Bombers "close to" deal with Dressler

Mike

11 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Well, crunch time for Kyle Walters. Can he deliver on the highest profile free agent available this off season?  The next 4 1/2 months will be a very important time for the organization & perhaps  his career as a CFL GM. 

Dressler is the highest profile FA of the off season? 

1 hour ago, Jacquie said:

Dressler is the highest profile FA of the off season? 

Sure, who would you rate higher, Jacquie? He's only 30 & in the right system would be an immediate impact player. If we sign this guy he will be an absolute difference maker. He'll win us some games just on his ability alone.

7 hours ago, Jacquie said:

There are a few players I think would be considered to have as high or higher profile than Dressler. Ted Laurent, Duron Carter, Andrew Harris and a few others. 

We don't have a legit shot at Carter or Laurent, and I would disagree with Harris being a bigger signing than Dressler.

Dressler is highest profile  FA available to us.

On Friday, January 22, 2016 at 3:27 PM, DR. CFL said:

Guessing Dressler might be a starter on any team. Guessing he won't be commuting to North Dakatoa after work each day. Guessing Winnipeg is the only team with HC in the final year of a contract. The only team to miss the playoffs 3 years in a row and counting. Guessing Winnipeg currently appears to be the team most willing to overpay. So Winnipeg does meet the criteria. Welcome home Dressler.

Guessing that your guesses are just that. Guesses

2 hours ago, Double Dare said:

From a marketing and ticket sales standpoint, the prospect of promoting a new offence featuring Drew Willy, Andrew Harris and Weston Dressler coached by Paul LaPolice would be a huge coup. It would make people forget about the Marcel Bellefeuille era pretty quickly. 

I was with you until Lapolice, then I was sad.

5 hours ago, Double Dare said:

From a marketing and ticket sales standpoint, the prospect of promoting a new offence featuring Drew Willy, Andrew Harris and Weston Dressler coached by Paul LaPolice would be a huge coup. It would make people forget about the Marcel Bellefeuille era pretty quickly. 

Like a train wreck, what is seen cannot be unseen ... it would definitely sooth though.

1 minute ago, Engelwood said:

Because he is in no hurry to sign. He may wait out till free agency starts to let others set a price tag.

He's a FA at this moment, so the price tag has already been set. Duron Carter signed in Montreal & he never waited.  Any number of teams could have made him an offer. For a team that was "close to" signing Dressler this past Wednesday is he going to go somewhere else now?

Just now, iso_55 said:

He's a FA at this moment, so the price tag has already been set. Duron Carter signed in Montreal & he never waited.  Any number of teams could have made him an offer. For a team that was "close to" signing Dressler this past Wednesday is he going to go somewhere else now?

Because one person signed does not mean another will do so right away, do we know if he may have went on vacation, has family events to attend or even may want to take time to think about the situation. Remember media take a small piece of information like we gave him an offer and turn it into he is about to sign here because that story will get more clicks than WPG made an offer. Sorry, but we are talking about a guys livelihood here and he may want to take time to make the right choice. But hey reading these boards for long enough I have realized that you just look for stuff to criticize management no matter who is in charge.

Damn right, I criticize, We've won 12 games in 2 years. Missed the playoffs both times. If his signing is a formality as has been reported, then Walters better sign him. And if Dressler went on vacation, he has a  cell phone & his agent would contact him. Vacation???

12 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Damn right, I criticize, We've won 12 games in 2 years. Missed the playoffs both times. If his signing is a formality as has been reported, then Walters better sign him. And if Dressler went on vacation, he has a  cell phone & his agent would contact him. Vacation???

Where was it reported that his signing was a formality?

All the reports I've seen have said that the Bombers have a good offer on the table but he is still talking to other teams.  How is that only a formality?

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

exactly, ISO if you're so on top of it. you should have known it was widely reported that Dressler was waiting on another teams offer before deciding. So go ***** at whatever other team (CGY) is keeping things in limbo. But nooo, it's the bombers fault Dressler wants to wait to see. Your shits getting old real fast.

Wow, aren't you touchy? Concerned the deal won't get done the longer this takes so you're getting angry? Let's hope the deal gets done & he becomes a Bomber. And Rod Black says I'm going  to have a stroke???