trump has any chance of winning at this point. 

Edited by kelownabomberfan

9 hours ago, Atomic said:

Don't you have to actually be convicted of something to be a criminal? 

Don't you have to hold political offices over a number of years to be called a career politician? She's been involved with political campaigns and been appointed to committees but the first time she was elected to public office was in 2001. She has been involved with numerous campaigns for various people and been appointed to a number of boards and committees but for the most part she's been a lawyer and law professor.

Edited by Jacquie

8 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If that's true about Trump's campaign I hope they are punished severely.  I also wish that these "undercover reporters" would do the same kind of sting operation on Clinton's campaign.  Of course, they won't though. 

They did.

From the Telegraph article:

Undercover reporters posing as consultants acting for a Chinese benefactor approached specific pro-Trump and pro-Clinton fundraisers and groups after receiving information that individuals were involved in hiding foreign donations.

Sources also said PACs, “independent” organisations that can raise unlimited sums of money to lobby for or against particular candidates, were being used to circumvent rules. 

The pro-Clinton organisations did not respond to initial approaches. But earlier this month an undercover reporter spoke by telephone to Eric Beach, co-chairman of the pro-Trump Great America PAC, which has the backing of Rudy Giuliani, one of Mr Trump’s most senior advisers, as well as the billionaire's son Eric.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/24/exclusive-investigation-donald-trump-faces-foreign-donor-fundrai/

(CNN)FBI Director James Comey said Friday the bureau is reviewing new emails related to Hillary Clinton's time as secretary of state, according to a letter sent to eight congressional committee chairmen.

Developing story - more to come

***October surprise anyone?  Trump gaining momentum...
Edited by The Unknown Poster

On 10/26/2016 at 0:52 AM, Jacquie said:

Jacquie, please stop letting truth and reason cloud the debate here.  This is about how nasty a woman Clinton is because blah blah blah blah?  Okay?? 

15 minutes ago, max power said:

Because blah blah blah?  No, this is why:

http://www.mostdamagingwikileaks.com/

100 reasons to get you started. Stay tuned for more.

To be honest, I have long stopped caring.  if the FBI finds something new and decides to prosecute, then great.  They didnt.  But if there some expert amateur detectives out there that can make the case against her on blogs then for sure, we should just go to her house and haul her away. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Jacquie, please stop letting truth and reason cloud the debate here.  This is about how nasty a woman Clinton is because blah blah blah blah?  Okay?? 

Or even better, just admit they both suck, for different reasons.  Glad to see her campaign didn't accept the bait from the "undercover" reporters, as this did not seem to be the case when she was Secretary of State, using the Clinton Foundation for her pay for play machinations.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

To be honest, I have long stopped caring.  if the FBI finds something new and decides to prosecute, then great.  They didnt.  But if there some expert amateur detectives out there that can make the case against her on blogs then for sure, we should just go to her house and haul her away. 

Turns out, maybe they did now.

And you don't need to be an "expert amateur detective" to see she's a crook.  You just have to be able and willing to read. Unfortunately most people are not willing. And there's plenty of people willing to completely ignore and lie about what's right in front of our faces. So far.