Bombers "close to" deal with Dressler

Mike

38 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

But you said players want to go to a winner...not to Winnipeg. I guess Westerman was just a fluke too. And now you're changing the parameters. Naughty, naughty. 

Sounds like you're rationalizing, oops, I meant irrationalizing.

You're gonna give Transcona a bad name.

Wild and to a lesser extent newman as well could be added to the list as prized or at least sought after players that were held at gun point... Er i mean willingly decided to come play for the bombers.. 

Wonder if it sucks when reality clashes with a point you're attempting to make..

In FA money tends to rule which is one of the reasons they go to FA. Winnipeg has always managed to sign big and lesser names. So what? The fact remains is that whether by FA or drafting Winnipeg hasn't had a winning formula for years. They did alright on OL last year but only made a minor impact on DL and ignored DBs, LBs and and receivers. 

It would be great to get Dessler and Chick but they need a ton more good moves to not suck again this year.

12 hours ago, TransconaBomberfan said:

Nick Moore only signed with Winnipeg because they offered him the most cash , he admitted to it on Radio. Stanley Bryant chose us because there was no where else to go after all the other Oline signed. Sam Hurl signed here because they promised him he would start, please name me any other team where Hurl starts at Linebacker . Matt Nichols knows he is one injury away from starting , name me another team where he would start. Even in there first year they showed way more progress than Winnipeg and spent a lot of money on these free agents .

So what you are saying is that there are a variety of reasons for guys to sign places in free agency? Doesn't that totally contradict your previous post? 

Bullshit. Winnipeg has plenty of bargaining chips. As we've heard over and over, the stadium itself is a huge draw. I believe the coaches, to a degree, are a draw. Then we heard from Westerman last year that when they were trying to recruit him they "run things like an NFL organization". Nobody's saying it's perfect right now but we're not a place everyone's avoiding. 

23 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

There are a variety of reasons for players to sign with teams. Money, geography, playtime and being on a stable competitive team are amongst the top ones. At this point in time money maybe the only real significant bargaining chip that Winnipeg has to offer.

By your parameters, and I'm not saying they are correct, we easily offer the most in 3 of your 4 top criteria. We will probably offer Dressler the most money, the best geography for him, and the best on field opportunity. This is who this discussion is about, after all.

Edited by gcn11

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

totally off topic but im surprised the riders didnt try to market some kind of Smith & Weston (Wesson) merch. guns are bad mmmmkay but there was some good potential there

that actually seems like  a really good marketing idea....

Edited by Mark F

7 hours ago, Mark F said:

that actually seems like  a really good marketing idea....

Depends on the audience.  Those stubble jumpers couldn't make the leap to "Smith and Weston", lot's of head scratching and blank stares all around.  Hard enough to restrain them from bringing their shotguns to the stadium to keep them from taking pot shots at Gainer.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Guessing Dressler might be a starter on any team. Guessing he won't be commuting to North Dakatoa after work each day. Guessing Winnipeg is the only team with HC in the final year of a contract. The only team to miss the playoffs 3 years in a row and counting. Guessing Winnipeg currently appears to be the team most willing to overpay. So Winnipeg does meet the criteria. Welcome home Dressler.

u are saying wpg is the only team to over pay, i am guessing u mean in 2016, because the riders were the team in 2015

if i am not mistaken we are the only team to offer hot food before and after practice in the cfl, cal offered 

Cereal and milk and hamburgers and hotdogs, not even close to what the bomber players get now

You can feed and water the masses or not. Any and all of those ammenities are part of the Cap. Teams can choose to spent the Cap anyway they like.  While some of those things maybe a nice touch do you really think they are difference makers when it comes to signing players?

19 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

But you said players want to go to a winner...not to Winnipeg. I guess Westerman was just a fluke too. And now you're changing the parameters. Naughty, naughty. 

Sounds like you're rationalizing, oops, I meant irrationalizing.

You're gonna give Transcona a bad name.

Giving tcona a bad name, now that is a feat.

10 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

This will now become the comparison between what people deemed as the " patient rebuild" in Winnipeg versus what transpires in a Sask with the "blowup resurrection". Indeed if this does not serve as judgement day in Winnipeg what does?

7 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

This will now become the comparison between what people deemed as the " patient rebuild" in Winnipeg versus what transpires in a Sask with the "blowup resurrection". Indeed if this does not serve as judgement day in Winnipeg what does?

So you liked what you posted so much you had to post it again 3 hours later? :huh: ;)